Profile for C. S. Kay > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
LG LSM-100 5 Button Scanner Mouse with Scroll Wheel and Scan Button
LG LSM-100 5 Button Scanner Mouse with Scroll Wheel and Scan Button
Offered by Mega Deals UK

4.0 out of 5 stars ... couple of flatbed scanners but these are not much good for scanning books without breaking their spines but this ..., 9 Feb. 2015
I have a couple of flatbed scanners but these are not much good for scanning books without breaking their spines but this scanner mouse works a treat.

To be honest I think it’s the software that does most of the work but together they work fine, well with Windows 7 it does but I’ve not got around to using it with my W8.1 yet. I’ve had no problems with slow rendering as some have and this is on a run of the mill standard medium spec laptop using the standard built in on a chip graphic card.

The lack of a star above is for the accessories that come with the mouse and by this I mean that tiny bit flexible mat (and the USB cable, more on that at the bottom) that I assume is for scanning receipts and tickets and the likes however this is not a lot of good for scanning books as they have a tendency to flip close because of their spines and what I would have liked was a piece of clear Perspex about the same size as that ticket thing and this would have made a very good scanner mouse into a fantastic mouse.

As for using as a mouse, forget it and personally I can’t imagine anyone buy this as a mouse as that cable is a pain in the butt and if you let go of the mouse while scanning it tends to start moving across the page by itself so maybe a more flexible cable would make this a better scanner mouse too.

Yamaha NP11 Piaggero Portable Digital Piano - Black
Yamaha NP11 Piaggero Portable Digital Piano - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I do love this keyboard and after playing a non touch board ..., 9 Feb. 2015
I do love this keyboard and after playing a non touch board the past 6 years it’s a revelation.

It sounds so musical up to my other Yamaha keyboard and with it being about £70 more expensive it’s been money well spent for me and now I can play quite and loud all at the same time in fact, just like a piano.

It’s a little on the quite side unless you bash the keys so a lot of user may find a little practice amp would go well with this keyboard and that’s just what I’ve done.

You could of course go for the next model up that’s has a more powerful built in amp but this was a no no for me because apart from the NP-31 having a more powerful amp it is also a full width keyboard and I have not got the room for that and that begs the question why don’t Yamaha put the more powerful amp in this model as the extra cost I would think would only be a few pounds.

This keyboard is not going to suit the likes of Daniel Barenboim but for someone like me who plays as a hobbyist for me and family its brilliant.

Rat bait station (plastic)
Rat bait station (plastic)

3.0 out of 5 stars Having baited the station the rats did seem to enjoy their poison so these rat stations do work but ..., 9 Feb. 2015
I prefer the metal ones but this type was nowhere to be seen when I order two of these.

My wife put the rat station out in the garen because I'm disabled and can't get out there this time of year. Having baited the station the rats did seem to enjoy their poison so these rat stations do work but they could do with a little bit more thought into there design?

First dislike was the way the rat entrances are designed and I don't know why this type does not work well while the metal ones are able to work outside in the garden without letting the rain get inside the box for when we came to re-fill the bait box the thing was full of water. I know rats don't mind the wet but it seems like they don't like their poison getting wet.

The second dislike in this design is how the box is locked and here just a little instruction with the traps would have been helpful but nothing came with it except a key and your guess is as good as mine into what position the key has to be turned to to be in the unlock mode and in the end we just had to turn the key a little bit at a time then try to force the box open to almost breaking point then when it would not open turn a bit more and so on to you hit the right combination. There is a arrow on the base of the key that I assume is supposed to line up with something on the box but I can't see anything on the box for it to line up with so perhaps this is why there is no instruction on how to unlock the boxes as they have dropped a clanger.

Overall the box does do it's job and they are cheap so you have to keep that in mind.

Stagg MXS-A1 Adjustable Mixer/Keyboard Stand
Stagg MXS-A1 Adjustable Mixer/Keyboard Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and strong stand and is much better that my ..., 9 Feb. 2015
Very good and strong stand and is much better that my old X stand as my knees no longer knock against the stand and I can sit with my legs right under the stand.

Cisco SPA112 - CSB 2 PORT PHONE ADAPTER - IN
Cisco SPA112 - CSB 2 PORT PHONE ADAPTER - IN
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars As always thought its best to give it a rest for awhile and come ..., 29 Nov. 2014
I’ve been using the SPA112 for a month now with no problems.

I set mine up using the instruction on the Sipgate site for this adaptor and for my first mainline worked straight away but I did have a bit of trouble setting up the second line but that was me as having set up my main number and getting it going faultlessly I was a bit worried I’d upset these settings while setting up the second phone number.
As always thought its best to give it a rest for awhile and come back and have another go and second attempt I had both numbers working faultlessly.

In use once set up the unit does its job 24/7 without any hiccups and nobody even knows I’m ringing from a sip phone nor do they when they ring me and the analogue phones connected to the 112 sound exactly the same as they did when they were connected to a BT/TalkTalk line.

Volkswagen VW Golf Mk7 2013-Present Tailored Black Car Mats
Volkswagen VW Golf Mk7 2013-Present Tailored Black Car Mats
Offered by E2 TRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars ... from reading other reviews here I’m hoping they fit like a glove as I don’t get my new Mk7 ..., 14 Oct. 2014
These mats are well made and look the part and from reading other reviews here I’m hoping they fit like a glove as I don’t get my new Mk7 until November so cannot comment on how well they fit but I can’t see there being any problems. If there is I will report back after Nov 11 so if it’s gone past that date, they fit like a glove.

BT 6500 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking
BT 6500 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking

5.0 out of 5 stars by TrueCall and I’m sure this may well be a better model for dealing with scammer but the BT6500 has ..., 14 Oct. 2014
As a DECT phone it’s been flawless but to be honest I have not had to use it to block PPI calls yet because of persistent scammers I gave up my landline in July and now have fibre broadband only and use this phone with a SIP adaptor and a Sipgate account.

After years of 15+ calls a week from scammers I’ve not had one since July but this is more to do with having a new number than the phone but having looked at how this phone works I don’t think I will have any trouble with the scammers in future.

I’ve noticed only after buying this model that there is also a model in the range that is powered, as they say, by TrueCall and I’m sure this may well be a better model for dealing with scammer but the BT6500 has an ace up its sleeve with the “Do Not Disturb” feature.

The do not disturb feature works by you first marking all your friends and relatives’ phone numbers as favourites on the phone then you select the do not disturb mode and only the numbers marked as favourites can get through and all other calls go straight to the answering machine. If like me you have a couple of relatives who like to withhold their numbers they will go the AM as well but you can if need be monitor these calls and intercept and start talking to these callers or you can just press the hang up button and the caller just hears a robot say “Thank you for calling” though of course you would not do this if it’s a friend or relative.

So like I said I have not used this phone in anger yet but I’m sure it will do its job well the day that my number finds its way onto a scammers list.

KEEDOX® DVB-T USB TV RTL-SDR FM+DAB Radio Tuner Receiver Stick Realtek RTL2832U+R820T
Offered by Donner-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I like many here have bought this device for connection too ..., 14 Oct. 2014
I like many here have bought this device for connection too and using with FlightRadar24 and it has been great at doing this. This gives a free subscription to FR24 all for less than £10, can't be bad.

Got no idea what it is like for its intended use with DVB TV or even if this stick works on UK TV but as a cheap way of getting into aircraft tracking its brilliant. I've only used the antenna that came with it and I'm picking up planes a hundred miles away but upgrading the antenna would boost the results.

If your someone like me who just likes to dabble in things this a good entry into the world of digital radio decoding without any layout other than ten pounds. Software and how to use it is avaible online and Google is your friend here.

E-PRANCE® New FHD 1080P 30FPS G1W Black Car DashBoard Video Camera With Novatek NT96650 + 2.7 Inch Screen + 140 Degree Wide Angle Lens + Night Vision + G-sensor + H.264
Offered by EPRANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars G1W, 10 July 2014
I’ve given this camera 5 stars because it really is good value for money with its HD picture quality video.

I say I’ve given it 5 stars as if there was some doubt and that’s because I’ve had a problem running the camera in auto mode while in the car and for some reason unknown if I leave the camera connected to the AC socket via a double USB adaptor the camera, when I restart the car’s engine asks me if I want to use the camera as a PC camera or as Memory drive instead of just going back into record mode? The only way I’ve found to get around this problem is to disconnect the camera; trouble is I sometime forget to reconnect it.

So why the 5 stars, well when used with a single USB car accessories adaptor the camera works just as it should in auto mode so can’t fault it here as I can’t pin in down to the camera or the USB double adaptors and for me I need to use a double socket because I have the Tom-tom connected to the other USB port.

Apart from that it’s not a bad punt for thirty quid.

QUMOX @ SJ4000 Black Action Sport Cam Camera Waterproof Full HD 1080p 720p Video Photo bike helmetcam water sport
Offered by Sunwood-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars SJ4000, 26 May 2014
I’ve bought in car cameras before and they have been lacking in every way but I can highly recommend the SJ4000 as it work very well and picture quality is really HD and not like a lot of others who claim to be so.

If anyone wants’ the in’s and out’s of these type of action cameras I recommend doing a Google for ‘Techmoan’ where you will find a good honest review of this and many other worthy cameras.

I’m using this camera, not as an action camera but as a in car camera so I have not used the waterproof accessories that come with the 4000 but there are many different mounting arrangements for this camera in the pack I’m sure they will suit most users.
Some say that the lens on this camera has too wide a field of view but for me it’s perfect for catching everything that can be seen out of the widescreen and even though the wide angle produces a slight fish eye view the video is pin sharp right to the edges and just as demo I can read the reg of cars parked on driveways that are almost right angle to the road I’m driving on although of course this is not my purpose for the camera as my main protection for this is recording activity in front of my car.

For use in the car the camera has auto start and stop so when I start the engine of the car the camera start recording and I have it set to record in 10 minute over lapping video files so when the key is removed from the ignition the camera will go on recording for up to 10 minute or whatever is left of its 10 minute cycle. The 10 minutes is adjustable downward to make shorter bites but the video on say a one hour journey are all seamlessly joined together and the ideal of breaking up the video recording length into shorter pieces is, I assume, to make the file sizes more manageable should you need to send a file to your insurance company. I use 32GB miniSD card with mine that can hold about 4 hours at top quality recording and with the camera in car mode when the card is full it just rewrites over the card from the beginning again so once setup you can just leave it until one day when you may require video evidence of an occurrence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 4:24 PM BST