Profile for Alexander French > Reviews

Content by Alexander French

Alexander French "Internet dude" (Dublin, Ireland)

Sea Turtles: Amazing Pictures & Fun Facts on Animals in Nature (Our Amazing World Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, execution needs work, 27 Jun 2014
Got this for my 5 year old son. He enjoyed me reading it and looking at the picturs.. The length and content are good but it could have been much better with a bit more care. First of all it needs a good proofread - some sentences are poorly structured for young kids and there are several basic grammar mistakes. My other gripe is that the images are not high resolution enough. As soon as you zoom them they're immediately blurred.

Overall my son enjoyed it but I found the rough edges a bit annoying. We still bought another from the series though!

Bowers & Wilkins Z2 Wireless Music System with Lightning Connector
Bowers & Wilkins Z2 Wireless Music System with Lightning Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great device, 8 July 2013
I spent a lot of time trying to find the right Airplay speakers for me and I think I made the right choice.

Anker® Astro2 8400mAh Dual USB Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank Pack with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, MOTO X, G, and most other USB-charged devices (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included)

Monk and the Riddle: The Education of a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur (Harvard Business School Press Tip Sheet)
by Randy Komisar

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-read for anyone interested in the VC world, 14 May 2000
This is the best business book I've read in a long time. Randy Komisar has an excellent pedigree as a Valley businessman and a VC, and he shares a lot of experience in this book. Don't expect Tom Peters-style "how to succeed" fare -- Randy places as much emphasis on being happy with your lifestyle as on making piles of money.
Throught the book, Komisar makes use of light-hearted anecdotes to make his points, some of them fairly subtle and many of them relevant to business in general, not just the VC world. He punctuates the story with anecdotes about his experiences in Apple, Claris, WebTV, etc.
If you're interested in the Valley VC world, buy this book now!