Profile for Trilly_UK > Reviews

Trilly_UK (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Kenwood Kmix Stainless Steel Kettle, 3000 Watt, Silver
Kenwood Kmix Stainless Steel Kettle, 3000 Watt, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Been spoilt, its not a Magimix, hate it and now its faulty., 4 Feb. 2016
Why a one star? There are few things I do not like; this is one of them. What is there to hate about. Having had a Magimix kettle for seven years, it started to leak so urgently needed a replacement. Visually this looked similar, had a mid-range price tag from a well-known brand and thought I was going to get what I had near enough but an updated version, how wrong I was. Magixmix is no longer sold otherwise would have been happy getting that again.

The first shock was that the outer wall gets very hot, enough to burn, on the Magimix the side wall was cool to touch even straight after boiling. However, after the first time learn not to do this again.

The issue with this kettle face daily is the fill gauge is behind the handle, like the Magimix, not convex nor illuminated but sits flush with the outside wall of the kettle. Therefore, to see the water level you have to do one of two things.

1. Bend your wrist so its at 45 angle to your arm so you can see the gauge which sort of works
2. Flip open the lid so light goes through the gauge

Anyway the last nail in the coffin, and I am delighted about it, is that the on / off switch has become faulty as reported by another reviewer and, therefore, have a good reason to return it. I am sure Kenwood produce some other great models, but this is not one of them.

iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector, Anker® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector (5.5 inch) for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 9H Hardness and Easy Bubble-Free Installation [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again if needed., 7 Oct. 2015
Been on for a few days but first impressions are good.

Not been a fan of screen protectors and avoided them for years as consider myself a careful owner and never likes the plastic film protectors. Now a new owner of an Iphone 6+ felt with the larger screen more chance of a knock / scratch and saw this glass cover. I have a few other Anker products and been impressed with them, ie not gone wrong so far an decided on this as good reviews over all.

Installing the screen was as simple as following the video on the website step by step with no problems or bubbles or trapped dust. Once on and using the protector, now screen noticed that it is a bit smoother to use and a little more force is needed to register touches but not in a bad way. When I tend to notice more is that the screen protector extends to below the screen and surronds the touchID / home button making the feel quite different when the protector was not in place. Doesn't cause any problems its just different.

Yes the screen does not extent right to the edge. I have a 6+ not a 6S+ but unless you look closely it is not something you are going to notice.

Would I buy it again but of course I am hoping I do not or if I do its because its done its job and protected the phone screen and I need another one!

Kerbl Cat Hammock Paradies, 45 x 30 cm, Dark Blue
Kerbl Cat Hammock Paradies, 45 x 30 cm, Dark Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, we and our cat very happy!, 24 Sept. 2015
Well I think our cat gives it 5 stars rather than us!

Our cat weighs in around 5KGs so on the larger side and had no issues with him using this in the winter as hung it over the radiator. Summertime not interesting using it so will be interesting to see if he uses it again this winter.

Had no issue with placing it over the radiator once it was setup. Seemed to recall for something so simple putting it together was more of a challenge that it should be but maybe having a senior moment at the time as my son came to the rescue. It’s not difficult really.

We have 2 cats but one of them, the one we brought the hammock for has some dodgy joints and he does get on with the cold, hence why this is such as great buy for him keeping warm and comfy when its chilly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

12 Monkeys - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
12 Monkeys - Season 1 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Aaron Stanford

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Inception, Twelve Monkeys - the film, Predestination good chance you will like this, 24 Sept. 2015
I chanced across the series of the Twelve Monkeys from another review and thought to give it a go and so pleased I did.

It takes it cue from the film of the Twelve Monkeys but with enough twists to make it watchable in its own right without thinking it’s just an extended plot to the film.

There is some thought gone to the plot that takes advantage of the time travel aspect and the more you get into season 1 this becomes apparent. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to Season 2 if they make it.
As a reference sort of films I have enjoyed are of course the Twelve Monkeys as well as Inception and Predestination. If you like these types of film I reckon this is something you can watch, it’s not back to back got to watch it but certainly been hooked enough to watch 2 to 3 episodes in an evening.

Predestination
Predestination
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you are awake when watching this as needs your attention to follow the plot!, 24 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Predestination (DVD)
As others have said it is mind bending with a few twists here and there, not a film you can guess where it might be headed.

It got 5 stars from me as it exercised the grey matter and not many films do that for me. In fact I am going to have to watch it again to try and put together knowing the end how it unravels. I would hazard a guess if you liked Inception you would like this but this is without the special effects and bit more attention is needed to watch this.

I can see why some people don’t like this but if you like Sci-Fi, Time Travel and clever plots then this is one for you. If you do like this and can find the Series of the “Twelve Monkeys”, yes it’s a spin off from the film I reckon you would like that as well.

Amzer Double Layer Hybrid Case Cover with Kickstand for iPhone 6 Plus - Black
Amzer Double Layer Hybrid Case Cover with Kickstand for iPhone 6 Plus - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 16 Sept. 2015
Length:: 1:44 Mins

I have used Amzer cases for Windows Phones for years, not needed many as they last as long as the phone has done. The key features I like about these are the built in kick stand and robust cases they provide.

Changing to an IPhone 6 Plus I was keen to get another case from Amzer and found this one. I then went about comparing this to other brand names that are popular with iphone users but couldn't find any with the combination of features with a reasonable price. So went fo the Amzer casae again and how happy I am!

The case is in 2 parts, firstly the slicon protection and then the plastic structure that supports the phone and slicon protection. It all works very well. Due to the size of the screen and how low the kick stand is is just about keeps it from toppling over backards but put it on a slighly uneven surface and it will topple over. The stand works just as well in landscape mode and great for watching Netflix / You Tube etc.

Would have given it 4.5 stars if it as the kickstand could have been designed slightly longer to avoid it toppling over on uneven surfaces but this is a minor quibble.

There is a video review I have uploaded to Amazon.co.uk but if you cannot see it it is available on YouTube here https://youtu.be/YzLIDU2r9K8
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bead Cutlery Tea Spoons - Pack of 12 | Stainless Steel Tea Spoons, Genware Bead Cutlery
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaspoons! Very happy with these which replaced the ones that wander off somewhere., 29 May 2015
Teaspoons, what can you say!

However, I was worried they would be the really thin type and a bit small but they are just right and replaced the ones that seem to disappear for no reason.

Very pleased and hope I won't be purchasing any soon but if I do it will be because more have disappeared not because of a problem with these sppons. On a pratical note after having these for a few months they are no worse off being in the dishwasher and still look as good as the day we got them.

Suet to Go Wild Bird Suet Value Insect Block 300 g (Pack of 10)
Suet to Go Wild Bird Suet Value Insect Block 300 g (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tits, some finches, woodpecker love these, a must have in my garden along with seeds and nuts, 29 May 2015
Birds can't get enough of these as well as the squirrels but there is enough for everyone. Seems to draw in woodpecker which is always a pleasure to see.

Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player
Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but if using Plex app Roku better option, 29 May 2015
Recently purchased this as well as a Roku stick as well. Although the specs seem to stack up quite well for the fire stick the user expereince is not as slick when usinh apps as the Roku. Yes for Amazon it is great but we watch other things aside from Amazon content. Given I can get Amazon on the Roku with the benefit of hindsight would just stick with the Roku.

The particular issues I faced related to using Plex app which might be general to the Android implementation rather than the Firestick itself but neverthless from install to using it is just a whole load better on the Roku. Its quicker, easier to install and in use would not buffer as much as the Firestick.

Also with the Firestick the buttons on the remote are a tad smaller than the Roku and I what is on each key is too small for me to read without glasses. The positioning of the Roku keys just seems a bit more easier but on both not so many buttons and if you just used one guess you would get quickly used to it.

Racksoy Professional Bluetooth CSR 4.0 Mini USB Dongle Adapter For PC Laptop (Square) Compatible with Window XP / Vista / Windows 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit), Windows 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) Black
Offered by MyArmor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy install to connect keyboard in Windows- with no issues, 29 May 2015
Very pleased with this little device. Was looking for a cost effective way for my non bluetooth desktop Windows 8.1 PC to use an old bluetooth keyboard I have.

Simply installed into a USB 2.0 port and within seconds Windows idnetified the device, loaded the drivers and bluetooth was now enabled on the PC. Went into change settings / devices / bluetooth in Windows, hit the pair button on the keyboard and it appeared in the list of available devices on the PC I could pair with. Entered a code that Windows showed to ensure it was me pairing the keyboard and job done. It only took a few minutes from unpacking to keyboard working (what I am typing now with).

Very pleased for a few pounds to have enabled Bluetooth on a pc with any issues. Have enough of those elsewhere without having to worry about bluetooth settings as well!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5