Profile for J. Walker > Reviews

Content by J. Walker

J. Walker

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First HD Projector, 15 Jan 2008
The reason that I went for this projector is that it works well from virtually anywhere in the room as it has a horizontal as well as a vertical keystone adjustment. This was vital for my set up as I'm projecting diagonally across a small room onto a wall which is only 175cm away. At that short distance I still get a picture size of 60" which is more than enough.

The picture quality is excellent, and there are plenty of options for adjusting colour etc to get the picture exactly right for your needs.

It has one HDMI input, two component inputs, one composite and one PC input and works extremely well with Xbox 360, PS3 and as is hooked up as a second monitor for my MAC.

The on screen menu is very well laid out and has all the options you'd expect to find. The remote control gives you access to all the projector's features and is also back lit which is very helpful in a darkened room.

Scooby Doo! 2 Monsters Unleashed (GBA)
Scooby Doo! 2 Monsters Unleashed (GBA)
Offered by sicodaddy
Price: 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 28 Dec 2005
I couldn't disagree more with the other reviewers here. This game has clunky graphics, terrible collision detection, ropey animation and lazy level design. I bought it as a Christmas present for my five year old nephew who loves Scooby Doo but hated this game. Luckily I'd also bought him Crash Bandicoot for his GBA too which is an excellent game so that saved the day. This is just another example of cobbling together a game as quickly as possible to sell it on the back of the success of the movie.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (Xbox)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online
Price: 14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The first great game in the big Christmas lineup!, 5 Oct 2002
I had no intention of buying this game initially as none of the reviews I'd read had given it a top rating. I wanted to save my pennies for the big upcoming games like Splinter Cell, Blinx, Unreal and the rest of the top scorers in the Christmas lineup. In a moment of weakness I decided to splurge and bought it after all. I was in no way disappointed. The only bad thing going for this game is in the timing of its release as it's somewhat overshadowed by the others in the pipeline.
This has to be one of the most graphically impressive games I've seen so far on the Xbox. The atmosphere it creates is intense as it's packed with effects such as movie like lightning and your shadow rushing past you as you run past the hanging lights in the subway.
The game play is very satisfying and gives you complete freedom to choose whether to blast your way through the levels or stealthily make your way to each hit with a minimal number of casualties. The latter is a lot more satisfying and strolling past six policemen armed to the teeth without raising their suspicions will have you on the edge of your seat!
If you're sitting on your hands waiting for the likes of Blinx, Splinter Cell and Unreal then I'd recommend you buy this game. For me it's the first great game in the Xbox Christmas lineup.