Profile for josephine > Reviews

Content by josephine

josephine (rhodes island greece)

Page: 1 | 2
How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!
How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!

5.0 out of 5 stars It all seems clearly laid out, I wish my ..., 9 Dec. 2014
It all seems clearly laid out, I wish my understanding of the laptop and social media could do it justice. I will keep reading it again and again and see if I can master the system.(and finish my second book and start a third one.) !!

How To Sell A Gazillion eBooks In No Time
How To Sell A Gazillion eBooks In No Time

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this funny sadly not, 20 Aug. 2014
You could have told me how smart you are to 'con' me in to buying this trash in one sentence. And you did, then repeated the same.

How to Write a Novel Using the Snowflake Method (Advanced Fiction Writing Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Randy, 20 Aug. 2014
not quite what I expected but full of sensible, and readable, advice. Josephine Kelly author 'From Lindos with Love'.

Princess Margaret: A Biography
Princess Margaret: A Biography

4.0 out of 5 stars Historical journey, 28 April 2014
As I am an age where much of this historical journey is my history, it was most interesting to read more depth to what I already knew. A good balance of facts and interesting anecdotes.

Dancing in the Fountain: How to Enjoy Living Abroad
Dancing in the Fountain: How to Enjoy Living Abroad

5.0 out of 5 stars joyous, 28 April 2014
What a pleasure to have an 'expat' book that is a joyous adventure. Many who write on this theme list so many complaints you wonder why the authors chose to leave their previous life to 'suffer' abroad???
Yes, there are serious comments, the transient nature of the 'expat' community being one, and the lack of libraries and a choice of social interaction draws other important comparisons.
As a British 'most of the year expat' in Greece, it was interesting to read this account of life in Spain and find that the underlying experience was much the same. It is often the attitude you travel with that colours the experience.
Josephine Kelly author 'From Lindos with Love'.

A Brief Moment of Sunshine: The prequel to "The View From Kleoboulos"
A Brief Moment of Sunshine: The prequel to "The View From Kleoboulos"

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing tale, right to the end., 14 Mar. 2014
The only crime novelists I read are John Grisham and Jeffrey Archer. With those writers the story is about the circumstances leading to the criminal act and the consequences to the lives of the people involved, not a catalogue of violence.
So the opening to ‘A brief moment of sunshine’ may have initially put me off this excellent story that starts with a man being thrown to his death from Clifton suspension bridge. I am pleased it did not as what follows is an intriguing tale of shattered dreams, moments of hope, then finally an unexpected but very plausible conclusion with the eventual ‘feel good’ factor.
This is John Manuel’s second novel and in my opinion it moves his writing into the league of the well known names mentioned above.

Labyrinth (languedoc Book 1)
Labyrinth (languedoc Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Nov. 2013
Disappointed as lacked any real feel of Carcasonne. I live in a walled city, and have also been to this jewel of France many times, sorry did not even finish it.

The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir
The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading my history, 4 Nov. 2013
This was an excellent read, filling in lots of gaps and answering questions I had almost forgotten I had asked. Born just after the abdication, Edward and Wallis were still part of the news when I was old enough to take notice of such things. I am well aware that history is only one person's version of what happened at any given time. But what am informed person we have in Lady Mosley. Even the name Mosley conjours up slogans on the walls around my London home. Thank you for an informative and nostalgic read. jk

RHODES TO ROMANCE (European Contemporary Romance Series Book 1)
RHODES TO ROMANCE (European Contemporary Romance Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Why Rhodes?, 27 Aug. 2013
As a quiet read it was o.k. but with a title that says 'Rhodes' and a most beautiful cover photo, one expects to find some reference to to Rhodes in the story. I did........ find one!!
The whole thing could have been set anywhere, and that is rather deceptive for people who wish to read a novel set on their favorite island . I hope the author enjoyed the week she spent here.

It's Never Too Late to Fall in Love: an anthology of romantic short stories
It's Never Too Late to Fall in Love: an anthology of romantic short stories

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 3 Jun. 2013
This anthology had lots of promise, but not all the chosen stories pushed buttons for me, but congratulations to those who made it into the collection. Josephine Kelly author 'From Lindos with Love'.

Page: 1 | 2