Profile for C C Naylor > Reviews

Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography
Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, a great man!, 17 Feb 2012
I've been a fan of Jason Manford since I saw him on 8 Out Of 10 Cats a few years ago and have seen him live.

This book is the story of his life before he became famous and is a very enjoyable read.

The book is full of laughs and you can almost hear JM's voice as you read, it is very funny and emotional at stages. I would highly recommend this book and am now planning on going to see JM for a second time.

If you're thinking about buying this, just go for it you will not be disappointed!!!

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed)
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing start, 13 Feb 2012
This book was a book of two halves for me - by the end of the first half I had made my mind up to finish the book but not read the next book as the first half kind of lacked good story telling and included too much explicit sex scenes.

However the second half was much better and the story flowed fairly well to predictable yet intriguing 'Cliffhanger' finish and I am going to give the second book a go in the future - I just hope it's more like the latter half of this book rather than the first half.

The Stonehenge Legacy
The Stonehenge Legacy
by Sam Christer
Price: 7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good debut for Christer!, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Stonehenge Legacy (Paperback)
I read this book with little expectations and was pleasently surprised.

This book was very good and had me genuinley caring about the characters.

The book was gripping and intense at times. I highly recommend this book and will be reading Christers second book The Turin Shroud Secret in the future.

The review would have been 5 stars if not for what was in my opinion a slightly disappointing ending.

Nevertheless great effort from Christer!

The Righteous Men
The Righteous Men
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!!, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Righteous Men (Kindle Edition)
This book has alot of criticisms in these reviews, some of it harsh, some of it valid.

Personally I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading other Sam Bourne books in the future.
I really liked the characters but the ending was slightly predictable but still decent

It irks me when any book in this catergory is compared to The Da Vinci Code, i enjoyed that book but find it annoying how any other book in this genre is systematically labeled 'Not as good as' or 'The new' Da Vinci Code etc

This is a book I would recommend and read again

Mud, Sweat and Tears
Mud, Sweat and Tears
Price: 2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Bear Grylls!, 30 Jan 2012
First book I read on my Kindle. Not much to say that hasn't already been said in other reviews. Very good book, inspirational, emotional at times. Highly recommend

Let's Get It On!: The Making of MMA and Its Ultimate Referee
Let's Get It On!: The Making of MMA and Its Ultimate Referee
Price: 3.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Get It On!, 7 Jan 2012
As a big MMA fan I was sceptical that the autobiography of an MMA referee would be worth my while but I took a chance, and I'm definitely glad I did.

Brilliant book, which is interesting from start to finish, even when talking about non MMA aspects of Big John's life, his early life growing up, his work on the police force etc.

This book has lots of great background info and reveals plenty of stuff I never knew about the UFC, from the guy who has been there since UFC 1 - including his thoughts on some fights he believes have been fixed,

Highly recommended to any MMA or UFC fan!!!