Profile for Mr. G. Warner > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. Warner

Mr. G. Warner (Essex, UK)

A Feast for Crows (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
by George R. R. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Anti Climax, 14 July 2012
I'm about 250 pages into this installment and I am finding it hard work.

Its just not as interesting and grippig as the previous books. I think the problem is all the good characters have been killed off or removed from the story somehow and the ones left are boring. In the previous books I couldnt wait to continue certain threads of the story. Now it feels like I'm just trying getting through them hoping that something exciting will happen.

Lets hope the next 250 pages are better than the first 250.

cellePhone Battery Li-Ion for Samsung Galaxy S2 ( GT-I9100 ) - black ( replaced EB-F1A2G ) - 2600 mAh ( FAT )
Offered by cellePhone

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive battery life, 17 April 2012
Battery is very large and you will need to use the cover supplied. This will result in your phone having a lump on the back of it. However I do now get three days battery life from a single charge

JVC HA-FX66-B - 'Air Cushion' In Ear Headphones - Black
JVC HA-FX66-B - 'Air Cushion' In Ear Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Over the moon, 23 July 2011
I listen to alot of music as I'm commuting five days a week and i am extremely pleased with these earphones. I literally had them in my ear for about 5 seconds and said "wow" The sound quality is excellent and it comes with a range of ear buds to get perfect fit.

The earphone itself is shaped in a away the the outer piece rest in your outer ear stopping them from falling out when you're on the move in fact the earphone are so well fitted that I have had to remove them carefully rather than just pulling them out. The cable also hangs in front of you and does not go round the back of the neck, which I personally perfer.

Overall extremely impressed. Don't do what I did and try buying a few budget ones for a fiver. You really do get what you pay for. If you listen to a lot of music then you can go to wrong with a pair of these.

JVC Gumy Headphone for iPod / iPhone / Mp3 - Peach Pink
JVC Gumy Headphone for iPod / iPhone / Mp3 - Peach Pink
Offered by VC Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy little girl, 16 July 2011
Bought these for my daughter who has just got her first MP3 player and they are perfect.

They fit her ears perfectly as many of the in the ear earphones are too big and probably not suitable for a 6 year old. She loves the colour as it matches the colour of her MP3 player and the sound quality is excellent as you would expect from JVC.

She's happy and quiet.....bliss

Groov-e GVEB3PK Kandy Earphones - Pink
Groov-e GVEB3PK Kandy Earphones - Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 16 July 2011
Not too impressed bought these for my daugher and only one earphone worked. Decided to buy some JVC ones instead.

Invero® Replacement Blackberry Micro Mains Charger for 8900 Curve, 8520 Curve, 9300 Curve 3G, 9700 Bold, 9105 Pearl 2, 9100 Pearl 2, 9520 Storm 2
Offered by Jam shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Blackberry charger replacement, 16 July 2011
Difficult to write much about a charger, but I am very happy with this product fits my phone perfectly and chargers effectively.

The only thing I would say that is a slight negative is a blue LED light comes on when plugged in, so if your charging over night in your bedroom the light is annoying. But that is me being really picky.

I-SMART METAL NOISE CANCELLING EARPHONES BLACK
I-SMART METAL NOISE CANCELLING EARPHONES BLACK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, nothing special, 16 July 2011
Bought these earphones, but you get what you pay for.

The sound quality is ok, but not great clarity, the cord goes round the back of your neck, which I personally don't like and the ear bud themselves we're slight to short, so I find myself pushing them in my ear quite hard to get them to stay in position. (But that might be my ears...lol)

Ok for a back up, but will be buying something with better sound quality as I listen to a lot of music.

Sandisk 4GB Sansa Clip MP3 Player with Radio - Silver
Sandisk 4GB Sansa Clip MP3 Player with Radio - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent MP3, 10 May 2009
Very happy with this purchase especially for the price. Plenty of storage for me. I found the controls very easy to use I took this straight out of the box and started using it straight away. The only thing I have had a bit of trouble with is getting my songs into the playlists. Perhaps I should read the instructions.

Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men Library)
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men Library)
by Roger Hargreaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Everynight....Read Mr Tickle Daddy, 18 Nov 2007
I bought ten Mr Men books for my daughter, but everynight it's this one we have to read before bed. The five stars are based on her enjoyment as she loves this story and I'm sure your kids will love it to.

Navman S30 Satellite Navigation Unit With UK & Ireland Mapping
Navman S30 Satellite Navigation Unit With UK & Ireland Mapping

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first sat nav, 10 Nov 2007
I purely based this purchase on the reviews of previous models from Navman and just hoped that the high standard of reviews would continue in the new range, so far I have been fairly impressed with what I've purchased. I suppose I would consider myself quite good with electronic goods, but I literally had this working within 5 minutes. I entered my work address as a test, it calculated the route and off we went.

The S30 is the entry model and if all you need to use it for is the odd business trip, weekends out or family holidays in UK/Ireland then I would say this will do the job. Sales reps and heavy duty drivers may need to consider one of the more serious models.

Good points

- Easy to use
- Voice loud enough
- Plenty of warning on directions
- Calculates speed and warns you of speed cameras
- Memory card slot
- Excellent value for the money

Bad Points

- The keyboard touch screen is no good if you have large fingers. (I use the end of a pen)
- Some postcodes are incorrect (This maybe a postal service issue to be fair)
- It will take you on the route, which it deems the quickest. (But you can ask it to avoid certain areas i.e. the M25)
- The maps are not 100% up to date (the one way system in my town no longer exists, but the sat nav shows it still being there)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2008 6:27 PM GMT