Profile for C. Robertson > Reviews

Content by C. Robertson

C. Robertson "CR" (COLCHESTER, ESSEX United Kingdom)

Made In Japan
Made In Japan
Offered by megamoviestore

2.0 out of 5 stars Disastrous sound!!, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Made In Japan (Audio CD)
I was really looking forward to this but the sound on both the cd and dvd make it sound as if it was produced by the drummer's proud mum! I have played the cd on my hi-fi systems at home and in the car, and the dvd on a soundbar system. Each time I feel as if I have been bludgeoned! The drums and bass totally dominate, turning the bass level down still doesn't really improve things.

So - great songs but I won't be playing or watching, either very often! I'm really disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 7:37 PM BST

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Remembering the Free Birds of Southern Rock
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Remembering the Free Birds of Southern Rock
by Gene Odom

5.0 out of 5 stars We will never know how great they could have been, 23 Oct. 2003
(...)
Odum's book tells the story of a group of friends driven by the determination of one of them to become better than the Stones, something they achieved in my view. The fact that Odum was a friend makes the telling of their demise all the more poignant. The demands of success changed them as individuals but their friendship remained. After the air crash the survivors never really recovered, and the steady disintegration of Allen Collins was truly tragic. This is a moving book, particularly for anyone who loved the music and their live shows.
The band was close to true greatness with the addition of Steve Gaines. How close, we will never know.