Profile for Ms. TJ Norwood > Reviews

Content by Ms. TJ Norwood

Ms. TJ Norwood (Colchester, Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Optoma ML750e WXGA Ultra-portable lightweight LED Home Cinema Projector
Optoma ML750e WXGA Ultra-portable lightweight LED Home Cinema Projector

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Optics - bad firmware, 15 Nov. 2015
What a beautifully sharp display! The picture quality on this is gorgeous. I wish I could say the firmware was as good. I am a bit disappointed that images have to be resized to 2000ppx as I am a wedding photographer and generally deliver images at 5000ppx. Yes it is just a quick batch to change them but I prefer not to hassle with extra steps. I found it a bit more than dodgy with playing powerpoints and diabolical with mpeg4 videos which it would just randomly decide not to play (renaming the files to an un-openable name) - I tried consulting the manual (which can only be retrieved online) and it appears I am doing nothing wrong - it is just fiddly. Re-saving the files with a different name usually fixes it which is mind boggling. Also the ability to change the source is supposed to work on the actual projector but we have never gotten it to work that way and have always had to use the remote. With the remote being so tiny it is a bit nerve wracking that we will lose it and then not be able to switch input sources. So overall the optics are awesome but the firmware sucks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2016 10:44 PM GMT

Pergear Portable Handheld 298 LED 3200-5600K Video Studio LED beads Magic Tube Light Lighting Wand Rod for Photography
Offered by Emgreat (Shipping time 7-15 days)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alterntative tot he ice light., 15 Nov. 2015
Absolutely fantastic alternative to the ice light. Very powerful and extremely versatile. What did I do before I had this?

Shopping trolley folding black 35 kg
Shopping trolley folding black 35 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Good trolley, 15 Nov. 2015
Not quite a sturdy as a similar one we bought at Staples 4 years ago (and lasted until now through heavy use) - but overall good value for price.

Medium Tabletop Screen LCD Portable 60x45 cm Format 4:3
Medium Tabletop Screen LCD Portable 60x45 cm Format 4:3

3.0 out of 5 stars OK....., 15 Nov. 2015
Overall pleased with item but I am worried a bit about longevity as it already seems to have issues with winding the screen fabric back up when it closes. My biggest concern was that when I opened it there was some king of grease/oil all over the black casing. We cleaned it off straight away but have found it again and I am a bit worried something is leaking and that it will eventually get onto the screen and ruin it. I will be contacting the seller for their feedback about this grease and whether it needs to be returned.

How To Be a Victorian
How To Be a Victorian
by Ruth Goodman

5.0 out of 5 stars Please make more!, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: How To Be a Victorian (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Ruth Goodman from her appearances on several farm series on BBC so I was so excited when I saw this book that I bought it straight away. The book is just as charming, knowledgable, friendly and detailed as you would expect from Ruth Goodman. The book takes you through every single detail in the day of a Victorian (giving details even between practices at the beginning, middle and end of the period) and lays them out in chronological order. I have walked away from reading it feeling like I have a bird's eye view on real, living history. My only complaint is that I want another. Maybe next we can find out about wartime life? Hint...hint....

The Wedding Photographer's Planner
The Wedding Photographer's Planner
by Kenny Kim

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pictures - Fairly Basic, 24 Dec. 2010
This book has a lovely breakdown of the day's activities along with sample shots which are beautiful. The book didn't 'wow' me in any way, but is a solid addition to my bookshelf.

The British Citizenship Test For Dummies®, 2nd Edition
The British Citizenship Test For Dummies®, 2nd Edition
by Julian Knight

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of date...., 19 Aug. 2010
In general, I like the "For Dummies" study guides as they are well laid out and generally good reference books - despite the lame titles. Although this book is listed as a "2nd edition" - it is not accurate for 2010. It was entirely my mistake as there was an option to look in the book and it clearly states a copyright date of 2007. I would just like to warn potential purchasers that the information in the book is out of date.Particularly the information about immigration rules. I bought the book to study for the KOL test so it may still be of some minor help, but I have concerns about statistics etc. in this book not matching up to those in another (more up to date) respectable study guide. It is a shame because I think if it were brought current this could be a good little book.

The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children (Write for kids library)
The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children (Write for kids library)
by Nancy Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar!, 10 Dec. 2009
Packed full of high quality advice, tips and suggestions!

This book is well organised, well thought out and creatively compiled. It answered a lot of questions that I had about the craft as well as the publishing aspects.

A thoroughly enjoyable read and has already collected a lot of underlined passages and notes in the margins!

1940's Style Monacle On Cord
1940's Style Monacle On Cord
Offered by Special Days & Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it., 10 Dec. 2009
This review is from: 1940's Style Monacle On Cord (Toy)
Perhaps not the most durable of items and the chain is a little on the flimsy side, but for the price and the novelty value of it (which is why I purchased it) - it does the job with flair!

DELUXE SAFARI JUNGLE HAT HARD PITH HELMET FANCY DRESS
DELUXE SAFARI JUNGLE HAT HARD PITH HELMET FANCY DRESS
Offered by Shootingduck_Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 Dec. 2009
I bought this gift as a present for my husband who loves wearing silly hats and just a few days on and it has become a permanent fixture in his collection. It is durable, well made and appears very authentic. For a "prop" hat, it is top notch!

Page: 1 | 2