Profile for karmamama > Reviews

Charlie Bears - TicketyBoo - Minimo
Charlie Bears - TicketyBoo - Minimo
Offered by Dragon Toys UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond adorable, 9 Jan. 2014
I have a small collection of Charlie Bears.

Well....about 10...or more.

They are beautiful, well made and just full of personality.

My mother started buying me the Minimos for Christmas a few years ago. I have four....this little one makes five.

He is smaller than the others, but still adorable, beautifully made and a lovely addition to my collection. He makes a lovely little,brother to the other Minimos in my collection.

If you can't decide which minimo to buy......don't worry-you will be thrilled with whatever one you choose!

Thanks again Charlie and Company-another lovely bear added to my ever growing Hug!

Yoga - Conditioning For Weight Loss [2005] [DVD] [2002] [NTSC]
Yoga - Conditioning For Weight Loss [2005] [DVD] [2002] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Suzanne Deason
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent intro to Yoga., 9 Jan. 2014
I love this DVD.

Seriously-love it.

Its done at a good pace, no off putting twangy music, no hippy dippy "Can you feel it" rubbish.

This is the best gentle intro to yoga. I sent a nice stack of awful DVDs to charity. You can choose who to follow, you see how to adjust the pose for your level.

Will it help you loose weight? Well, not without a healthy diet and some other form of cardio exercise (just go out for a brisk walk everyday!)

Will you see and feel changes in your body?

Why....Yes-yes you will. You will find your posture improved, you will find your waist, arms, hips getting firmer. You will feel stronger, you will be more flexible.

Seriously-LOVE this DVD, and have recommended it to many people, most of whom enjoyed it.

I am an overweight woman who struggled to keep up with and get into positions other dvds tried to tell me were for beginners. Not this. You can start with the total novice and move up as you improve!

Try it, if you really want to incorporate some simple yoga into your life-this is a fabulous introduction.

Fitbit Zip - activity tracker - charcoal
Fitbit Zip - activity tracker - charcoal
Offered by MemoryVal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for motivation, 5 Sept. 2013
I kept seeing fitbit ads on facebook, and finally clicked on one to read about it. I liked the idea of the one you wear around your wrist, but quite frankly wasn't going to spend the cash on that. Also....don't really need something to monitor my sleeping. If i slept badly, i know it.

Then i saw the Zip. I had used pedometers before, but the clicking drove me nuts, and, quite frankly-they were a bit easy to "fool" as a run up the 14 steps to the upstairs of my house would register at 32 or something silly.

I found the fitbit flip on sale at Currys and decided to try it. I have lots of weight to loose, and needed something besides the size of my arse to motivate me. I also have a bad back which makes exercising a bit hit and miss. Walking, I can handle. I read about the NHS 10,000 steps challange and thought the Fitbit would be a big help.

It has indeed. It isn't oversensitive. 14 steps is 14 steps. I find myself checking in on the website to see how many steps i have done. It really makes me get up and move, which can only be a good thing! I've only had it a week and have already lost 4 pounds!

I like that it posts on your social media (if you choose) as i want people to see i walked 5 miles, not 2-another great motivator!

I have it linked to Myfitnesspal as well. It falls down there. I am sure it overestimates the calories burned, and gives you far to many calories to "eat back". Obviously, you can simply not eat back all of the calories-but this could be a problem if people were not aware of the over estimation.

I have had no issues with it not syncing with my Mac. it was easy to set up and pretty self explanitory to use.

All in all, as a motivator, its a great little tool. Waterproofing it would be a great idea!

AS long as people aren't expecting the world from this little device, it really is a nice piece of kit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 8:02 AM GMT

Kipling Womens Alvar Cross-Body Bag
Kipling Womens Alvar Cross-Body Bag
Price: £58.50 - £65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite kipling so far!, 8 May 2012
I am a HUGE Kipling fan.I have many bags of many sizes and many colors.

When I saw this bag-in Tangerine Block......I HAD to have it. I tried and tried to talk myself out of it. (ok-didn't try THAT hard....but-I DID hesitate!)I have a fab Kipling Keefe bag in Antique fuchsia for for summer-so really didn't NEED a new bag.

I decided to sleep on it....after drooling for several days over the beauty that is this bag.

I got up the next day-and low and behold-there was a 25% VOUCHER CODE in my email box!

YEAH BABY!

So.....I bought her. (note-Kipling bags are not its or him.....they are useful, beautiful, and strong-so OBVIOUSLY female)

She arrived this morning (purchased Friday-recieved Tuesday after a bank holiday-pretty amazing for FREE SHIPPING!)I am beyond thrilled with her. The colors are beautiful, vibrant and fun for summer colors! I had not seen the Alvar anywhere so wasn't sure about the size. I need not have worried-it is the perfect everday bag size. I can fit everything I need for average day-and then some. It fits perfectly over my ample figure-and lies flat. It hangs well as a shoulder bag too!

Oh....and the monkey......two tone fluffy monkey wearing sunglasses! Perfect companion to the perfect bag.

I can see this bag being a firm favorite for YEARS to come! (lets face it-they last FOREVER!)

I would like to say-also, the price was better then any website I saw-take of the 25% and I got me a bargin, girls!

If you are thinking about buying this bag-DO IT!!!!!!

Inch Loss Yoga - Hatha Yoga for Toning - Fit for Life Series [DVD]
Inch Loss Yoga - Hatha Yoga for Toning - Fit for Life Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Susan Fulton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic introduction to yoga, 2 Feb. 2012
I have been dipping my toes into yoga for just under a year. I started off doing short shows on Sky Channel Body In Balance. I then purchased a DVD of one of the shows-to get the full routine. I have been doing Gaiams Yoga conditioning for weight loss with Susanne Deason, and love it-and have had really good results. I felt I needed some variety, some new postures added to my routine-so started looking for a second DVD so I could alternate. After reading about a million reviews on all the dvds here on Amazon-This is the DVD I chose. I am SO glad I did! It is exactly what I was looking for! It's a different approach, different asanas that challange me-yet don't discourage me. Also-the instructor-Susan Fulton is lovely and quietly encuraging, she is also very Real. Nice to have a teacher who looks like she lives in the real world and practices what she preaches-and not some lycra clad gym bunny!!!!

Yoga Conditioning For Weight Loss [DVD]
Yoga Conditioning For Weight Loss [DVD]
Offered by Online4DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic introduction to yoga, 23 Jan. 2012
I had been playing around with different yoga shows on channel Body in Balance for a few months. I need to loose alot of weight-but wanted a more holistic approach to loosing weight and improving my fitness levels.(There was a edited 30 minute version that I tried of this DVD) The shows on BIB are great-but too short! SO-Im saw this DVD-and that it had 4 levels to choose from. I purchased it.

I have NOT looked back since! I started of somewhat flexible, but obviously had fat to work around (222 pounds worth!) I kept going. 5 days a week. 3 months down the road-I am far more flexible, stronger and leaner. I have lost 30 pounds (also due to healthy eating!)I am gaining definition in my core, arms, legs-I have discover I actually DO have a waist! I have lost 4 inches from my chest, 6 inches from my waist, 4 inches from my hips!

I LOVE this DVD-i feel fantastic after I do it-and on the days I simply don't have the time-I either try to squeeze in the shorted version that I have save to sky box, or miss it terribly!

No, you won't drop 50 pounds in a month doing this DVD-but you will reap the health benefits (I am SOOOO flexible now!)and reshape your body. You WILL see results if you put the effort in. You will find yourself being able to go deeper into poses, hold them longer-and finally do poses you just couldn't when you first started!

I am now looking for a Next step up kind of video. I want something a but more advanced (that doesn't have me standing on my head-I am still a BIG girl!lol)-I will still use this DVD, but want something a bit MORE to do 2 days a week. Any suggestions?

Seriously-yoga is like life-you get what you put into it. Put in the effort and its worth it!

Namaste!

Dear Frankie [DVD]
Dear Frankie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emily Mortimer
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing little film, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Dear Frankie [DVD] (DVD)
I had never heard of this flm. My husband sky+ it for us to watch. He does this alot-and usually, I HATE the film he chooses.

I thought, to be honest-it sounded like an overly sentimental load of rubbish. I mean-I KNEW how it was going to end right from the start. Why bother watching it.

I started off, kind of wtching it while reading. I kept getting pulled back to the film. The actors MADE me watch them. I couldn't help but be drawn to them. This was supposed to be a silly one dimentional movie. I wasn't supposed to care. The characters were supposed to be flat. Yeah-shot in Glasgow, nice and gritty-cliche even.

The movie was just too well acted for that to come true. Understated, yet efective performances by everyone.

I ended up LOVING this film, and my heart cheered the ending-even though I saw it coming right from the start.

I can only say see it, you won't regret it.

Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]
Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for weight loss, 17 Jun. 2011
I purchased this to loose a bit of weight and tone up. I have been wanting to try yoga, but never thought of it as a weightloss programme. My interest was peaked.

Ok. Louise is a wonderful teacher. She has a lovely calm manner-not one of those perky girls grinning ear to ear shouting at you "Come On-You can do it!" Her voice is NOT annoying, and her accent is perfectly understandable. I don't understand the gripes other reviewers had with that.

The exercises vary in difficulty, some of them are NOT for beginners or anyone who has some weight to loose. You need to use your brain and common sense, and/or follow the beginner versions. One complaint-they didn't SHOW the beginner often enough.

For getting a good streatch, and gaining flexiblity-this is a fab dvd. I found it enjoyable to use. Is it yoga? No-but, it doesn't claim to be. Is it pilates? No-again-doesn't make that claim. It is a fusion of the two-both are excellent ways of toning up and becoming more limber. Both are important to your overall health and well being-and doing them will help keep you fit as you get older.

I have been using this a few months now-and have noticed I am more flexible, and I can see some toning results. If that is what you are after-this is the DVD for you!

If you are after weight loss as well-you are going to have to add some cardio to your workouts.

In short-I would recommend this dvd to a friend-with the added explaination of You won't loose weight-but will feel better for having done this workout.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2011 4:16 PM BST