Profile for T. P. Carter > Reviews

Content by T. P. Carter

T. P. Carter (Birmingham, England)

And Winter Came
And Winter Came

5.0 out of 5 stars It was about time I reviewed this wonderful album, 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: And Winter Came (Audio CD)
As a new Enya album is released, I thought I would add my comments about this 2008 release. It is one of the most often played CD's that we have. It's a lovely album with beutiful songs and a must at this time of the year. Totally recommended.

3 Ships
3 Ships

4.0 out of 5 stars A favourite album., 15 July 2015
This review is from: 3 Ships (Audio CD)
I love this album. I have the LP so wanted the CD. It's particularly played Christmas time.

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone family or group should have this game!, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Love it. Simple yet frustrating but always great fun.

Red Mars (Mars Trilogy Book 1)
Red Mars (Mars Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best read I've ever experienced, 26 May 2014
I loved this book, and the follow up Green Mars and Blue Mars. I would recommend the series, and Red Mars in particular, to everyone. Just one warning, be prepared to become engrossed. Indeed, I never wanted to get to the end; it was like having to come home after the best holiday ever.

Lost Horizon [DVD] [2001]
Lost Horizon [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Ronald Colman

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 18 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Lost Horizon [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I first saw this movie when I was a child and was immediately swept up in the story and had an overwhelming desire to visit Tibet. My love of the film has never gone away and since owning this DVD the desire to travel to the Himalayas has resurfaced and I'm off next year, with my own child, for my adventure.

The DVD was put together from separate reels of the original and although the soundtrack is complete there are some missing stills. The makers have, however, dealt with this well and somehow it all adds to the remoteness of the location and the experience.

I know many will think it's sentimental but I love it, as I do other Capra movies including, of course, It's a Wonderful Life; another movie that didn't make money when released by now deemed a classic.

I think in today's age of materialism, selfishness and greed, all children should watch this movie to see another side of life that is only just out of reach.

Enjoy.

Rolson Quality Tools Ltd 60794 Emergency LED Light
Rolson Quality Tools Ltd 60794 Emergency LED Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect piece of equipment, 22 Jun. 2011
I now have three of these torches around the house and have had no problems whatsoever. Build quality is good, and improving, life of the rechargeable batteries is good and the torch comes on if power to the house fails. The blue location light is ideal as a comfort in a small Child's room or in the bedroom of an elderly person, such as my uncle who used to leave a side light permanently on in case he needed to get up in the night. Highly recommended.

Pride & Prejudice [Blu-ray][Region Free] [2005]
Pride & Prejudice [Blu-ray][Region Free] [2005]
Dvd ~ Keira Knightly

3.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 31 Oct. 2010
This could have been so good. The music, the setting of the opening dances, the Bennett house, etc were very, very good. The miscasting of Darcey, Mr Bennett and others, together with the daft ending, really spoilt what could have been the best short version of this story.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Ms Knightley's performance.

Back to the BBC Blu-ray version for me, absolutely stunning.

Persuasion [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Persuasion [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sally Hawkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Agree with the others, 31 Oct. 2010
I too had the DVD and thought the Blu-ray would give something much better, sadly disappointed. If you want a copy of Persuasion for your JA collection, and you should, then buy the DVD until a much better Blu-ray version becomes available.

Pride And Prejudice [Blu-ray] [1995] [Region Free]
Pride And Prejudice [Blu-ray] [1995] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Pride and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, 5 Jun. 2009
Worth every penny, and more. Don't worry about a little grain, it just adds to the atmosphere.

My only gripe is that they still have the episodes start and end titles, I don't understand why they couldn't have run it from start to end like a long film. Still, a small matter when taking into account the whole package.

Top class.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2009 5:59 PM BST

Veneer
Veneer
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Veneer (Audio CD)
Having purchased this CD purely because I liked the track used in the Sony Bravia advert, I have to say that the whole CD is excellent.

Its simple, engaging and highly recommended.

Tim