Profile for Jerry B > Reviews

Content by Jerry B

Jerry B "MADMUTT" (Detroit MI)

Old School
Old School
Price: 20.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Audio Quality (New 2012 Stripped Down Box Set), 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Old School (Audio CD)
Let's start right out with the facts....I'm one of the biggest Alice Cooper fans on the planet! The first 45 RPM single I ever bought was 'Elected'. My first 33 RPM album was 'Easy Action'. Since then I've bought just about everything else Alice, both the band and as a solo artist, has ever released on vinyl, CD, VHS, DVD, etc. I hate to say it but this collection sounds like "crapola" overall. There are only a couple songs I would ever listen to more than once again because they sound so bad. I read the reviews and noted some saying this was for hardcore collectors only, but I disagree. Hardcore fans not only deserve but should expect better than this. Now that the price has come down for the reissue I took a chance mostly for the 1971 bootleg concert and even that is just OK at best. I am sure they've got better quality stuff in the vaults but probably couldn't get permission from Warner Brothers to release it. There are a couple of live songs (Muscle of Love in Rio 1974 and Under My Wheels in NYC 1973) that make be believe there probably are full tapes of these shows. Why not release them? Also, where is anything from Billion Dollar Babies? I'm sorry guys, I love the original Alice Cooper Group but this is more than a little bit of a let down.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2013 3:01 PM BST