Profile for Albita > Reviews

Belkin Multi-purpose AV and charging Cable
Belkin Multi-purpose AV and charging Cable
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well (depending on Apple upgrade)!, 14 July 2014
The Apple upgrades meant that for many months this product was rendered useless with my ipad/iPhone. A shame as it was really useful to stream Cbeebies programmes on my kids' tv.

Fortunately, the recent ios7 upgrade means that AV output works again via this cable. Woo hoo!

I Am Slave [DVD]
I Am Slave [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wunmi Mosaku

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving story!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: I Am Slave [DVD] (DVD)
Sad and very real story retold beautifully! Brilliant acting, directing, photography. I loved everything about the film and, quite rightly, was very moved by the very real story.

Fosmon® Samsung Galaxy S5 S V 2014 (HYBO-RAGGED) Dual Layer Protection Heavy Duty Hybrid Case Cover with Built In Stand for Samsung Galaxy S5 SV S V - Fosmon Retail Packaging (Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

The Land of Stories: 02 The Enchantress Returns
The Land of Stories: 02 The Enchantress Returns
by Chris Colfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted reading experience!, 14 July 2014
My 9-yr old son is so excited to start reading this book. We read the first book to each other so that I could check on his reading level and so that I could read a bit to him too. I love reading to my kids but they get to a certain age where being read to is 'not the done thing'.

We both loved the book and enjoyed the reading experience, so much so that when my son learned there was a second book he begged me to get it for him. We get started on the book tonight and book three is hidden away until his birthday in a few weeks.

Children's Film Foundation Collection: The Race is On - (Soapbox Derby | Sky-Bike | Sammy's Super T-Shirt) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Reggie Winch

5.0 out of 5 stars Sammy's still a winner!, 14 July 2014
I run a kids' Saturday morning film club where we screen new and old films. We'd been waiting for the chance to screen Sammy's Super T-shirt and we weren't let down. Kids and adults sat enthralled through the entire film. Very nostalgic for the adults watching and the fab response from the kids (ages 2 - 11) proved that in the age of CGI, this film has stood the test of time!

Thank you CFF!

Thanks also to the BFI for recognising the public appeal of these films.

Point Blanc: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider)
Point Blanc: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up from our kids., 14 July 2014
My son loved this series of books. Comics and graphic novels are a fab way for engaging boys in reading at an early age.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 July 2014
Warning: this cable DOES NOT WORK on Galaxy S5 phones!

The Green Investing Handbook: A Detailed Investment Guide To The Technologies And Companies Involved In The Sustainability Revolution
by Nick Hanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Green investments for dummies., 5 Nov. 2010
This is a well laid out, easy-to-read guide for those interested in, or considering green investments. I have been considering it for some years now, but didn't really know where to start. The odd article in the broadsheets were good, but they still left me clueless about getting started. This book, however, sets it all out in a clear and simple way.

An excellent resource for those of us who want to put our money into investments which make a positive difference!