Profile for Emmster > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 337

Emmster (Hampshire, England)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (QY7, black/green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 29 Jan. 2015
I was given a set of these to review.

Sound quality: I found the quality to be excellent. I've listened to podcasts and my eclectic mix of music and all sound great.

Battery Life: Is good. I found them to be not quite the billed 8 hours - more like 6-7, but still perfectly satisfactory. Charging is via micro-usb cable.

Bluetoothing: Very fast to connect once turned on and never lost signal (I didn't try a range test).

Stay-in-the-ear-factor: I was sceptical that these would stay in my ear for two reasons: firstly i've got (slightly!) differently sized bits-of-the-ear-that-earbuds-fit-into....whatever they're called, and secondly, these buds are quite bulky due to the electronics / battery etc that must be in them. On both counts I was wrong. These stay in fine - even on bumpy bike rides across the New Forest. This was what I was most genuinely pleased with - given the trouble i've had with previous buds.

There's a female voice that says "On", "Off" and "Connected" at the appropriate moments. I especially like the "Off" so that you know you won't turn up to the next session and find the battery to be flat.

One other point to note is that these to fit nicely with my bike helmet (a "Specialized" helmet with the regular triangular strap)...they don't get in each other's way and make wearing both painful.

All in all i'd definitely recommend these at the price they are. I'm not often that pleased to end up with some of the free stuff I get via reviews. These are one of the best things i've been given to review.

Inateck Wireless Presenter Multifunction PPT Pointer, Cordless Presenter Presentation Device, Wireless Multimedia PowerPoint Remote Control Clicker | Adjustable Reminder with Vibration Mode | LCD Display of Battery Status and Operation | Distance Up to 66ft | Black
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars A well made, hastle free device, 10 Nov. 2014
I was given one of these to review.

An excellent device. The one I received ran on x2 AAA batteries (not supplied). The unit is well thought out - device on/off and vol +/- buttons sit one on the side of the tip and almost impossible to accidentally press. The laser is activated either with the thumb on one of the keypad buttons, or via a trigger button underneath the unit.

The usb dongle slots into the back of the device so as to keep both required parts together (a really good touch for a device that'll likely move between a lot of laptops and may even sit in a conference room).

I run Windows 7 Ultimate and all I did was plug the dongle in. Windows then did it's thing and about ten seconds later I was clicking my way through a presentation. All my testing of the device's functionality was done with Microsoft Powerpoint 2010.

With the buttons on the device you can Start/Stop a presentation and go forward/backward through the slides. The laser pointer is self-explanatory.

There's also a timer function that can be set to give yourself a number of hours/minutes to present. The unit will count down the time and vibrate when there are 5, 1 and 0 minutes of your time left. I've never presented like that so won't use it, but I guess there are people who present when constrained to a time-window - so it could be useful, especially as it's discrete and will make you look really competent when you finish bang on time.

Generally: the device is nice and small, feels solidly built and comes with a carry-pouch.

All in all, i'd definitely recommend it if you're in the market for a laser pointer.

26" Premium Branded Mountain/MTB/Cycle/Bike Inner Tube 26" x 1.75 to 2.125 (Fits any 1.75, 1.85, 1.90, 1.95, 2.0, 2.10) Schrader/Car Type Valve - FREE P&P!!
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars All good..., 27 Sept. 2014
yup....it's an inner tube. It was the stated brand. it came with complimentary valve and dust cap. It stayed inflated after I pumped it up and it fits on my wheel (i.e. the sizing is correct).

Only 4 stars because "I like it", but don't "i love it". Can you truly love an inner tube? Should you?

Does the job and i'd recommend it to anyone with an appropriately sized wheel.

Victor M205RUT Rat Trap
Victor M205RUT Rat Trap

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 down, a few more to go..., 5 Sept. 2014
I've caught three rats in one of these since I bought it a month or so ago. It is really easy to set and I've never had it trigger as I was placing it.

It will probably break your fingers if you get them caught in it - such is the force with which it snaps. There are clear instructions on how to set it (on the pack and online) avoiding any chance of this happening - so make sure to read and follow them!

Mine is in a greenhouse (the little blighters steal my tomatoes) and - due to the moisture content in the air - is going a little rusty. However, it still works fine at the moment.

All over the internet there are pointers to bait types, trap placement and how to get the rodents to overcome their natural fear of unrecognised things appearing in their environment. I've had success by adhering to the following rules:

1. Some sort of fat for bait (I've used all of the following successfully: bread and butter, butter, peanut butter and salami)
2. Use gloves when handling the trap/bait (avoids getting your human smell on the them).
3. Place the trap next to a wall or something solid - rats seem to like running alongside something - avoid placing traps in wide open spaces.
4. Give the rats time (a few days) to get used to an unbaited and unset trap before arming/baiting it.

Some councils permit you to wrap the trap and rat in a couple of layers of plastic and then chuck the lot in the bin (you might need to check your local council rules to confirm) but the trap can be used again if you're brave enough to de-rat it! ;O)

I've had good success with it so - although it was quite expensive for one trap - i definitely feel i got my money's worth and would recommend it.

PLEMO Classic Multifunctional Backpack Carry Bag Case for Up to 15.6-Inch Laptop / Notebook Computer / MacBook, Black
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item..., 16 Aug. 2014
I was given one of these backpacks to review.

There are two main spaces - the largest takes the laptop and still has loads of space - unstretched the space is about the size of a *large* (UK) cereal box. There's two pouches in the main space - one for a laptop and one for something like a 10 inch tablet. Both have velcro straps that prevent the devices falling out if the bag's on its side/upside down.

The laptop pouch did accept my 15.4 laptop, but it was snug. The pouch is about 10 inches wide which is a better way to check whether your machine will fit it than screen size - as the amount of plastic around the laptop screen can have an affect.

The second main space is much smaller (about A4 sized but only 1 - 1.5 inches deep) and has lots of little pouches for pens, a calculator and coins (a little zipped pouch).

The side pockets are webbed, with one having a zip and the other not - both will fit a small water bottle.

There's a small pouch on the bottom that contains a webbing net. You can pull it out and clip it to two small clips at the top of the pack. This is the "basket ball" pouch from the pictures and is a nice touch. The webbing really expands to a massive size.

Right on the top there's a rubberised slit in the lid that you can poke you headphones through and have your mp3 player in the bag but still be listening to it.

The mobile phone holder on the left front strap fits my Samsung Galaxy S4 and is handy - as is the sunglasses holder on the other strap.

There's a lot of padding where the backpack sits against your back and it is comfortable when carrying heavier loads. I've carried 4 pints of milk and other items in it without discomfort.

It seems to be well made - i've given it a weeks use and pulled it about on purpose. As an acid test I also let the kids play with it for a few days. It's still intact and I can't see any rips or easing of the seams.

I think, though it's quite pricey, it's a quality product that will last.

DBPOWER® Mini Waterproof Sports Action Camera
DBPOWER® Mini Waterproof Sports Action Camera
Offered by HappyGo

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad...but definitely a budget model, 18 July 2014
Length:: 3:01 Mins

The kit was good - a camera, an enclosed, water-proof case, various bits and bobs to attach the camera to a helmet or bicycle handlebars. The camera is tiny - about the size of a box of raisins - and very light. Obviously the enclosed case bulks it out a little - but it's still super-light. The case seems to have optical quality plastic over the lense of the cover - meaning that the image quality isn't affected appreciably by the camera being in the case - a definite plus.

There's no micro sd card with the camera so you will need your own. The camera controls are very simple - really just on/off, start/stop and mode switchs. The mode switch cycles between camera stills, low def video and high def video.

I strapped this to my wife's bike and let her zoom around our village and into the forest with it set to the maximum possible quality. Initially (on the road) it's ok - there's the inevitable shaking - but it's not too bad (especially when you consider the price of the camera). However, when it gets to the gravel path on the forest (about a minute into the video) the wheels come off the wagon a bit due to the excessive vibration. I think it would have been better to strap it to her helmet as there may have been some natural damping of the vibrations.

Overal - and especially for the money - this is a good buy and I'd definitely recommend it as an entry level if you're looking to play about and see what's possible without spending big bucks.

My Secret Unicorn: Twilight Magic
My Secret Unicorn: Twilight Magic

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy, 13 July 2014
...the reason being, I haven't read it. It was bought for my 9 year old daughter - who will gladly read anything that contains a sniff of something horsey.

Now, she says it was "a good book and she enjoyed it". When I tried to draw her on the characters, the plot and description...she said it was "a good book and she enjoyed it - and what did I mean by those other things".

So...i'm going to give this an I-like-it four stars on the basis that a) she read it from cover to cover and b) it kept her quiet for approximately 4 hours. I'm of the opinion that any reading at her age is good and she's going through all of these with gusto.

On the face of it - me telling you it's a good book based on her feedback is just as subjective as me telling you it's a good book based on my feedback....so you're always going to be taking a bit of a risk!

Flame and the Rebel Riders (Pony Club Secrets, Book 9)
Flame and the Rebel Riders (Pony Club Secrets, Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014

Angel and the Flying Stallions (Pony Club Secrets, Book 10)
Angel and the Flying Stallions (Pony Club Secrets, Book 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014

Fortune and the Golden Trophy (Pony Club Secrets, Book 7)
Fortune and the Golden Trophy (Pony Club Secrets, Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars A review by proxy..., 13 July 2014