Profile for blossom > Reviews

BT Big Button 200 Corded Telephone - White
BT Big Button 200 Corded Telephone - White
Offered by Eleze

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable, 26 Aug. 2014
There is quite a lot I do not like about this telephone. Starting with the design, I do not like the base of it. My husband has arthritis in his hands & perhaps being a little clumsy, he is forever knocking it over. Secondly, the earpiece cord is continually falling out of the receiver. Also, my husband has to wear headphones to watch television, otherwise all of the neighbourhood would be able to hear what he is watching. Unfortunately, this means he cannot hear the telephone ring. Even the flashing light does not always attract his attention. He also finds it very difficult to adjust the volume when he is speaking to a caller.

Today, I picked the whole receiver set up to pass to him, only to have a dark brown semi liquid substance appear all over my hand. On opening the battery compartment cover, we found to our shock, that all of the batteries have leaked. These are the batteries which were in the telephone when purchased, February 2014. I am not in good health, & quite frankly, neither of us are well or young enough, to cope with telephones which need battery changes or any other maintenance to be honest. This may be asking a lot in today's age, I do not yet know. The search goes on......

9 September 2014. The supplier of this telephone agreed to replace the base for me, without me having to send the whole telephone back. I must say I was impressed with this service. I decided to take them up on this, as quite frankly, I am not well enough to bother with returning faulty items. On receiving the second base, I was interested to see that there were no batteries in at all, which was not the case with the first one. So now we have put our own Eveready batteries in, knowing when they were inserted.

One other point. A green light is supposed to flash when there are messages waiting. It appears this is only activated if you use BT itself. We do not, so I am a little disappointed in that I was hoping for an indicator to remind us to check for messages.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 2:27 PM GMT

Dr.Hauschka Eyeshadow Palette 1.8 g
Dr.Hauschka Eyeshadow Palette 1.8 g
Offered by kosmetikkaufhaus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Eyeshadow quad., 25 Aug. 2014
Wonderful neutral shadows. Matte, soft colours with depth & staying power. Quite a large amount of shadow, considering it is a quad. Nice neat packaging, & a large mirror adds to the quality of this product.

Marius Fabre Savon de Marseille Shea Butter Bath Soap 250g - Violet
Marius Fabre Savon de Marseille Shea Butter Bath Soap 250g - Violet
Offered by Marmaduke The Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Vague violet., 19 Aug. 2014
Unfortunately, I seem to be losing my sense of smell. Whether this is due to my ill health, or my advancing age I do not know. However, I can barely smell the violet in this soap, & then only when dry. The soap itself is creamy, with a soft lather. It is quite a large bar, with square corners, This makes it a little difficult when first using the soap. Depending on the size of one's hands obviously.

laptop table Comfortable 17 + drawer . Free name engravement + free gift.
laptop table Comfortable 17 + drawer . Free name engravement + free gift.
Offered by Comfortableworld-net

5.0 out of 5 stars Just ideal., 19 Aug. 2014
Firstly, I wish to thank all of the other reviewers who answered my question regarding this item. The answers I received guided me to make this purchase, & I could not be happier.

I can only endorse all of the other reviews. This table is making my internet browsing so much more comfortable.

The table itself is sturdy, but light & easy to open/close the legs. The right hand side is not wide enough for a mouse mat, but a mouse by itself has plenty of room to manoeuvre! I do use a mat, & just let the excess width be. Actually, maybe I will not use a mat!

As you can see by the accompanying photograph, the table top can be tilted. There are four degrees of tilt available. This makes it very comfortable to use the keyboard. (Using a bead lap tray as I have been, meant I was using my fingernails !)

I contacted the manufacturer through Amazon after I placed my order, to arrange to have my name engraved. This was done, much to my delight. I received a pen as a gift, not that I needed something extra.

I am in bed a lot, but it is really easy to move the table when I need to get out of bed. There is no weight on my legs, & I am propped up very comfortably.

CHANTI - Sence copenhagen earrings in plated brass - Harlequin - Model:133103
CHANTI - Sence copenhagen earrings in plated brass - Harlequin - Model:133103

3.0 out of 5 stars Colour not as shown., 18 Aug. 2014
I have to express my disappointment with the colour of these earrings. On arrival, they are nothing at all like the peach shade shown in the photograph. Rather, they are a very pale cream. I have bought Sence jewellery before, & noticed a similar issue with my last pair of earrings. On that occasion I expected a pale blue, what I received was a milky white.

I am going to notify the seller, & also contact Sence directly over this.

The Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Look and Feel Gorgeous Forever
by Sarah Stacey

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat emptor, 15 Aug. 2014
I have recently had correspondence with the authors over something they were promoting in their email newsletter. I am more & more disillusioned with these ladies. I do now believe they are only interested in selling. They are unwilling to face up to the idiocy which is promoted by themselves on behalf of others. I am truly appalled at some of what they recommend. They use pseudo science (as do most beauty houses) to impress naive women. For example, 'Toxins' do not exist in a normal body. Our bodies cleanse themselves continuously, every moment of every day. I am an advocate of all types of healing, but one must be sensible, not gullible. If only doctors, GP's, were more caring & knowledgeable. If only a dermatologist could be seen on the NHS for cosmetic reasons. Maybe that is not the complete answer either, but I am so angry with all this greed applied to women with their insecurities.

Sure, go out & buy a lipstick they recommend, a mascara, foundation etc. Just remember we all have our favourites in these lines. We all are of a slightly different skin & tooth colour. Also some of us, believe it or not, get an oily t-zone after the menopause!!! And what is wrong with grey or brown mascara? I am extremely fair, & way past 20 years of age. Nearer to 70 in fact. I do not want to look like a smokey eyed ingénue now. Brigitte Bardot looks great with her black eye makeup. Blue or grey eyes do not carry a kajal/kohl look so well, particularly large eyes. Brown eyes can carry this look longer. The reality to me is that we do have to experiment to find what we look good in. I look completely washed out now in a 'nude' lipstick, & conversely, I have never been able to wear a red (I worked in the industry myself & was therefore able to try every red in existence!) I do not like shiny lips now, as I have quite a large, well formed mouth/lips & shine looks ridiculous. I do not like shiny cheeks either. I have never seen a woman my age with naturally shiny cheeks.

I have been wearing makeup & taking care of my skin since I was 15 years old. I have gone through all of the fashions when I was younger. My skin is in very good condition. Sun block is the best prevention you can find. Stop smoking cigarettes if you can, as they do damage to your whole body. Cut down on alcohol as well. Do not lose too much weight. Keep to a simple skin care routine. Do not judge yourself harshly by comparing yourself to air brushed photographs of well known people. It is an illusion, designed to play on your doubts, your fears, your worries. Be kind to yourself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2015 12:53 PM GMT

Fairie-ality Style: A Sourcebook of Inspirations from Nature
Fairie-ality Style: A Sourcebook of Inspirations from Nature
by David Ellwand

4.0 out of 5 stars A good companion., 14 Aug. 2014
Lovely photography, but not as romantic or intricate as the original Fairie-ality. Still, I think that would be almost impossible to surpass. Good colour selection chart included.

Relax Slippers Gavin Mens Leather Slippers 10 Black
Relax Slippers Gavin Mens Leather Slippers 10 Black
Offered by Charles Clinkard

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful soft leather., 14 Aug. 2014
Very soft, very comfortable slippers. Have small wedge heel, which is better than totally flat heels. Soft leather sole, so not suitable for outdoor wear.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Shiny, 14 Aug. 2014
I must have misunderstood the advertising for these tights. I assumed BB effect would be matte, I really do not know why. But they are quite shiny, which is not at all suitable for me.

Amanti Venezia Murano Gold Plated Dusky Pink Earrings
Amanti Venezia Murano Gold Plated Dusky Pink Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of sparkle., 14 Aug. 2014
I am just a little disappointed with these earrings as they look more like goldstone in actuality. There is nothing wrong with goldstone, but I have only recently purchased a pair of goldstone earrings. The photograph does not show the sparkle of which there is quite a lot.Having said that, they are much prettier really than they appear here. A lighter pink underneath a darker pink swirl. The glass is cleverly designed so that from the front (or back) it looks as if there is a gold rim surrounding it. I will keep them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20