Profile for Laura > Reviews

Laura

Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions
Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 July 2015
Great, but weather is not 100% accurate. Nice to look at tho.

The Cambridge Star Atlas
The Cambridge Star Atlas
by Wil Tirion
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow factor!, 24 Oct. 2012
I just received mine today in the post and this product is fantastic! I did an enormous amount of shopping around as I am more than just a beginner in astronomy but was really struggling to get the look in the charts I was looking for. Ther also was a lack of photos on the Internet of an example star chart page so it was a little bit of a guess to go for this atlas. One thing I really wanted was to have the constellation dots joined up with a faint line. I thought I had read that this atlas didn't do that but it most certainly does in this edition.

Another real bonus is to see the large nebula and other dso's actually to scale. This will make it easier for me to spot faint objects (as I missed andromeda by thinking it was smaller than it was). Ring binding is great and if course the stats that accompany each chart are what I was after. For instance the Messier index includes the magnitudes of all the objects which is handy. Good use of colors on the chats so you intuitively know if objects are clusters, nebula, etc.

More Ketchup than Salsa
More Ketchup than Salsa

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, 2 Nov. 2011
A fabulous holiday read. Funny and sad in places but not to be put down till its finished. Looking forward to the sequel Joe!