Profile for Emmster > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 563

Emmster (Hampshire, England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
26" Premium Branded Mountain/MTB/Cycle/Bike Inner Tube 26" x 1.75 to 2.125 (Fits any 1.75, 1.85, 1.90, 1.95, 2.0, 2.10) Schrader/Car Type Valve - FREE P&P!!
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars All good..., 27 Sept. 2014
yup....it's an inner tube. It was the stated brand. it came with complimentary valve and dust cap. It stayed inflated after I pumped it up and it fits on my wheel (i.e. the sizing is correct).

Only 4 stars because "I like it", but don't "i love it". Can you truly love an inner tube? Should you?

Does the job and i'd recommend it to anyone with an appropriately sized wheel.

Victor Rat Trap
Victor Rat Trap

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 down, a few more to go..., 5 Sept. 2014
I've caught three rats in one of these since I bought it a month or so ago. It is really easy to set and I've never had it trigger as I was placing it.

It will probably break your fingers if you get them caught in it - such is the force with which it snaps. There are clear instructions on how to set it (on the pack and online) avoiding any chance of this happening - so make sure to read and follow them!

Mine is in a greenhouse (the little blighters steal my tomatoes) and - due to the moisture content in the air - is going a little rusty. However, it still works fine at the moment.

All over the internet there are pointers to bait types, trap placement and how to get the rodents to overcome their natural fear of unrecognised things appearing in their environment. I've had success by adhering to the following rules:

1. Some sort of fat for bait (I've used all of the following successfully: bread and butter, butter, peanut butter and salami)
2. Use gloves when handling the trap/bait (avoids getting your human smell on the them).
3. Place the trap next to a wall or something solid - rats seem to like running alongside something - avoid placing traps in wide open spaces.
4. Give the rats time (a few days) to get used to an unbaited and unset trap before arming/baiting it.

Some councils permit you to wrap the trap and rat in a couple of layers of plastic and then chuck the lot in the bin (you might need to check your local council rules to confirm) but the trap can be used again if you're brave enough to de-rat it! ;O)

I've had good success with it so - although it was quite expensive for one trap - i definitely feel i got my money's worth and would recommend it.

PLEMO Classic Multifunctional Backpack Carry Bag Case for Up to 15.6-Inch Laptop / Notebook Computer / MacBook, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item..., 16 Aug. 2014
I was given one of these backpacks to review.

There are two main spaces - the largest takes the laptop and still has loads of space - unstretched the space is about the size of a *large* (UK) cereal box. There's two pouches in the main space - one for a laptop and one for something like a 10 inch tablet. Both have velcro straps that prevent the devices falling out if the bag's on its side/upside down.

The laptop pouch did accept my 15.4 laptop, but it was snug. The pouch is about 10 inches wide which is a better way to check whether your machine will fit it than screen size - as the amount of plastic around the laptop screen can have an affect.

The second main space is much smaller (about A4 sized but only 1 - 1.5 inches deep) and has lots of little pouches for pens, a calculator and coins (a little zipped pouch).

The side pockets are webbed, with one having a zip and the other not - both will fit a small water bottle.

There's a small pouch on the bottom that contains a webbing net. You can pull it out and clip it to two small clips at the top of the pack. This is the "basket ball" pouch from the pictures and is a nice touch. The webbing really expands to a massive size.

Right on the top there's a rubberised slit in the lid that you can poke you headphones through and have your mp3 player in the bag but still be listening to it.

The mobile phone holder on the left front strap fits my Samsung Galaxy S4 and is handy - as is the sunglasses holder on the other strap.

There's a lot of padding where the backpack sits against your back and it is comfortable when carrying heavier loads. I've carried 4 pints of milk and other items in it without discomfort.

It seems to be well made - i've given it a weeks use and pulled it about on purpose. As an acid test I also let the kids play with it for a few days. It's still intact and I can't see any rips or easing of the seams.

I think, though it's quite pricey, it's a quality product that will last.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad...but definitely a budget model, 18 July 2014
Length:: 3:01 Mins

The kit was good - a camera, an enclosed, water-proof case, various bits and bobs to attach the camera to a helmet or bicycle handlebars. The camera is tiny - about the size of a box of raisins - and very light. Obviously the enclosed case bulks it out a little - but it's still super-light. The case seems to have optical quality plastic over the lense of the cover - meaning that the image quality isn't affected appreciably by the camera being in the case - a definite plus.

There's no micro sd card with the camera so you will need your own. The camera controls are very simple - really just on/off, start/stop and mode switchs. The mode switch cycles between camera stills, low def video and high def video.

I strapped this to my wife's bike and let her zoom around our village and into the forest with it set to the maximum possible quality. Initially (on the road) it's ok - there's the inevitable shaking - but it's not too bad (especially when you consider the price of the camera). However, when it gets to the gravel path on the forest (about a minute into the video) the wheels come off the wagon a bit due to the excessive vibration. I think it would have been better to strap it to her helmet as there may have been some natural damping of the vibrations.

Overal - and especially for the money - this is a good buy and I'd definitely recommend it as an entry level if you're looking to play about and see what's possible without spending big bucks.

My Secret Unicorn: Twilight Magic
My Secret Unicorn: Twilight Magic

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy, 13 July 2014
...the reason being, I haven't read it. It was bought for my 9 year old daughter - who will gladly read anything that contains a sniff of something horsey.

Now, she says it was "a good book and she enjoyed it". When I tried to draw her on the characters, the plot and description...she said it was "a good book and she enjoyed it - and what did I mean by those other things".

So...i'm going to give this an I-like-it four stars on the basis that a) she read it from cover to cover and b) it kept her quiet for approximately 4 hours. I'm of the opinion that any reading at her age is good and she's going through all of these with gusto.

On the face of it - me telling you it's a good book based on her feedback is just as subjective as me telling you it's a good book based on my feedback....so you're always going to be taking a bit of a risk!

Flame and the Rebel Riders (Pony Club Secrets, Book 9)
Flame and the Rebel Riders (Pony Club Secrets, Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014

Angel and the Flying Stallions (Pony Club Secrets, Book 10)
Angel and the Flying Stallions (Pony Club Secrets, Book 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014

Fortune and the Golden Trophy (Pony Club Secrets, Book 7)
Fortune and the Golden Trophy (Pony Club Secrets, Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014

Comet and the Champion's Cup (Pony Club Secrets, Book 5)
Comet and the Champion's Cup (Pony Club Secrets, Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014

Victory and the All-Stars Academy (Pony Club Secrets, Book 8)
Victory and the All-Stars Academy (Pony Club Secrets, Book 8)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20