Profile for Jessica Harris > Reviews

Content by Jessica Harris

Jessica Harris "Goldilockz" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ombar Raw Chocolate Probiotic Organic Coconut Choc Bar 38 g (Pack of 5)
Ombar Raw Chocolate Probiotic Organic Coconut Choc Bar 38 g (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect chocolate bar!, 17 Aug 2013
I gave up sugar earlier this year after realising that I was single-handedly keeping Cadburys afloat by the amount of Dairy Milk I was eating. My health has improved enormously as a result, but I still have the odd craving for chocolate. Ombars are my savior. They are absolutely delicious: rich, full of flavour and actually make you feel better after eating them, instead of the guilt/ sugar slump associated with conventional chocolate. A small bar may be 8 times the price of a shop-bought chocolate bar (admittedly, they are very small for the price) but for me, it's oney well-spent. Having tried every flavour in the range, the coconut is my favourite by far and melts in the mouth perfectly. The perfect chocolate bar!

King Soba Organic Black Rice Noodles 250 g (Pack of 6)
King Soba Organic Black Rice Noodles 250 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Natures Healthbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delish!, 16 July 2013
I have been on a wheat-free diet for a while and really miss pasta. I decided to try this range of soba/ rice noodles as I'd heard they were healthier than shop-bought noodles and pasta. WOW! Simply delicious. It has a subtle nutty texture and is filling yet moreish. I've now tried every product in the range and they're all absolutely delicious, even better than pasta. Pricier than a bag of spaghetti, yes, but healthier and much tastier.

Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)
Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to it, 28 May 2012
This song brings a tear to my eye every time I listen to it. It brings back memories of when it was first released and now, over a decade on, I am able to say that every single word of it is true. Forget self-help books, just listen to this wonderful song and take care of yourself. Wear sunscreen.

Restful Sleep- Guided Meditation for Self-Hypnosis
Restful Sleep- Guided Meditation for Self-Hypnosis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful MP3 for getting to sleep, 27 May 2012
I absolutely adore this MP3. I have been adjusting to a new shift pattern that means I have to fall asleep when it's light outside which have proven challenging. Listening to this MP3 has almost always sent me off to sleep, very often before the track has finished. The music and Bonnie's voice are so soothing that it will surely ease any tired mind. I have tried medications and other sleep aids in the past but this is the only one that has consistently worked. It's such good value and so effective, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Lip Service - Series 2 [DVD]
Lip Service - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruta Gedmintas

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic series!, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Lip Service - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This series is like nothing else on television. It can't be compared to the L-Word because, although both are lesbian dramas, they are so very different. I personally find the characters in Lip Service much more relatable and the storylines more gritty and true-to-life. This series is extremely different from the first. The focus is on different characters, some of which didn't appear in the first series, others of which only had minor roles. Sam is one of the main characters in this series and she is a terrific actress. I really liked the addition of Lexy, who fits in perfectly, and as usual, Tess is a joy to watch and empathise with. I was shocked at some of the storylines and admired the risks taken by the show's producers. I agree with the other reviewer that the series is too short and will be sadly missed on Friday nights while I await series 3. Long live Lip Service!

Electronic Earth [Explicit]
Electronic Earth [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent album!, 5 April 2012
I really enjoyed this album and have been listening to it on repeat for a few days on my journeys to and from work. It has a kind of electronic/ techno vibe to it which, if you are a fan of Tinie Tempah, is worth checking out. I particularly like the tracks Earthquake and Express Yourself, though there isn't a bad track on the album. If I had any criticism it's that there should have been one or two additional tracks. What definitely comes across to me is that Labrinth is a really nice guy, geniunely caring and has a real passion for music and isn't interested in fame. In this respect he stands out from others in the business. Although the album is 'explicit', I didn't notice any bad language and he certainly doesn'y call women 'b*tches' or 'h*es' like some do. He's young, talented, refreshing and unique. All in all, a fantastic album.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 7:28 AM GMT

Footloose [DVD]
Footloose [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kenny Wormald

1.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly disappointing, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Footloose [DVD] (DVD)
I rented this film based on the glowing reviews and my love for dance films such as the Step Up series. I was extremely disappointed. The storyline seemed to drag and the notion that dance was banned, when the school children were frequently engaging in more dangerous activities such as stock car racing and smashing bottles over each other's heads without any consequences, was a tad unconvincing. In addition, there was hardly ANY dancing in this film aside from a few mostly unimpressive dance sequences. The acting was forgettable, especially from the main boy, although the girl was marginally better. If you are looking for a great dance film that captures your attention and makes you want to boogie, you're better off watching the original.

Crazy, Stupid, Love [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Crazy, Stupid, Love [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Sentimental rubbish, 9 Mar 2012
I am astonished by the number of glowing reviews for this film. I found it to be unnecessarily long, patronising, cliched and sentimental. I lost interest after an hour or so (although watched it to the end as I hate to leave a film in the middle, no matter how bad). The acting was really unconvincing and the constant use of the word 'soulmate' really irritated me. There were a few funny moments but honestly, they were not worth watching this film for. If you have an ounce of intellect, I don't think you'll believe the acting in this film and it will probably leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Nothing actually happened in the film, the main event being that they are all connected in an overdone Love Actually way. Overall, appalling.

The Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (Toltec Wisdom)
The Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (Toltec Wisdom)
by Don Miguel Ruiz

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book., 26 Feb 2012
I have owned this book for a few years and it is one I often go back to. I have read the whole thing once, but the second agreement(don't take anything personally) has changed my life and having this book with me, I refer to this chapter often. It is good to know that nothing anyone does, whether positive or negative, is really about you, it's about them. This is something that more people should be taught, particularly people who are being bullied or abused. The book in general is common sense but has many lessons that we often need to be reminded of. I wish more people would read this book, or at least the second agreement.

The Artist [DVD]
The Artist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean Dujardin

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best films I have ever seen!, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Artist [DVD] (DVD)
Ironically, I was asked earlier today what my favourite film was. If I'd been asked this question a mere five hours later, I'd have answered 'The Artist'. I just returned home from the cinema and absolutely loved it. The acting (especially from the lead actor. His face is perfect for silent movies) was superb, the music was masterful, it was an all-round wonderful experience and a total feel-good film. It was extremely innovative and made me want to watch old silent movies. I will definitely be ordering this on DVD and, if you haven't already, I'd encourage anyone to see it in the cinema as it will transport you back to a time when films were less Hollywoodised and reliant on special effects, and more simple. A joy for all!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5