Profile for Reuben McKay > Reviews

Content by Reuben McKay

Reuben McKay

Easy Access & Water Resistant Camera Case with Rain Cover for Canon EOS 500D 550D 600D 650D,700D 1100D,1200D,70D,60D,50D,40D,7D,6D,5D,SX500,Nikon P520,D7100,D7000,D5200,D5100,D3100,D3200,D3300,FUJI FinePix S4500 S4800,HS30,HS50,OLYMPUS SP820,E30,E3,E5,Pentax K5,K30,K50,K500, Sony Alpha A58,A65,A77,A99 DSLR.
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 25 May 2013
Recently purchased a new Nikon D3200 and needed a decent carry case for it.

I originally purchased another carry case which was advertised as being 'for D3200' (amongst other cameras); however, it proved to be larger than I wanted. so I checked the dimensions of my camera and started searching through Amazon. I quickly locate this item and saw that it's dimensions were much closer to what I was looking for.

The item arrived within two days of purchase and I was instantly happy with it. The camera fits nice and snugly into the bag without it being too tight and the carry strap is very easily adjustable. The zips move smoothly and easily and it has handy pockets on the inside for spare memory cards and batteries. I'm sure the weather cover will come in handy should I ever be unexpectedly caught in wet weather.

My only question about the item is this: Why is the inside a bright yellow?

Footwear Water Proofer - size 250ml
Footwear Water Proofer - size 250ml
Offered by Lovell Rugby
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Product, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Footwear Water Proofer (Apparel)
The first thing I do with ANY brand new pair of shoes is to waterproof them as soon as the come out of the box; however, it is becoming extremely difficult to find a proofer that I can spray directly onto clean dry shoes -- I simply flat out refuse to get my brand new shoes wet just for the sake of some environmentally friendly, water-based proofer that you have to apply while the footwear wet/damp.

After trying what felt like thousands of websites and finding nothing but endless numbers of water-based proofers, I started to despair of ever finding what I was looking for. Then my two hours of trawling Amazon revealed this product. Was instantly pleased to see the words 'Article must be clean and dry before treatment' and bought a can immediately. Is was not disappointed when the item arrived and I saw the same words on the can.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone needs a proofer for dry shoes, and I will definitely buy it again. (I've already put in an order for another five cans.)

Oh, yeah, and as an aside: This stuff smells good!

Xylitol Chewing Gum 30g - Peppermint
Xylitol Chewing Gum 30g - Peppermint
Offered by EasiLivingCom
Price: 3.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 1 May 2013
I've been looking for an aspartame free gum for a while and found these while looking into Xylitol based gums. I bought a couple of packs to try.
The pieces are slightly smaller than the ones you can get in the supermarkets, but I actually like that. One piece is a handy size for a quick chew and two pieces will last for a few hours without breaking down or being too large a lump for my mouth.
I wasn't greatly enamoured with the taste though. I like a gum which a much fuller, longer-lasting flavour and this gum didn't live up to my hopes.
I also thought that it was a bit pricey.
I have subsequently found another site which stocks a greater range of flavours and at a very decent price (especially if I buy in bulk, which I DO need to do as I get through about a whole pack in one week) so I won't be buying this from Amazon again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 2:36 PM GMT

RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black
RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item, 1 May 2013
I needed a new pair of earphones (after the ones that came with the iPod Classic broke) and bought these after reading some excellent reviews. I am thoroughly pleased with this product.

The noise reduction is great -- noise pollution from background sounds is greatly reduced compared to my old earphones which means I can walk along the busy roads near the industrial estate I work on without having to put the volume on my iPod up REALLY LOUD to combat the sounds of the traffic.

I was initially concerned about the loss of the deeper bassy sounds that is so common to most earphones but the concern was laid to rest -- they give good sound quality without losing those deeper sounds (which is great, as I listen to a lot of bassy metal/dance type stuff).

The product comes with 7 pairs of the interchangeable rubber things that go in your ears. They were a little fiddly to change over, but it didn't take me long to figure out which pair worked best for me and I'm happy to say that the phones stay in my ears very well.

The inline control on the right ear line is really handy for control the volume and skipping tracks without having to dig my iPod out of my pocket every time which is a definite positive if I'm walking along in poor weather or wrapped really snugly against the cold.

Oh yeah -- and they come in black which is SUCH a BETTER colour than the bog standard white that came with my iPod.

After a couple of months use, I can happily say that I'd definitely recommend these!