Profile for Rock fan > Reviews

Content by Rock fan

Rock fan (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Take Me Home
Take Me Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Please read on before you judge this review!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I'd always hated One Direction... Ever since they were on X Factor in 2010. They were just so so annoying. I just couldn't stand them... Then, of of my best mates (who is the biggest Directioner ever) recommended this album to me. It took her like, six months to actually get me to even buy the album. I did just that... And it changed my opinion of them... I'm not going to lie and say each and every track is good, but each one's different in its own way!

Can't wait for future albums!!

UFO: Too Hot To Handle - The Story Of UFO [DVD] [2011]
UFO: Too Hot To Handle - The Story Of UFO [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ UFO

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag, 7 Feb 2012
The storming live footage from UFO's golden era in the 70s, featuring Schenker in scintillating form, is worth the entrance price alone. However, the interviews are remarkably dull, the latter-day Rock & Blues Festival footage makes for uncomfortable viewing - due largely to Schenker's condition at the time - and this re-release seems to have been edited (several online reviews of a previous edition mention, for example, the inclusion of material from the Laurence Archer era). All-in-all, a bit of a shabby production, but definitely worth investing in if you're a Schenker fan.

Cinderella's Eyes
Cinderella's Eyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Cinderella's Mouth, 1 Oct 2011
This review is from: Cinderella's Eyes (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed this album. It's a lot different to Girls Aloud. The singing's sensational, you see a brand new side to Nicola Roberts that you've never seen before. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the explicit language. I don't have a problem about it but Girls Aloud has such an influence on young children and she swears God knows how much on one album. Imagine if an 8 Year Old used its pocket money on the album and heard all that swearing, it might either make their parents take the album off their kid and they're upset or the lyrics get into their heads and they sing them. I'll tell you now, its not as bad as Eminem's swearing. Overall, very good
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2011 5:56 PM BST

Get Out While You Can - Escape The Rat Race
Get Out While You Can - Escape The Rat Race
by George Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Exploring the Alternatives to Wage Slavery, 6 Aug 2011
I purchased this book recently because I am disillusioned with the world of wage slavery and wanted to explore ways of taking back control of my life.

The book is extremely well written and accessible. Most importantly, it provides the necessary step-by-step practical advice needed for the reader to execute the ideas that it puts forward. Using this advice, it is perfectly feasible for anyone with a basic level of knowledge of computers and the Internet to, for example, set up websites and start making money from them. This information is often quite difficult to obtain elsewhere.

As well as the practical information contained in the book, there is plenty of discussion about the ridiculousness of modern ways of working. Why sell our time to employers for a pitiful one-off hourly payment when we could be spending that same time in such a way that the work done in each hour has the potential to carry on earning money for a long time after it has been done?

After reading the book, I'm pleased to say that I now have a live website with its own domain name, which I hope will start to make money through the adverts that are hosted on it very shortly. I'm already thinking about ideas for my next site.

Get Out While You Can's combination of discussion and practical advice is a powerful one and everything in the book is realistically achievable with the right amount of time, thought and effort.

Highly recommended.

Somewhere in California
Somewhere in California

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in the Game, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Somewhere in California (Audio CD)
Absolutely corking stuff. The sound is right back to classic-era Night Ranger and the album is chock full of memorable hooks and quality playing. The production is great and the songs are instantly accessible. At this stage in their careers some bands are just going through the motions, but Night Ranger sound incredibly fresh here. If you're a fan of the band's first 3 albums then this will be right up your street. The ideal soundtrack to summer (if we get one).

Love?
Love?

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the album, 7 May 2011
This review is from: Love? (Audio CD)
I really love this album. Let me tell you what I think of the songs:

On The Floor - Featuring Pitbull SCORE 5/5 - The lead single i've always loved and now to have about a whole minuite extra is amazing.

Good Hit SCORE 3/5 - The worst song on the album. From this point of the album i thought "waist of money and only 2 tracks in."

I'm Into You - Featuring Lil Wayne SCORE 3/5 - Why I think this one is average has nothing to do with J Lo, Lil Wayne is the problem. Never liked him to be honest. Worst thing is, its the new single :@

(What Is) LOVE? SCORE 4/5 - Getting better. Love this track. My third fav.

Run The World SCORE 4/5 - Fourth Fav. Amazing

Papi SCORE 5/5 - From the name of this track I thought "Oh My God, This is gonna sound bad" but when it came on... I was dancing away. My favourite song on the album.

Until It Beats No More SCORE 4/5 - The biggest ballad on the album. Beautiful

One Love SCORE 3/5 - The only one that J Lo wrote, and it's average.

Invading My Mind SCORE 3/5 - Good club hit, ok though

Villian SCORE 4/5 - Worst singing on the album, beat is amazing. Why I like this

Starting Over SCORE 3/5 - Beautiful song

BONUS TRACK Hypnotico SCORE 5/5 - 2nd Fav and saved on of the best for last.

Overall, liked the album

Who You Are
Who You Are
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Touching, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Who You Are (Audio CD)
I hated Jessie J at first, but then, she became brillient. I brought the album because it sounded brillient. My favourite tracks are Nobody's Perfect and Who You Are for the same reason, i've been in both of those experiences. Best album in a long time

Femme Fatale
Femme Fatale

1.0 out of 5 stars GARBIGE!!, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Femme Fatale (Audio CD)
This is the worst album i've ever heard!! I would rather listen to Justin Bieber than to this album. A complete disappointment!! Don't Buy it!! WASTE OF MONEY!!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2012 9:20 PM GMT

The X Factor Annual 2011
The X Factor Annual 2011
by Rachel Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent, 9 April 2011
I love this book. One of my ambitions is to become a recording artist and it has lodes of tips to audiction for the X Factor for the prize of the Million Pound Recording Contract. I recommend this to all x factor lovers and people who want to become a recording artist.

Saraya
Saraya
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 17 May 2010
This review is from: Saraya (Audio CD)
Cracking melodic rock album. Recently re-released with 4 bonus tracks by French label Bad Reputation. Hopefully that version will be available via Amazon soon.

Page: 1 | 2