ARRAY(0xa7210804)

Profile for E. Lixourioti > Reviews

Content by E. Lixourioti

E. Lixourioti (London, UK)

Authentic RDX Gel Weight lifting body building gloves Gym Fitness straps leather
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 10.43 - 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, 12 Sep 2013
I gave these to my weight lifting gym buddy and he's been very happy with them.
The fit is very good, they feel comfortable and help his grip on the barbell and dumbbells while protecting the skin.
Material quality seems to hold well so far.

Authentic RDX Ladies Gel Gloves Fitness Women Gym Wear Exercise Workout Training
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 10.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, 27 Aug 2013
I use gloves for weight lifting as barbells can hurt my palms especially on the bench press. I've been using these gloves for a few weeks now and so far they've been great. I chose them over the usual martial-arts/muay-thai gloves you would find in the big sports stores as those tend to be bulky on the outside to protect from impact instead of providing support on the inside for grip, which is what I needed.

The size (medium) fitted me really well, it feels like there's still some room for slightly bigger hands but I think it's good that they're not too tight. The grip I get is very good and the padding on the inside of the palm has really made a difference. The materials used allow my skin to breath quite well too.

While I usually care more about practicality than appearance I should also mention that these gloves look very cool as well.

AV Composite Cable for Nintendo 64, Black
AV Composite Cable for Nintendo 64, Black
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Revive your nintendo 64, 1 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I used this cable to connect the console to the pc using an additional composite-to-usb converter.
Worked like charm and we are now having lots of fun playing all of our old nintendo games :)

Ecozone Biobulb, Energy-Saving Daylight Bulb, Screw Cap E27, 25W Equivalent to 100w, 1750 Lumens, Full Spectrum, Daylight White 6500k, Uses 75% Less Energy. Ideal for suffers of S.A.D
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing for dark winter mornings, 19 Jan 2011
Got this bulb after doing some searching for daylight lighting.

The difference in price compared to more specific solutions (like automatic alarm clocks that are supposed to provide more features than a plain lamp) was spectacular, so I thought I'd give it a go and move to something more expensive in case it didn't work.
I couldn't believe the difference this bulb actually made to my morning routine. First of all, as with most eco-bulbs, it doesn't reach full brightness when you first turn it on, which means that it's a lot easier for your eyes to get used to the light when you wake up. The light being white rather than the usual yellowish helps an awful lot with that too.
Most importantly, since I started using it, I have seen a good improvement of my mood and energy as well as my eyes' light sensitivity.

Would definitely recommend this bulb to anyone who has trouble getting up in the morning or is suffering from seasonal depression, as well as anyone who needs good quality lighting while working with computers or has to generally stare at a screen for long periods of time.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 29.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome, 24 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is one of the best games you can play with your friends and in parties.
All of the multiplayer options are excellent, with everyone having great fun regardless of their skill level, even if it's their first time playing the game but that does not mean it can't also be quite competitive once you start learning your favourite characters' moves.

Single player modes are good as well, and in harder difficulties they can prove quite challenging. The adventure mode is long enough to keep you playing for many hours; however - and that is the only thing I can complain about - the stage design is not always perfect in many parts of the game, resulting in you oftenly falling into gaps or being tossed off the screen by accident. This makes sense considering that this is not really meant to be a platform game but a little more attention from the level designers could have spared us the frustration.

Trust Wireless Optical Deskset DS-3400D UK
Trust Wireless Optical Deskset DS-3400D UK

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 3 Nov 2009
When I first got the set it generally seemed to work ok.
It took some time for me to get used to they keys sensitivity, though I suppose that's a pretty subjective thing.

The first problem I encountered was its energy consumption. Though I never had to change the mouse's battery, the keyboard seemed to consume more than one set of batteries a month. Sometimes I would just reverse the order of the batteries and it would work for an extra couple of days.
When I moved to a new 64bit computer system the keyboard AND the mouse would sometimes completely stop responding for 15-60 seconds and other times the cursor would stop moving smoothly and instead jump to the direction it was pointed to. I didn't encounter the same problems when I tried other keyboards and mice on the same computer. This probably has to do with drivers compatibility.

I currently only use the mouse on one of my laptops, and it works fine.
However next time I buy wireless equipment I will seek quality over price.

Nokia N810 Internet Tablet - Silver
Nokia N810 Internet Tablet - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars If it matches your needs.., 16 April 2009
On its strong points:
The wifi and bluetooth capabilities. It is excellent for browsing the internet, listening to music (there is a fair number of downloadable media players in addition to the preinstalled one) and taking some of your favourite data and applications with you wherever you go, or even playing games.
Most programs provide full-screen modes, allowing you to take advantage of the great screen of the device. The sliding keyboard is very comfortable, and most people can write really fast after they get a bit used to it. I personally prefer it from the on-screen keyboards I have encountered to many other devices, including the previous versions, n700 and n800 or iPhone.
The operating system (Maemo Linux) and wide range of installed and downloadable applications should make it really appealing to the "geek" user, as the abilities for experimentation are endless and there are many "hacks" and tricks you can find online to take advantage of its capabilities.

On the bad points:
Bad, really bad documentation from Nokia. Even though I'm not one myself, the novice computer user might find it difficult to learn how to use the device.
Low memory is an issue (both ram and internal storage), if you intend to pack your device with every application you can find. However the speed of the device remains good if you can sacrifice around 128mb from your internal sd card to serve as "virtual memory" and try to clean up your applications every once in a while.
What actually bugged me most, is that there is no official list from nokia with compatible phones to use with the device (you can use a mobile phone as a bluetooth modem or even to make phone calls and send sms through it), especially if someone does not intend to pay another 200 pounds to get a mobile. Most of them will work, but there are many people who wouldn't take the chance to buy a phone before they are sure it works