Profile for blossom > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Braun TS755 Iron, 2400 Watt, White/Blue
Braun TS755 Iron, 2400 Watt, White/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iron, 18 Oct. 2014
Oh to wax lyrically about an iron. Well, all I can say is Braun make the best irons Ihave used. I have owned them in different countries, over many, many years. The only problem I have had is here in England. This is because I live in an area with extremely hard water. Since I have been unwell, I do not always remember to clean the iron. This has led to a build up of the minerals & has caused the iron to first of all begin to set the trip switch off, then eventually to 'die'. I have had 4 (counting this latest one) irons in 18 years, one of which came from from another country & was at least 12 years old when it expired. The others were 5 & 6 years old. Some might think this is an average life for an iron by the standards of today.

The weight of this iron is heavier than the previous one I had, but as I can only iron for a short time, it has not affected me. Actually, it slips & skims over fabric so easily, so silkily, it is no chore at all. I like the open handle very much, as I like the cord being able to be swivelled away from oneself. The water container is readily visible, though this is not so important to me in my circumstances. The steam just stops coming out if there is no water available.

The controls are simply illustrated & easy to use. There is an instruction manual. There is an anti-calc filter & the plate can be cleaned also. I have not yet cleaned it as instructed - I must remember to do so.!!!

Dragonfly Rooibos Vanilla Tea Bags (Pack of 4)
Dragonfly Rooibos Vanilla Tea Bags (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice delicate tea,, 18 Oct. 2014
I do like this tea. The vanilla is not overpowering at all, but takes away the strong taste rooibos can have.

Apsley Vintage Chic Style Floral Pencil Pleat Lined curtains or tiebacks or Cushion Covers (Sorbet / Duck Egg, 66x90 inches)
Offered by CCC Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Darker than appear in photograph., 18 Oct. 2014
I was looking for a vintage looking curtain for my bedroom. Whilst these curtains do fit that requirement, they are somewhat darker than they appear in the photograph. A mid grey/green really. Not quite the washed look I thought. However, I did not have the energy to search online for any other curtains, plus these were not at all expensive, they are lined & actually stop the light coming in quite so strongly in the mornings.

Designing Your Face
Designing Your Face
by Way Bandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics, plus, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Designing Your Face (Hardcover)
Oh Way Bandy. What we women of today owe this young man.

His expertise was in using the face as a canvas & drawing, shading, highlighting, just as a painter would. There are diagrams & easy to follow instructions for us less creative souls. Many of today's make up artists use his methods. Some perhaps are unaware of this fact, but he was very much a forerunner in the world of make-up. Not only to enhance, but to subtly alter a woman's features.

This book tells his basic instructions, including mixing up your own coloured foundations etc. Highlighters, shaders, contour products were not readily available. Many may now feel this is unnecessary, as most of these type of products can be purchased, but still there are occasions when it can be useful.

Such a shame we had to lose this beautiful man.

5000ml / 5 Litre Classikool Pure Distilled Water - De-ionised Then Distilled
5000ml / 5 Litre Classikool Pure Distilled Water - De-ionised Then Distilled
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pure water, at a price., 18 Oct. 2014
I live in a very, very hard water area, which personally, I do find annoying for many reasons. Not the least that it clogs up irons at a great rate. If I do not remember to clean the iron, (I am in ill health) at least monthly, it will sooner, rather than later 'die'. I like a good iron, but I do not like to have to keep replacing them so quickly. After a lot of cyber snooping, including emails to various companies, I decided to go with the iron I like best - again. But what to do about the water? Previously, I have seen warnings not to use distilled water. But this time it seems to be accepted in a 50/50 mix with tap water. However, the online brochure of the iron I bought, stresses de-ionized water. The customer service representative said distilled! This water is both, but it is very, very expensive. So, I still have the problem. Which water to use?

Rio Trading 500mg Rosa Mosqueta Oil - Pack of 90 Capsules
Rio Trading 500mg Rosa Mosqueta Oil - Pack of 90 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for vegetarians, 18 Oct. 2014
I am vegetarian, I cannot take flax seed oil, so was happy to find these.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, cosy & comfortable., 18 Oct. 2014
For any man who feels the cold, these are the answer, well at least for my husband they are. 100& cotton which I like, they wash well. I put them in the tumble dryer when dry to soften them up..

Vantona Claudia Floral, Blue, Pink, White Curtains 168 x 183 cm (66 x 72" Drop) - Lined (1 x PAIR CURTIANS ONLY)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, but not twee,, 18 Oct. 2014
I do love these curtains but I made a mistake & they are not long enough for my bedroom windows.

OXO Good Grips Nylon Round Turner
OXO Good Grips Nylon Round Turner
Offered by Complete Care Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Very big, 18 Oct. 2014
Way too large. I wanted a replacement slice/turner for one which snapped, but this is enormous. Can barely fit into the small pan i use fro frying husband's eggs. off to charity shop.

Orkney Isles map Gift Souvenir Fridge Magnet
Orkney Isles map Gift Souvenir Fridge Magnet
Offered by cheekymonkeydesigns2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 18 Oct. 2014
Bought as a souvenir to send to Australia.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20