Profile for T. J. Aidley > Reviews

Content by T. J. Aidley

T. J. Aidley

Victsing® Latest USB Cable USB Charge Charging Cable Charger for Pebble Smart Watch
Offered by VICTECH

1.0 out of 5 stars Only just works, 11 July 2015
The magnetic head doesn't stick well to the watch and it's very hit or miss whether it will impart any charge to it at all.

Armband for Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 6 (4.7") and more by Tune Belt
Armband for Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 6 (4.7") and more by Tune Belt
Offered by DiscountDiscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with the Nexus 5, 25 Mar. 2014
I have a Nexus 5 which I use with this. It fits inside well with or without my case ( Which is an ultra-slim Spigen case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SPIGEN-Google-Nexus-Smooth-Premium/dp/B00EV8Y5MQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8 ). I normally run with the case on, although it does make it difficult to press the buttons, when compared with no case.

I found it easy to get it to fit on my arm and stay there without it being too tight. I have fairly slim arms.

It's fairly easy to operate the phone through the clear plastic front, although I did find it was difficult to see the screen through the reflections, as the plastic is very reflective. It's possible the case is slightly obscuring the light sensor the phone uses to automatically choose brightness, so I might try manually adjusting the brightness next time.

I've not run with it in heavy rain yet, but in light rain my phone was kept dry.

All in all, I'm please with my purchase and would be happy to recommend it.

The BFG
The BFG

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book; Kindle Edition could be better., 10 May 2011
This review is from: The BFG (Kindle Edition)
I'll leave comments on Dahl's fantastic story to others, but I will comment on the Kindle edition.

The good: The pictures are well presented and clear.

The bad: There are quite a lot of errors in the text. Pretty much every chapter has a word or two that has been incorrectly entered. It's not enough to spoil one's enjoyment of the book but it is annoying that having paid at least much as a paper version would cost you end up with a sloppily prepared copy.

Also, the chapters are not marked ( there is no table of contents ), and there is no cover picture.

Just So Stories (Puffin Classics)
Just So Stories (Puffin Classics)
by Rudyard Kipling

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but let down by the illustrations., 2 July 2009
Hear and attend and listen, O Best Beloved, and I shall proceed to relate the review...

I'm not actually going to comment on the stories themselves - I'm going to assume that like me you've always adored the amazing tales and beautiful language in the Just So Stories and just comment on this particular edition of the book.

All the text is there as you would expect, including the little songs and commentary on the illustrations. Sadly however the illustrations themselves have not been well reproduced and are much too dark, resulting in much of the detail being lost. For instance, the picture of the Whale swallowing the shipwrecked mariner is just a huge black blob with the mariner barely visible at all. You certainly can't see his jackknife, suspenders or blue canvas breeches. Have a look on the 'look inside' feature to see what I mean.

I hate to give any edition of the Just So Stories a mere smear three stars, but I don't feel that this edition has been given the care it deserves. Buy a different edition.

The introduction by Jonathan Stroud is good, though; he really captures what makes the Just So Stories Just So Good.

(Have you forgotten the suspenders?)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2011 9:34 PM GMT