Profile for rich20 > Reviews

Froglube 4oz Paste Gun Cleaner - Clear - One Size
Froglube 4oz Paste Gun Cleaner - Clear - One Size
Offered by BlackLeaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely flawless product, 21 July 2014
This review is from: FrogLube CLP (Sports)
I heard a lot of good comments about this cleaner from reviewers in the US and decided to give it a try. The product is absolutely faultless and I cannot find any problems with it. In this review I will describe the application procedure and cleaning procedure using the Froglube paste, the directions taken from the manufacturers website.

FIRST APPLICATION
- Strip your firearm down as you normally would for cleaning. Remove any lubricant, oil or grease from all the metal work using a relevant oil removal (I used mineral spirits for this).
- Heat up the metal parts so that they are "hot to the touch." I did this using a hairdryer.
- Apply the froglube paste to the surface of the metal work, the heat will cause the paste to liquify. When applying to the bore I put a big blob in the chamber and pushed it down with a patch on a cleaning rod jag.
- Make sure you only treat the parts as specified by the firearm manufacturer. For example, the manual for my Tikka T3 specifically states that the entire firing pin assembly within the bolt is to remain dry and does not require lubrication or oiling.
- Allow the metal work to cool then wipe away the excess with a towel or shop rag, the excess froglube should have solidified into a wax again. You have now completed the first application.

CLEANING
- Strip your firearm down as you normally would for cleaning.
- For the barrel, rub a patch into the froglube then send it down the barrel on a cleaning rod jag.
- Scrub with barrel with either a bronze phosphorous brush or a nylon brush (manufacturer doesn't state which kind of brush, just says "scrub barrel." I performed ten passes starting from the receiver end.
- Send patches down until they come out clean.

SUMMARY
As a comparison, this weekend I had taken some rifles out, two of the four had not been treated with froglube. Here we have:
- Yugo M48, 8mm Mauser (160 rounds fired), pre-treated with froglube
- CZ 527, .223 rem (200 rounds fired), pre-treated with froglube
- Lee Enfield No4 Mk1, .303 British (<50 rounds fired), NO froglube
- Marlin 1894, .357 magnum (50 rounds fired), NO froglube
I immediately cleaned them after coming home. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. The two rifles which had been treated with froglube cycled very well. The CZ 527 used to be quite clunky on the bolt, but now it was as smooth as glass, it felt like brand new. After cleaning, I was very impressed with the results. Following the cleaning procedure above I had used less than 5 patches before they were clean. The first patch from each rifle was absolutely caked in carbon, this shows that the froglube and scrubbing removes a lot of the fouling which is picked up by the first patch. The two untreated rifles, despite a lower round count, took the best part of 10 patches using the same cleaning procedure. Although the froglube as a standalone cleaner gave similar results to conventional cleaners, this highlights how well the pre-treatment aids in future cleaning. As I understand the pre-treatment stops the carbon from "caking" onto the metal. The froglube acts as a film which makes it easier to remove during cleaning. All rifles ended up with a mirror shine bore.

CONCLUSION
I think the froglube has worked amazingly well, and is certainly much easier to use than traditional oiling and chemicals. I find that the pre-treatment has definitely made subsequent cleaning much easier and I much prefer the smell of this product than the harsh chemicals I would normally use. This product is 98% edible as approved by the FDA. I imagine it would not damage any finish of your rifles and would not cause any harm to the stock, if wiped away after cleaning. So far I've coated 4 rifles, cleaned 5 and I've not even got through one tenth of the tub. I'm finding it hard find criticisms, at first I thought it was quite expensive for the quantity, but after the resutls I've got I'd say it's more than worth it's cost.

6" / 150mm Digital Vernier Calipers ALL STAINLESS STEEL (Large Display) CE
6" / 150mm Digital Vernier Calipers ALL STAINLESS STEEL (Large Display) CE
Offered by Universal Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality caliper that suited my needs, 25 Jun 2014
CONTENTS
1x 150mm Digital Vernier Caliper (with SR44 battery installed)
1x spare SR44
1x mini screwdriver to replace battery
1x set of instructions
1x hard plastic case enclosing all the above

SUMMARY
Overall I'm very happy with this purchase. It fits all of my requirements and didn't cost me a great deal of money when comparing to a Mitotuyo equivalent. I've had fair usage over the past 4 months and everything is as good as day one. My only minor comment is that the empty cavity in the case for the caliper isn't perfectly shaped for the small thumb locking screw, but it's hardly worth removing 1 star for this.

As a keen shooter part of my hobby is to handload my own ammunition for competition or purely for cost reduction. In order to to this it is critical that my case length and overall cartridge lengths are within SAAMI specifications for my own safety as well as others. Usually the tolerances are measured down to hundreths of an inch (0.01") but this tool is accurate to thosandths of an inch (0.001") which gives me confidence that I'm safe. In terms of repeatability some of the components I buy are machined to +/- 0.001" and the calipers are good enough to show this.

As a test, I had 20 components to test that were machined with a circular diameter of 0.311" After zeroing the caliper and measuring all 20 of the components my calipers correctly displayed 0.311" everytime so I know that my calipers are repeatabile and accurate. It has a resolution of 0.0005" and this can be seen as a small 5 on the calipers while performing a measurement, which was observed every so often with my 20 test pieces.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn (PS3)
Offered by Korte-EDV Internetmarketing & Vertrieb, Preise inkl. MwSt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read review for transfer to PS4, 16 Jun 2014
The other reviewers have hit the nail on the head with regards to reviewing this game so I will concentrate on the transition from PS3 -> PS4 free upgrade.

Until 31st December 2014, Square Enix are offering all PS3 user's to upgrade permenantly to the PS4 for free. Seeing as this game is much cheaper than the PS4 version, I bought this for the sole purpose of the free upgrade. Here's how you do it.

- Install + start up on PS3. Sign in with your PSN account and create a SquareEnix account. Note, the nickname used may not be your account name as I found out after a while. My account number had a random digit added on the end so be careful.
- Register your copy of FFXIV to your Square Enix account.
- Once you have linked your PSN account with your SquareEnix account, login to the mogstation using your SquareEnix credentials.
- Here, you can upgrade your PS3 version to the PS4 version for free. Upon doing so, your PS3 copy will NO LONGER WORK. You will NOT be able to play on your PS3 and PS4. If you want to do this, you will have to have 2 copies of the game (as each copy carries a single registration code).
- Once upgraded in the mogstation you are given a redemption code for use on the PS4.
- Boot up the PS4 and in the Store you have the option to "redeem code." Enter the code given from the mogstation and you will begin to download the PS4 version of FFXIV, free of charge!
- Once completed + updated, login as you would on the PS3. All your characters will be there just as you left them.

At the time of purchase for me, the PS3 version was ~£5 and the PS4 version was ~£25. This was such a big saving and you get exactly the same game in the end. You will still get the 30 day trial as the trial is tied to the account NOT the console, so it doesn't matter which console you started the trial on.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2014 2:24 PM BST

Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel
Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tryre dressing product that I've used so far, 16 May 2014
I've tried other tyre dressing products and didn't really get too great a result. I do a lot of driving (~450 miles per week) and as a result even new tyres get dirty fairly quickly.

The gel is easy enough to apply, I used some left over scraps of cloth and they seemed to work OK for me. I wanted to get a caroom finish shine on the tyres, and following the instructions it felt like I had used a lot of product on all four corners, however after checking the amount in the bottle it can't have moved down by more of a quarter inch. Sadly I had forgotten to remove the excess and hastily went out for a drive which caused some gel to spin off, completely my own fault. The spin off didn't really cause any problems for me and came off the body work very easy.

It's been two weeks since I've dressed the tyres and they have lost some shine but they still look great! Very impressed with the results and I'm very certain this tub will last a long time. A lot of people refuse to pay this amount of money on car cleaning products but when you break down the cost per single wash you will find it's cheaper than going to the local car wash and you get a much better result!

Autoglym Super Resin Polish - 1L - Latest Model
Autoglym Super Resin Polish - 1L - Latest Model

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy polish, remember to bring some elbow grease!, 16 May 2014
This was the first time I had polished a car and I had heared from other car enthusiasts that it can be hit or miss if you don't know what you're doing.

After I washed my car and dried it, following the instructions I used a microfibre applicator pad (Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator Pads) to rub the polish in. I found that I didn't need much at all and the results were instant. After I polished all the body work, I used the second microfibre applicate pad without any product to buff the whole car over, to ensure that no swirls or remaining residue was left on the car. I found that this step didn't really need to be done as there wasn't much dry residue left over which is what you might expect with other polishes. The entire process took me around 20-30 minutes for a 5-door hatchback car.

I am very impressed with the results despite having no experience with car polishing. Product is easy to use and is affordable.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash
Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use with excellent results!, 16 May 2014
Having used the standard BMW wash with good results for years I was a bit hesitant to try something new. The first thing that attracted me to using this product was the good reviews it has received; the value of the brand itself and also the price.

The instructions state to use one capful per 4 litres which I struggled to believe at first because I was immediately pleased knowing how long this bottle was going to last! In my opinion the number of washes you get per tub vastly outweighs the price.

To avoid swirling or staining I usually wash one panel at a time, allow it to soak in for ~5mins then rinse off with the hose. It took me around 30 minutes to fully clean a BMW 1-series and that's including the "blasting" of bugs from the front grill and the maticulous cleaning of mud from the skirts. Usually I would go around and wash a second time to pick out areas I had maybe missed but I didn't need to do that in this case.

I was very impressed with the results I got. The sun had come out after it had dried and it was great to see it looking shiny again. I would definitely recommend this to anyone regardless of budget!

Draper 40964 1/2-Inch Square Drive Hi-Torq Spark Plug Socket Set
Draper 40964 1/2-Inch Square Drive Hi-Torq Spark Plug Socket Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 16 May 2014
They look and feel good quality which is what you would expect from Draper. They are a good price too as I've seen individual sockets going for ~£5, so getting three different sizes for less than £10 is a great bargain. Offer a good fit with half square inch drivers, easy enough to install and remove but strong enough that they won't come off during use.

Toolzone Socket Nut Driver Adaptors for Drill 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Toolzone Socket Nut Driver Adaptors for Drill 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Offered by Grendle_Enterprises

5.0 out of 5 stars Was the solution to my problem, 16 May 2014
I needed to find a way to attach my socket drivers to my power drill. The hex shank fits perfectly in my Black and Decker cordless drill and the 1/2" square fits perfectly in my sockets. The adaptors offer a small amount of additional reach which could be useful in hard to reach places.

Bovril Jar Mug
Bovril Jar Mug
Offered by Super.Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for a friend, loved it!, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Bovril Jar Mug (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as a parting gift for a friend in work. He enjoyed drinking Bovril when we went to meetings and he even got me drinking it too. Mug came in a cardboard box so it didn't arrive damaged in any way. It's a mug so there's nothing else really to say.

FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, HTC, Motorola, LG, PS4, Xbox one (Black/Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient good quality cable, 1 May 2014
I bought this as a replacement charging cable to use with my HTC One, as the one provided was too short. It could barely reach from my charger on the floor to my bedsite cabinet.

While I was out in Tesco's I tried to find an equivalent cable but they were an obsurd price between £15-£20, and most likely a low quality cable. So for £6.99 this is a bargain.

The cable plugged into my mains adaptor nice and snug, and the micro USB port plugs into my phone nice and snug also. I didn't find I had to force it in.

At 6ft this cable is really useful. While the phone is charging I can now use it while at my bed, or when in the lounge while watching TV. The braided cable is nice, it offers some additional resistance to being bent.

Would buy again.