Profile for GC Perry > Reviews

Content by GC Perry

GC Perry (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
CATEYE Bike Bicycle Light Rear Light Led Taillight Lamp Flashlight TL-LD1100 Red
Offered by rollyourway

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the third one of these that I have ..., 2 Dec. 2015
This is the third one of these that I have purchased. Its a reliable water resistant double row LED rear lamp that has numerous flashing modes. It is also extremely bright.

Schwalbe Smart Sam Plus Green Guard Dual Wired Performance Tire - Black, 2.1 Inch
Offered by Bike Champions

4.0 out of 5 stars A good general mountain bike tyre that will suit riders who ..., 2 Dec. 2015
A good general mountain bike tyre that will suit riders who ride a lot of the time on asphalt or concrete but who need some extra nobbles on their tyre for when they reach a muddy bit. The tyre is a great compromise that fills the gap between a road biased tyre and those that are designed purely for off road riding which tend to be noisy and draggy when they get to the hard stuff. While the Green guard doesn't offer quite the ultimate level of puncture protection that the other 'Plus' Schwalbe tyres do, I have not yet had a puncture this season after 200 miles of rides and normally would expect to have had one or two by now as 80% of my rides are on Blackthorn and Hawthorn lined rolled shale trails.

Opticron Discovery WP PC 10x42 Binoculars
Opticron Discovery WP PC 10x42 Binoculars
Offered by OptixMania

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all round compact Binoculars, 17 April 2015
You will struggle to find a more compact pair of 10x42 of roof prism binoculars than these. The have a crisp bright image and have a wide eye relief so are particularly suitable for people who want to use them when wearing eye glasses. The 8x magnification ones are even better for this. They are also waterproof hence the WP moniker. Its not widely appreciated that Opticron are a small UK company that get their binoculars made to a high standard overseas, but because they are UK based they have good customer service if you have a problem. Being an optics freak and a daily user I have about 10 pairs of binoculars right up to a pair that were a couple of thousand pounds, but all of my budget and mid range sets are Opticron. In the past few years I have damaged two pairs and they were both quickly and economically repaired at the Opticron service centre at Luton. I really recommend the Discovery in particular as they are my favourite 'grab and go' set as they do most things very well..

The Squirrel Buster
The Squirrel Buster

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but has a small design flaw, 21 Dec. 2014
I am only giving this 4 stars rather than 5 due to a slight flaw in the design that others have mentioned. Yes it works, and keeps the little furry nut eating critters away from the bird food. I have also adjusted it with some precision so that common feral pigeons cannot use it but some rarer small wild doves can feed because they weigh less. So it does the job in that respect. The problem is that the rain shield around the top is not wide enough so rain gets into the feed hopper and causes it to clog with wet expanded feed. I altered my squirrel buster by fitting a home made wider rain shield round the top and the problem has all but gone away, except for those rare occasions when we get horizontal rain.

Muc-Off Bike Cleaner, 1 Litre
Muc-Off Bike Cleaner, 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good at what it does, 13 Nov. 2014
This gets a full five stars from me. Very good at what it does. When used per the instructions, light soiling comes off automatically without needing to rub it, heavy soiling and greasy deposits just need a gentle rub.

Opticron 50mm Flotation Neoprene Binocular Lanyard with Quick Release System
Opticron 50mm Flotation Neoprene Binocular Lanyard with Quick Release System

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 1 Sept. 2014
This does exactly what it should as advertised. I would have preferred a choice of colours and it could do with being a few quid cheaper.

Dell C1660W Wireless Colour Laser Printer (12ppm)
Dell C1660W Wireless Colour Laser Printer (12ppm)
Offered by Office Partner GmbH_1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 12 July 2014
Great Prionter that was easy to set up as others have said. Worth the money.

Opticron HR WP 8x26 Binoculars
Opticron HR WP 8x26 Binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Binoculars that are quite compact, 12 July 2014
These are a fine small pair of Binoculars. I am a bit of an Optics freak and have about 10 pairs of binoculars from quite cheap like these to many hundreds of pounds. Opticron (which are still a UK company) produce some really high quality optics at the cheap and medium price segment of the market. These also work very well with glasses. They are waterproof and are about the size of your hand. they are not too big to go in a large pocket or handbag. Very pleased with my purchase and they will live in the glove compartment of my car. I dropped another pair of Opticron binoculars that I own last year and damaged them, and I was very impressed with their repair service at Luton who did a prompt and professional repair.

Cane Creek Thudbuster LT Suspension Seatpost Black black Size:27.0 mm Øx 400 mm Länge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 July 2014
There is no hiding that the Thudbuster LT is an expensive bit of kit, but you get what you pay for. I am completely sold on this product as I just purchased from Amazon the fourth one that I have owned. Each of my recent bikes has had a different seat tube diameter and so I have had to buy a new one each time. They are reliable and despite claiming to have a 250lb weight limit have put up with my 270lb's without real complaint although I have had an elastomer fail after about two years of thrice weekly offroad use. If you have a spine that doesn't take too kindly to shock loads like mine then the 2 inches or so of travel will make your ride far more tollerable. A good product that I will continue to buy as needed. They readily sell secondhand at a decent price once you need to upgrade for your next bike as well.

Asus Cine5 Sound Bar - True 5 Channel Surround Sound
Asus Cine5 Sound Bar - True 5 Channel Surround Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 27 May 2014
Asus stand acused of not promoting this as a secondary speaker for small flat screen TV's. Indeed the manual that comes with it doesn't even mention that it is possible to use it for this. I mainly bought my Asus for my laptop as I sometimes have to do presentations in large meetings and 100 people can easily hear my presentations using this speaker. But I was very surprised that it works so well with a small flat screen TV whose speakers are frankly rubbish. All you need is a mains electric supply and a 3.5mm earphone socket on your TV and it works fine. Even the TV's remote handset controls the volume of the Asus so you don't have to use the large blue glowing knob on the top. The surround sound effect is also slightly limited, but I didn't buy it for that. Yes its not as good as a high level sound bar but these tend to be 70-100cm wide and so don't suit small TV's. The Asus is just 36cm (14 inches) across yet puts out the sound of a much larger piece of kit. Could I also add that it comes beautifully packaged in a well designed box and includes the option of rubber feet and not just the Hifi spikes as shown in the pictures. It is also really easy to set up. Have recommeded to a friend who also has trouble with the sound on his small flat screen TV.

Page: 1 | 2