Profile for Karen Douglas > Reviews

Content by Karen Douglas

Karen Douglas

Page: 1 | 2
The Maltese Dahlia (An Inspector Thea Spiteri Crime Story Book 2)
The Maltese Dahlia (An Inspector Thea Spiteri Crime Story Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this story, 25 Mar. 2015
Having read 'The Maltese Orphans' in one go, I was prepared this time. I waited until I had a full day to read this. I really enjoyed this story, the twists and turns were credible whilst making me think WHAT!!!!. Thea is becoming a real character and I can see her progressing through more cases. Who knew there was so many yummy places to eat and drink in Malta. Definitely on my bucket list of places to visit. Keep Thea going and when is the next book out?

SORCERER (The Elemental Magic Series Book 1)
SORCERER (The Elemental Magic Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling and easy reading, 2 Jan. 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were easy to relate to, the story was well constructed. I am looking forward to the next book. I can see me making this one if my favourites. Reminds me of David Eddings writing style.

Furies Of Calderon: The Codex Alera: Book One
Furies Of Calderon: The Codex Alera: Book One

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written, 28 Nov. 2014
Loved this story,was recommended by a friend. I am not a great lover of battle scenes but could skim read whilst not losing the thread of the tale. Hope book 2 is as good......Characters are believable and the challenges are exciting.

The Maltese Orphans: An Inspector Thea Spiteri Crime Story
The Maltese Orphans: An Inspector Thea Spiteri Crime Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this book and I want to read more, 3 Nov. 2014
I heard about this book on facebook and thought why not. I stayed up until 3:30 am praying my kindle would not run out of charge and allow me to finish. Long time since a book has captured my attention in this way. No spoilers in this review...The story is current the plot is very believable and has you caught up in the personalities of the characters early on...Highly recommend this book and I want to read more.

Guess The Emoji
Guess The Emoji

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game with a gremlin, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Guess The Emoji (App)
A friend got me hooked on this and I really do think it is fab. Really frustrating when you try and ask for help via Facebook and it doesn't show, Grrrrrr I am hoping this review will a) give me coins to get the hint I need and b) get the game folks to fix the gremlins.

From Glasgow to Ghost
From Glasgow to Ghost

5.0 out of 5 stars .fabulous, 16 Jan. 2014
A wonderful book, enthralling and gripping. Well described, I could feel the emotions, laughter, tears and fear. Will be looking for another good read from this author.

Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae, Book 2)
Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Gems, 12 Jan. 2014
If you love fantasy, romance...action and a real good plot then look no further than India Drummond Fae series. I rarely write reviews but am so enjoying the books. Love the link between the real world and as I live in Scotland I kow the places which India describes so wonderfully....Can't recommend higher...A great way to pass a Sunday in front of a roaring fire.

Chucking It All - How Downshifting to a Windswept Scottish Island Did Absolutely Nothing to Improve My Quality of Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny but cruel, 5 Nov. 2013
I enjoyed the storyline and could relate as a ferry louper myself. Just wish it had been kinder to real folks.

Rivals
Rivals

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all the books, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Rivals (Kindle Edition)
Jilly Cooper has been like a best friend for years. Her ability to create believable characters is surely a special gift. The storyline is captivating, entertaining and well written. Her books are in chronological order with Riders being first, however each book is a complete story. Great easy reading.

A Modern Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 1)
A Modern Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 28 Sept. 2013
Light hearted,warm, indulgent,loved every word. This mixture of love and magic works really well. Easy reading which makes you feel good.

Page: 1 | 2