Profile for Bella > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
La Leela Self Printed Beach Swim Kaftan Cover-ups Blue
La Leela Self Printed Beach Swim Kaftan Cover-ups Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and looks quite good with linen trousers, 23 Jun 2014
Looks good and feels comfy. Perfect for summerwear. Washes well and dries quickly.
I will be wearing this during my forthcoming holiday - especially in the evenings.

Koh Koh Women's Designer Round Neck Long Sleeve Maxi Dress - X-Large - Black
Koh Koh Women's Designer Round Neck Long Sleeve Maxi Dress - X-Large - Black
Offered by Koh Koh Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for what I wanted, 23 Jun 2014
Not bad quality. Seams are ok. I think it may be a bit see through, but its fit for purpose, not expensive and very comfortable.

Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml
Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great and very versatile, 23 Jun 2014
This is a good quality oil and my current favourite.

The uses and benefits of coconut oil are well documented. To get the benefits you need to buy organic, raw, virgin oil - which this is. It has a mild taste and I think its a good price. Delivery is also usually very quick.

I wont go into all the benefits, but I get through a lot of it, and I use it for everything from cooking, to cleansing my face (gets rid of waterproof mascara) and I have a teaspoon dissolved in bovril at least twice a day. My lips are wonderfully soft as a result!

I am using it as part of a low carb, high fat weight loss regimen conbined with fasting. My fast days usually involve 2 or 3 teaspoons of oil in hot drinks and perhaps some veggies fried in them for dinner.

I give it to my 3 year old son on a teaspoon especially if he has a cold or sore throat, and have used it in his hair to kill off and remove lice (it worked a treat) I also use it as a salve on any cuts and sores and it helps heal them quickly.

I only wish it came in dinky jars, so that I could carry it in my handbag. I am going to find something suitable and decant it.

The Easy Way to Enjoy Flying (Allen Carrs Easy Way)
The Easy Way to Enjoy Flying (Allen Carrs Easy Way)
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars Something seems to have worked, 5 Sep 2010
I have a complete and irrational fear of flying which has made life a misery for the last 15 years.

I dont know where it started and I dont know what made it happen to me, but all I know is that the mere thought of a plane - or even a picture of one would send me into a panic where I could feel my heart beating in my chest and almost start crying.

I have been on 2 flights since this fear took hold of me. Both have been hell. I shake while Im booking it, I panic on the way there, Im a nightmare at the airport. Then I get on the plane and it gets worse. I cant eat, I cant do anything. I cant talk - I cant listen to music, I cant read. I just sit there, frozen in fear jumping at every movement of the plane and every noise.

Things have been so bad that we have spent the last 5 years driving for miles rather than get on a plane.

This year, I realised I couldnt keep expecting my husband to put up with this, so I agreed to try and overcome the fear. I bought 3 fear of flying books from Amazon. All gave me and idea of how it flys and why and I decided I would take all of them on the flight with me to help me. I thought if I could look up the noise or the movement in the book, I would feel better. Some of the books gave me coping mechanisms like deep breathing and so on.

However, we then booked our holiday and I realised I still wasnt happy. Each time I tried to visualise myself in the plane, I got the same palpitations and panic. So I found this book which I sat and read in 2 sessions. Well, all I can say is that the panic has gone - for now.

I cant say how I will feel when I get on the plane - or how I will cope with take off and landing or banking or any of those things that really set me off, but I do know that right now, I dont have an over riding fear in my belly.

This is so startling for me that I had to write this review now - even though Im only flying in 20 days time and could write it then, but I wanted to express how different I feel today - just having read the book.

This is the only book I will be taking with me. I dont think I need the others.

When Ive flown at the end of the month I will come back and update this review to let you know how it all was. Suffice to say, Im now excited about my holiday and quite looking forward to the flight. Even if thats the only thing thats changed, its one amazing book!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2013 9:45 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2