Profile for andre > Reviews

andre

Hallelujah I Love Her So
Hallelujah I Love Her So

5.0 out of 5 stars just great music, 11 Jun. 2005
for everyone who loves music and happened to visit this page on amazon: get this album. there's not much to say, you'll have to listen for yourselves...ray is really an amazing musician.
love to him

Paul's Boutique
Paul's Boutique
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars visit paul's boutique, it's definitely worth it!, 2 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Paul's Boutique (Audio CD)
I gotta thank Graham Coxon if I started listening to the Beasties, less than a year ago....I can't believe what I was missing!

White Light / White Heat
White Light / White Heat

5.0 out of 5 stars oooohhhhh she shouldn't do speed...., 2 Oct. 2004
side A: it starts with a great rock'n'roll song, then it slowly fades out with the 3 remaining songs
side B: it starts with pure Lou's delirium, it ends with the whole band pure delirium
You must be thinkin' "so what's so good about it?"
I say listen to it (if you like the Velvet Underground of course, if you don't like'em i guess it'd be useless)

Is This It?
Is This It?
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars These guys have that something!, 1 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Is This It? (Audio CD)
The Strokes are really good, I don't remember a debut album with such a fresh sound since Oasis debut in 1994. This is not a great album in itself to me, but it is full of really great tunes, especially "Last Nite", "Someday", "The Modern Age", "New York City Cops" and "Hard to Explain".
And "Is this it" is really nice to begin the record with.
I don't particularly like the other songs and I don't like those on their 2nd album, but these guys are so young that they have a lot of time to do other great songs and hopefully good albums. Anyway my feeling, after listening to their 2nd LP, is that they're gonna have to develop their sound in a different direction, cos I think that in that kind of sound they've already reached perfection, at their very first attempt, with "Last Nite" and the other songs I talked about.

The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Really really really weird.........., 28 Sept. 2004
This review is from: The Great Escape (Audio CD)
This has got to be one of the strangest albums ever made...it's insane. I do not like it, in fact I sold mine, but blur fans might wanna give it a try. I love blur too much so I gave it 3 stars, it probably doesn't deserve 3 stars, but in its genre (that I really dunno which would be.....very weird pop music maybe...) it may be considered the best.
I dunno what Damon was thinkin' in that period...
Anyway in my opinion blur made 2 great albums, "Blur" and "13" and a very good one, "Modern life is Rubbish", and the live performance in "Bustin' + Dronin'" is amazing, really powerful!
They are one of the best bands of the 90s, that's for sure. (and if Graham would just come back it'd be all right...)

Zooropa
Zooropa
Offered by 247dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 6 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Zooropa (Audio CD)
I really like U2 and there are 2 of their albums that I really love: the joshua tree and zooropa. I did this review because I know that many people don't rate zooropa very high. I really like it, especially the sound and I think it's a very homogeneous album. I especially like to listen to it at night.
Get it and enjoy it!