Profile for Comical_Blues > Reviews

Content by Comical_Blues

Comical_Blues "Kent" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Remington Contour MB4030 Beard Trimmer (444411533)
Remington Contour MB4030 Beard Trimmer (444411533)
Offered by Golden Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mains/cordless beard trimmer, 6 Feb. 2016
I've used a basic babyliss beard trimmer for the last 2 years and it was great until the blades started to pull bristles. I decided to stick with the same make but a better specification, until I saw a series of poor reviews on Amazon. Due to my concerns I chose a well established brand and went for this make and model.

I'm very pleased with the Remington Contour MB4030 -- its contoured body is comfortable to use and the angled body keeps my elbow away from my body -- the babyliss' straight body shape caused my elbow to press into my torso when I shaved, which was slightly annoying.

The MB4030 comes with two beard attachments: a transparent trimmer guard --for a fuller beard, a black trimmer guard with adjustable dial settings -- for a very low cut to get a fine stubble look

Only negative is that it takes 16 -18 hours on the initial charge from the mains, or when it's fully discharged. It can also be left on permanent charge after using it as a cordless trimmer.

I highly recommend this trimmer: the feel, build quality and cut is excellent.

Viking Resurrection
Viking Resurrection

5.0 out of 5 stars Viking Resurrection - Vikings, sorcery, magic, epic battles -- all makes for an interesting read!, 31 Jan. 2016
Steve Dunn is a master storyteller; I would liken him to James Herbert.

Steve weaves a believable tale of sorcery entwined with Saxon history and Norse mythology -- where the Viking dead rise and sorcery tries to bring about Ragnarok (a Norse term for Armageddon or end of days).

The prologue starts with a battle, providing the background to a curse which follows 12 year old Amy's ancestral line.

Sorcery increases in power, the Viking dead and magical creatures show no mercy, leaving death and destruction in their wake as they lay waste to cities and countries -- all culminating in an unpredictable and clever explosive conclusion.

I would recommend this story to 12 - 15 years old and above. But for the younger ages, I wouldn’t recommend reading it at bedtime.

Gemondo Mother of Pearl Art Deco Ring, Sterling Silver 1.30ct MOP & Marcasite Cocktail Style Ring
Offered by Gemondo

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice ring!, 17 Nov. 2015
My wife is thrilled with the ring. And it looks stunning on. The colour is a paler pink than shown, more pastel. Really nice ring!

Ancol Acticat Fat Boy Scratch Post 70cm
Ancol Acticat Fat Boy Scratch Post 70cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Ancol Acticat Fat Boy Scratch Post 70cm - the base broke!, 17 Feb. 2015
Unfortunately, the base broke after several weeks. The base is made out of chipboard (I used to work in the building trade, in my opinion the chipboard is poor quality, not premium chipboard). It cracked in half, the main damage was around the middle where the bolt fixes to the top section.The idea is good one, the base is nice and wide, which stopped our cat from tipping it over (when compared with similar products). If the manufacturers improve the strength of the base it would be an amazing product -- and it would beat other designs on the market. What a shame!

Say What?: The Fiction Writer's Handy Guide to Grammar, Punctuation, and Word Usage
by C. S. Lakin

5.0 out of 5 stars C.S Lakin - Fiction writer's guide to grammar and writing well, 16 Feb. 2015
C S Lakin, crams a lot of useful tips into this book. Until I purchased this book on Kindle, I had never read any of her books. Her explanations are helpful, so helpful in fact, that I bought the same book as a paperback. My only disappointment is the size of the paperback and size of the print, it could do with being a little bigger. But I can always switch to my Kindle version at anytime. For any budding author this book is worth buying to use as a reference guide or to improve your writing skills and sentence structure.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Deus Ex - Human Revolution -- Really good game., 16 Feb. 2015
Really good game! Great storyline - 'The Purists' have rejected human cybernetic enhancements, they are out to destroy anyone and anything relating to human upgrades aswell as the science labs which design the enhancements. Various options e.g stealth play or all-out-attack, with a variety of weapons. The character needs to quickly hack his way through a building's security to gain access to rooms etc..security is hacking is noticed by the enemy and it becomes a race to complete the hack to stop the enemy finding your current location and blocking you. Avoid moving CCTV cameras. You can kill or knockout guards, gain clues from speaking to people. Thorough searches outside or inside buildings can reveal hidden objects. By successfully completing tasks, games levels/achievements unlock upgrades to improve your character's cybernetic enhancements and weapons. In this game you don't know who to trust or if information found or given is reliable. Expect to be double-crossed. It's great.

Learn Excel 2013 Essential Skills With The Smart Method
Learn Excel 2013 Essential Skills With The Smart Method
by Mike Smart

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to learn Excel 2013., 16 Feb. 2015
I'm really impressed with the book, very clear explanations and pictures. Mike Smart's website provides downloadable samples to assist learning. In my opinion this book is a good financial investment, especially if you need to learn Excel to change your job or gain more workplace skills. It's also good for keeping as a reference guide, for refreshing your Excel knowledge. ***This book doesn't come with a copy of Excel 2013, you'll need to buy or download a copy.***

Russell Hobbs RHM2362S Digital Microwave, 23 L - Silver
Russell Hobbs RHM2362S Digital Microwave, 23 L - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic microwave! - Russell Hobbs RHM2362S, 16 Feb. 2015
I bought this microwave in December 2014. The quality build is excellent, and easy to use. The instructions could be improved upon. It's best to read and play around with the settings -- to know how it works. That's how I've learnt to use it. In my opinion paying approx. £70 is a little high for a non-combi microwave, but it's definitely worth having. I've just ordered another one these for my mother-in-law, she loves using our microwave. Now that I have used it, if I had to buy it again, I would beg, borrow or save up to buy this microwave. Worth a 5 star rating.

Batman Men's Joker Crew Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Grey (Charcoal), Large
Batman Men's Joker Crew Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Grey (Charcoal), Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
Really good quality material and print. Highly recommended.

Nissan Almera (2000-2006) Black Tailored Car Mats
Nissan Almera (2000-2006) Black Tailored Car Mats
Offered by My Car Mats

5.0 out of 5 stars Nissan Almera car mats - Good quality!, 29 Jan. 2015
These were purchased for my father-in-law as a Christmas present. He loves them. If he wasn't happy with them, I'd hear about it. Good product and fit perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5