Profile for Chris > Reviews

Primrose Stainless Steel Border Fork with Wooden Handle
Offered by Primrose
Price: 29.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Same experience as Scott, 16 May 2014
Bought this as part of a set. As per Scott first time I used it it snapped. I hoped to complete my dig that evening and then broke a second prong.

Cheap tat.

Lezyne Super Drive Xl Front Light With Accessories
Lezyne Super Drive Xl Front Light With Accessories
Price: 88.99 - 126.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control, 15 April 2014
Please, before anyone purchases this light read reviews online. You will note that there are a large number of comments reference poor quality charging interface.

I too have suffered this with the light failing a few weeks into riding. I contacted the distributer (in my instance wiggle) who knew the fault before I even told them! There is a large batch of these lights with the charging socket incorrectly operating. It is likly that these lights will fail and Wiggle confirm to me that they have had a large number of these back.

I contacted Lezyne however whilst they gave me some polite feedback they did not offer me any support or offer any discount of a replacement product. The light has poor reviews on Bike Radar (poor beam quality) and on line review sites.

I would not use Lezyne again as the products have poor quality control and they will not support or stand by their product if it goes wrong!

NORGE II Walnut Wooden Stackable / Stacking Shoe Rack
NORGE II Walnut Wooden Stackable / Stacking Shoe Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, 6 Feb 2014
I bought 2 of these and have been very satisfied with both of them. They stack on top of each other also. Good quality for the money and mine have lasted a long time.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
Price: 11.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 6 Feb 2014
I found this quite expensive for what it was. I have had the really cheap versions of these and this is not really an different.

Satisfactory.

Dreamscene Kensington Duvet Cover Set, Olive, Double
Dreamscene Kensington Duvet Cover Set, Olive, Double

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a bargain, 6 Feb 2014
I bought this expecting very little from it for the reasonable price it cost. I have had it about 2 years and it is still looking very good. I like it.

Autoglym Hi-Tech Microfibre Drying Towel
Autoglym Hi-Tech Microfibre Drying Towel
Price: 9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product with some limitations, 6 Feb 2014
I like this product and would not have any reservations buying it again. It is much better than a chamois for removing the initial heavy water on the vehicle. The only shortcoming is that itis a little limited at removing final light water and takes more work.

It does not dry as easy as a chamois so I find I have to leave it out to dry before putting it away.

Its a good product that I would buy if it was most convinient however its only really on a par with a chamois.

Hozelock 2-in-1 Compact Enclosed Hose Reel with 25 m Hose and Connectors
Hozelock 2-in-1 Compact Enclosed Hose Reel with 25 m Hose and Connectors
Price: 38.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 6 Feb 2014
At this price its pretty chearful but make no mistake it is cheap and cheafull. It takes a short while to assembe. Its not the end of the word but dont expect to plug it onto the tap and go, its got many pieces to it and the instructions are not great.

In use the chassis is moulded and pressed together so there is a big seam which prevents the mechanism moving back and forth easily ( I have 2 and they both did it).

The hose is not a bad quality, certainy not the best but fair.

Given that this comes with all the components that it does and that the actual hose is not a bad quality it is not a bad purchase by any means but nothing especially good. Set yourself some time aside to set it up and you should get a reasonable life out of it.

Doubt I would buy it again...

Primrose Tool Set - Stainless Steel Digging Spade and Digging Fork with Wooden Handles
Offered by Primrose
Price: 59.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful quality, 2 Feb 2014
Not sure how this has previously achieved a 5 star rating. They feel nice in the hand with an ash handle and stainless prongs. Turning over clay soil the first time I used it I snapped a prong and another one fractured.

The prongs on the fork are not solid, they are very think at about 2mm and they have minimal reinforcement. Right at the top of the prong you only have a half inch deep rigid fixing so all that leverage goes onto a poor quality thin piece of metal. The heads are attached to the shaft with 2 rivets.

I am not too impressed as forks but I can confirm that for the cost they are simply too poor quality.

I wont be purchasing any more of these in the future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 8:28 PM GMT

KING SIZE DUVET COVER BED SET - TEAL & WHITE PRINTED DESIGN
KING SIZE DUVET COVER BED SET - TEAL & WHITE PRINTED DESIGN

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price., 9 Jan 2014
Bought these a few months ago and they are still standing up well to daily life. Didn't buy them expecting them to last long at the price I paid so seem to be a bit of a bargain in all honesty

Oregon Chainsaw Gloves Yellow XL Size 11
Oregon Chainsaw Gloves Yellow XL Size 11
Offered by yategm
Price: 11.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects BOTH left and right hands and seems very well priced, 9 Jan 2014
These gloves, unlike many others actually protect both hands. Not sure how important that is however given that they are very low cost I cant see any reason to order anything else. They have stood up well to a day hauling wood about.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4