Profile for natashad13 > Reviews

Content by natashad13

natashad13 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Pure Argan Oil 100ml - 100% Cold Pressed Organic Moroccan Oil For Face, Hair, Skin, Nails - Natural Treatment For Age Defying Skin, Lustrous Hair And Healthy Nails. EcoCert Certified Organic- Premium Quality
Offered by BeYouOnline

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for skin!, 29 Sep 2014
I have been grappling with breakouts in my late 30s after years of pretty clear skin. Having spent a fortune on all sorts of expensive skincare products which were not helping and doing some research online I decided to go natural. My skin is slightly dehydrated with a bit of an oily T-zone so I was looking for something that would moisturise drier areas without making my t-zone more oily, and being a little lazy I wanted one oil that would do both jobs. Argan oil is meant to be suitable for all skin types as it is a balancing oil and so far it hasn't disappointed. It's not a heavy oil and you only need a few drops and it sinks into the skin nicely without leaving a greasy feel. After having tried it on its own for a couple of weeks and seeing a difference to my skin (even tone, smoother and less redness), I decided to add in a few drops of essential oil (lavender - for balancing / antibacterial and frankincense for anti-ageing) - my skin is now totally loving this combination. I only use this at night - I haven't tried it under make up yet, but my skin feels amazing when I wake up in the morning. I'm definitely getting less breakouts (the odd spot vs cluster of spots I was getting before switching to this). For drier / more mature skins you may want to blend in a slightly heavier oil (e.g. avocado) to give a more moisturising effect, but my skin type doesn't need this (yet - this may change as it gets colder). I can't compare this brand to other argan oil blends but all I can say is it's definitely working for me! I chose this brand as I wanted a glass bottle with dropper presentation and the price was very reasonable (not so cheap you'd doubt the quality but not crazy expensive either). On a slightly separate note, I got some useful tips on how to use the argan oil in a beauty regime - some pretty good ideas and not ones I would have thought of, so good customer service from that point of view! Very happy overall!

Crock-Pot Sauté Countdown Slow Cooker, 5.7 Litre, Silver
Crock-Pot Sauté Countdown Slow Cooker, 5.7 Litre, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!, 19 Sep 2014
I spent quite a lot of time researching slow cookers before buying this one. This is my first slow cooker so I can't compare to any others out there, but I'm so glad I went for this option. My requirements: large enough capacity for holding big joints (1.5kg+), a removable inner pan which could go on a stove (for sauteing) which was also ceramic so it could go into an oven, an oval shape to accommodate large joints with bones, no glass lid (was worried about it shattering and ruining my food). Despite us only being 3 in our house I prefer to bulk cook - let's face it, if you're going to cook something for several hours, why not cook extra and freeze the leftovers for a nice easy meal on another night?! This easily makes enough leftovers for another 2-3 nights at least! I have only had this a couple of months and have already used it several times to slow cook joints (with and without bones) and make stews, bolognese, chilli con carne. It's simply amazing: a quick sautee of the meat and onions / veg on the hob (whatever base you want to use), a little liquid (you don't have to use loads) and some seasoning. Transfer into the slow cooker and either cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, using the digital timer - basically you can ignore it once it's on and get on with other things. I have used both settings and they have worked equally well. The result: perfectly tender, tasty meat. The removable pan is slightly on the heavy side and as a result is a little cumbersome to hand wash. It can go in the dishwasher, though I never seem to have space for it. I would suggest leaving the empty pan to soak for a while as it can be a little tricky to wash. Other than that I have no complaints. I only wish I would have bought this sooner!

Real Techniques Core Collection Kit
Real Techniques Core Collection Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of face brushes, 1 Jun 2014
I've generally been a MAC loyalist when it comes to make up brushes, but realised it was costing me a small fortune to sustain my "make-up habit". I came across these brushes after seeing numerous recommendations by You Tube bloggers and given their price, I thought they were worth a try. I wasn't disappointed. The collection consists of 4 brushes and I actually use all of them (though not always for what they suggest!). My favourite is the buffing brush which I use to apply and blend out liquid foundation. It's amazing how many compliments I've had about my make up since using this brush so that just goes to show how amazing it is! So much so, I actually own 2 buffing brushes - so that I can wash them every couple of days and always have one free to use. I would say that you do need to wash these at least every couple of days otherwise the application starts to become more patchy and they start to take on too much of the product. But they wash easily and dry very quickly and I haven't had any fall-out of hairs from them. The contour brush is also great for applying contour powder to cheekbones and temples (not precise enough for me for the nose). Having initially thought that the pointed foundation brush wouldn't be useful (it's not great for liquid foundation as it gives a bit of a streaky look), I've recently discovered it's great for applying contouring products on the nose. The other brush is a small detail brush and I think it's meant as a lip brush, but I actually use it to apply light eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eyes. So I'm pleased I've been able to find a use for all of these brushes in the end. A must have kit for anyone using make up!

Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques Blush Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge fan of RT brushes!, 1 Jun 2014
This is a further addition to my ever expanding collection of RT brushes. Having become a big fan of the buffing brush for applying foundation, I thought I'd give this blush brush a go. It's quite a large fluffy brush, and though densely packed, it has a lot of "give" - so I particularly like it for blending out my blusher (especially if I've been a bit heavy handed with a blusher!). Whilst I do use it for application of blusher as well, I actually prefer to apply blusher with a smaller angled blush brush (MAC) for more targeted application and then blend it out with this RT blush brush. In fact I mostly use this brush for applying bronzing powder as I can sweep it all over my face very efficiently - for this and blending blusher this brush does an amazing job - and all for a great price. I'd highly recommend the RT brushes - they definitely give MAC brushes a run for their money! Ooh and I have washed this several times (I've owned it several months and tend to wash it at least once a week) with no fall-out. Also dries very quickly!

Sleek Make Up Face Contour Kit Medium 15g
Sleek Make Up Face Contour Kit Medium 15g

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a contour kit in the right shade for darker skin!, 1 Jun 2014
I've become a huge fan of Sleek make up over the last few months. Previously I would only buy MAC products but I came across these products on various You Tube reviews and thought they were worth a try - particularly as they seem to cater for darker skin tones. I have medium-dark (Asian) skin so often find it hard to get suitable products for my skin- especially on the high street. Before I stumbled upon this gem I had tried a number of different MAC products which had been recommended as contouring products (darker concealers, Matte bronzing powders etc), but the shades were never a good fit for me (either not dark enough or too orange / muddy). This contouring powder is perfect for me though - dark enough that you can see a subtle difference when I apply it (cheekbones, nose, temples) but not so dark that it's obvious. It blends really well for a seamless look. The highlighter was an added bonus but admittedly I only use this occasionally as I personally prefer a more shimmery gold finish. Whilst this highlighter has a slight shimmer, it's much less noticeable (so ideal if you want something subtle). Overall I'm really pleased with this, huge thumbs up from me!

BaByliss 2856NCU Pro 200 Nano Green Hair Straightener
BaByliss 2856NCU Pro 200 Nano Green Hair Straightener

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little straighteners - perfect for holidays / short hair, 1 Jun 2014
Having always been a fan of GHD straighteners, I never really believed any other brands would be up to the job. But I was planning a trip to the US and my old GHDs weren't dual voltage so I opted for these. They're pretty good value, they're ceramic and compact. I have short, fairly fine hair with a slightly longer sweeping fringe (just over my eyes) and need more than a hairdryer to straighten my fringe completely as sadly I'm not blessed with straight hair. For this they are perfect. I can't comment on how effective they'd be on longer, thicker hair (wouldn't probably be up to the job), but for me they do what I need. The only slight downside is that they do get very hot on the outside and if you're not careful I could imagine they would singe your hair (I literally run them through my fringe quickly and I don't squeeze them too hard in order to avoid damaging my hair).

Ready Steady Cook Bistro 16cm Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Lid, Silver and Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and seemingly good quality, 1 Jun 2014
I've owned this saucepan a few months now and have been really pleased with it. Given its relatively small size, I wanted to use it for cooking vegetables and small amounts of potatoes / rice and it fits my needs perfectly. The silicone handle on the saucepan and lid are great (especially compared to other my expensive pans with steel handles that get really hot!). As other reviewers have commented, the straining lid is ingenious - one side has small holes, suitable for draining rice and the other has larger holes which work for straining vegetables / potatoes - I love not having to get a separate colander dirty! Overall a very good buy!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for babies!, 31 July 2011
Bought this as I wanted to avoid the usual plastic-backed waterproof sheets which get very sweaty. I believe this is cot-size but we have used it both for our travel cot, as well as my daughter's cot bed. Obviously it comes up a little small for the cot bed but covers a sufficiently large area over the mattress, even allowing for my daughter constantly changing sleeping positions! I hadn't had much cause to test its effectiveness until the last couple of months where we've had a few incidents of vomiting and leaky nappies and I can safely say this really works. Nothing has yet soaked through to the mattress itself thanks to this protector and it's washed and tumble dried really well. The fabric feels nice and soft - a bit like thick flanelette material. We have used this in summer months too and it doesn't seem to have made our daughter any hotter. An absolute must have for protecting beds / mattress from any accidents!

Philips AVENT SCF146/02 Soft Spouts (6 Months+)
Philips AVENT SCF146/02 Soft Spouts (6 Months+)
Offered by BabySecurity

2.0 out of 5 stars Below expectations, 4 April 2011
I'm a big fan of the Avent range having used their bottles, teats and breast pump since my daughter was born but I was really disappointed with these spouts. I bought them as I liked the concept of being able to use them with the bottles I already had (thereby saving money and saving space from having additional cups), but similarly to other reviewers, my 6 month old daughter found these really difficult to suck water from. I must admit I gave up after a week or so of trying as she was getting very frustrated, and she preferred taking water from an Avent teat instead. I have since transitioned to a Tommee Tippee free flow cup which she's found much easier to work with. Shame, as if Avent could come up with a free flow spout to fit their bottles I might have stayed loyal to them!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2011 10:28 AM BST

Tommee Tippee First Cup (Lime)
Tommee Tippee First Cup (Lime)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 4 April 2011
I was swayed by the positive reviews for this cup when looking for a suitable first cup for my 6 month old daughter. I had previously tried Philips Avent soft spouts to fit the bottles I already had, but my daughter didn't take to them as they're non-spill and I think she needed to suck quite hard to get anything out. So I thought the fact this Tommee Tippee cup was free flow might make things a bit easier for her. She initially found the flow a bit too fast compared to a teat (she was breast & bottle fed) but I persevered with offering it to her every day and from about 7 months she got the hang of it finally! She's now even trying to drink from it herself but needs to tip her head quite far back to get the water in! Obviously with this being free flow if your child likes to throw the cup around, the drink is likely to go everywhere, but on the plus side at least you can close the spout so it's good for taking out and about - no leaks. My only gripe with this cup is that the lid is extremely tough to remove (and no, I'm not a complete snowflake) - even my hubby agrees. They could easily improve on this design fault by making it a screw-fit lid. All in all pretty pleased with this and good value for money in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2