Profile for J. Hopwood > Reviews

Content by J. Hopwood

J. Hopwood (Haslemere, Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Economy Bed Pan
Economy Bed Pan
Offered by Mobility Smart

5.0 out of 5 stars My new In-Car toilet - great for people with Cystitis or IBS on long journeys, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Economy Bed Pan (Personal Care)
I have actually bought this to use as an in-car toilet. I have also bought the Bed Pan disposable Bag and absorbant Liner pack. We do very long car journeys abroad and whilst there are plenty of service stations on our route we did get caught out once after there was an accident and they closed the road for 3 hours, trapping us on the Autobahn with no facilities nearby. I also suffer occasionally from IBS and it is nice to know I have an emergency back up should I ever get caught out. It would need to be a real emergency, but it is a comfort to know it is there which helps a lot with IBS anxiety. This bed pan slips neatly underneath you and is reasonably discrete even using it sitting on the passenger seat. You could put a blanket over you for modesty. I keep it in a pretty bag which hangs over the back of the headrest and I have set it up with a disposable Bag and Liner already to go. I also carry toilet paper and hygienic wipes as well. Once you have used it the Bag can be pulled up and sealed using the draw strings and can be disposed of in the normal waste just like a nappy.

Kyjen Interactive Slow Bowl Bloat Preventing Feeder Drop Design, Small, Teal
Kyjen Interactive Slow Bowl Bloat Preventing Feeder Drop Design, Small, Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for dogs who gobble their food., 3 April 2015
What a great invention this is. Bought it for my son's little dog who is a "gulper" when it comes to eating, which makes him get food stuck in his little throat. This bowl has slowed him down and he now eats without gobbling his food and no more problems.

Heavy Duty Snaps 15mm x 12 Sets Poppers Fasteners Press Studs BNIP Choose Type (Silver)
Offered by HaberCrafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Poptastic!, 3 April 2015
I bought these to put on a coat as I wanted to take off the nasty Velcro and use something better. These worked a treat and the kit that comes with them is easy to use. I now have a coat that has nice new poppers.

Making Marion
Making Marion

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Making Marion (Kindle Edition)
A very clever take on an age-old story - fantastic characters and a lovely, engaging storyline. I didnt want the book to end, which it did quite abruptly - I wanted more. Perhaps there will be a sequel?

The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Winter read to snuggle up with, 19 Jan. 2015
As a prospective Danish Mumma-in-law to be I am taking every opportunity to get a better understanding of the Danish lifestyle, psyche and the concept of hygge which my darling daughter-in-law to be has told me so much about. This book is a perfect mix of humour, personal experiences and facts about how the Danes balance work, family life and play - some of them quite quirky for us Brits, but most definitely not wrong. It certainly has helped me understand their traditions and how they tick, which is quite a lot like how Germans view life with some traditions being quite similar - like watching "Dinner for One" at New Year. I wish we could have more of them here in the UK, even if they are a bit weird. I devoured the book in a few days.
My only criticism was that it started off obviously explaining how Helen and her husband came to move to Denmark, and for the first few chapters I found myself laughing out loud at her hilarious descriptions of various events (the Legoland Hotel part had me crying with laughter). Then the book seemed to - yes, relate her personal story - but also many, many facts, statistics and figures which I was almost speed reading through towards the end of the book. Whilst I appreciate Helen did make contact with various people in Denmark to obtain their personal comments and views about hygge and happiness, I'm guessing quite a few facts were plucked from information and studies we could all access if we wanted to - these percentages and facts were "reeled off" and to a certain extend meant little to me. Her recounting of the quirkiness of the Danes was more engaging and entertaining than so many facts and figures. I wanted to hear more about these and the people she met and Helen's life as the year unfolded.
So, I did thoroughly enjoy the book and I am very hopeful that with the prospect of Helen and her husband spending another year in Denmark with their new baby that we can look forward to "Another Year of Living Danishly" very soon.

Fire DVD- Fireplace 85 Minutes of Long Wood Fires with Burning Wood Sounds
Fire DVD- Fireplace 85 Minutes of Long Wood Fires with Burning Wood Sounds
Dvd ~ Tony Helsloot
Offered by naturedvdcouk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not such hot stuff........., 29 Dec. 2014
The fires are too big on my screen and the tops of the flames aren't visible. I was expecting to see something more like an actual fireplace set back into my screen, like a recessed fire in a hearth. This just looks stupid with logs and coal totally out of proportion. I was really looking forward to receiving this but am very disappointed.

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy
The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 13 Dec. 2014
Rubbish

Mallon® Fashion Noble Elegant Double Sided Pearl Earrings Ear Studs White
Mallon® Fashion Noble Elegant Double Sided Pearl Earrings Ear Studs White
Offered by Malloom®

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but fun fashion item, 13 Dec. 2014
Took ages to arrive. Item OK as an unusual, fun bit of jewellery and it has received some comments. However the "pearl" effect coating scratched badly when I was putting earring in and attempting to find hole at the back. It is what it is - a cheap fun fashion item - what can you expect for the price?

Hubble Bubble (Choc Lit) (Yorkshire Romances Book 3)
Hubble Bubble (Choc Lit) (Yorkshire Romances Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Zzzzzzzzzz, 8 Dec. 2014
I'm only half way through and getting bored. Essentially an OK read but the characters are not real enough for me. I don't mind sex in a book but again it seems to be thrown in for a bit of spice. Probably going to dump the book.

Silicea Gastro Intestinal Direct Sachets - Pack of 30 Sachets
Silicea Gastro Intestinal Direct Sachets - Pack of 30 Sachets

5.0 out of 5 stars IBS-D so much better., 16 Nov. 2014
Within 24 hours of using this product my IBS-D symptoms settled to bareable. The pain and wind were practically gone and my need to go to the loo was down to once a day. BMs pretty much normal. I mix it with water and a bit of Ginger cordial to make it a bit more palatable.. It is a bit odd to drink but I don't care if it calms my IBS and stops the wind and pain. I can only speak from IBS-D experience, but this stuff is a revelation. Why aren't we being prescribed it?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6