Profile for Mr. R. Callard > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Callard

Mr. R. Callard "lewishamcamraboy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
British Birds: A photographic guide to every common species (Collins Complete Guide)
by Paul Sterry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 24 Mar. 2013
I have just moved into a house with a garden supported by many bird species so needed to brush up my knowledge. This book has been a useful assistant. Has just about all the info I need.

Can't Buy A Thrill
Can't Buy A Thrill

5.0 out of 5 stars Already had the vinyl, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Can't Buy A Thrill (Audio CD)
I was doing an audit of my music collection (I have much of it on Vinyl first, then on CD) and realised I did not have this CD. I love Dan, so my reviews will always be favourable. If you are new to Steely Dan, this album wont disappoint, especially since it contains about all of their "commercial" work, at least here in the UK.

The Greenhouse Expert (Expert Series)
The Greenhouse Expert (Expert Series)
by D. G. Hessayon

5.0 out of 5 stars You know this series?, 24 Mar. 2013
Another in the range of Hessayon's excellent tomes. As ever, he sets the level right for beginner and above. I had never owned a greenhouse until last summer so needed a book or two. As soon as I stumbled across this, I realised i would probably only need one book and it is everything you might expect one of his books to be.

Auto Ignition Weed Wand with 4 Gas Canisters
Auto Ignition Weed Wand with 4 Gas Canisters
Offered by Image Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with it, but, 24 Mar. 2013
For what it does it is good, but I had hoped it had a little more power. I had to resort to buying an even bigger one. Excellent for topical blasting of not-too-pernicious weeds.

Places
Places

5.0 out of 5 stars Im a fan, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Places (Audio CD)
I have other reviews of this artist. I really like him, having seen him twice and is one of those artists that never seems to release duff kit. An excellent musician with great interpretation

FM
FM

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to have the CD, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: FM (Audio CD)
I only had this on vinyl and wanted a CD version to put it onto our ITunes account. I particularly wanted the Steely Dan track FM, but the whole album is an excellent snapshot of the age.

Day Is Done
Day Is Done

5.0 out of 5 stars A Meldau fan, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Day Is Done (Audio CD)
I have liked this artist ever since I saw him at the Barbican; great on his own or with Mr Metheny, he is a most accomplished keyboard player who manages to put a great spin on at least one song per album you already know well. His version of Exit Music for a Film is brilliant. If you like Jazz and you like piano, this is well worth a look.

Sheen x300 Flame Gun
Sheen x300 Flame Gun
Offered by Pandoras Upholstery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just me and the allotment weeds, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sheen x300 Flame Gun
This was an inequal battle until I bought this little beauty. I had a small hand held butane torch, but that was like a cigarette lighter by comparison. If you are looking at this then you already know you want something with a bit of welly. This works well, but make sure you follow the instructions and get it roaring before you start flinging it around or it wont be hot enough.

Bosch 36V Battery for AHS 54-20 LI Hedge Cutter
Bosch 36V Battery for AHS 54-20 LI Hedge Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Got some welly last summer, 24 Mar. 2013
I should have bought two batteries when I bought the trimmer. They do last a long time, but one wont do all the hedge I have . They hold a charge well and deliver power right until the end. They last as long as they claim and the battery state meter is useful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2014 5:03 PM BST

Don't Explain
Don't Explain

5.0 out of 5 stars A grest find, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
When I stumbled upon this album, I thought I had found a new JB album, with a female singer accompanying him. The reverse is true. Beth is a singer that JB accompanies on her new album. Seek this out for she has an extraordinary voice and delivery. Earthy and heartfelt. Needless to say, I have had to seek out more from her discography and purchase those too.

A great singer who does not look, in my opinion, anything like she sounds. This combination of JB's licks and her smoking voice is irresistible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7