Profile for Lucy > Reviews

Content by Lucy

Lucy "Book Bat" (UK)

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (Kate Linton Series)
Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (Kate Linton Series)
by Joanna Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, so please hurry up with the next book Joanna ;), 10 Sept. 2012
I enjoyed this book and found it very well written and the plot thought out fantastically. The relationship between Kate and Brown takes centre stage along with the crime they are solving. I found this very easy to get into. Very well done to Joanna. I can't wait to read book number 3 !!Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (Kate Linton Series)

Logan's Run [DVD] [1976]
Logan's Run [DVD] [1976]
Dvd ~ Michael York

5.0 out of 5 stars great escape of the future, 15 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Logan's Run [DVD] [1976] (DVD)
It has been 30 years or so since I last saw this. As a mere teenager it had a long-lasting impact on me. Getting to age 30 always struck me as end of (young) life ! I am glad to say that having made it past 30 that life is good, if not better than twenty-something! This movie is an underrated classic. I watch it now without the trepidation from when I was 14. The film is about young men and women enjoying themselves until they reach 30 when they are called to carousel... which is a ritual for so-called renewal but basically kills them off. Logan 5 (Michael Yorke) is a sandman who terminates 'runners', people who want to live beyond 30. He finds the truth that no one is renewed and he himself goes on the run. I seem now to be watching alot of the scenes in the film with new eyes. I don't remember many of the scenes. This is a highly enjoyable film, Michael Yorke is a fine actor and he definitely makes the film watchable. So if you like futuristic films this is a great film to watch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2012 10:29 PM GMT

Sepulchre
Sepulchre
by Kate Mosse

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it...!, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Sepulchre (Paperback)
I have read some not-so-great reviews about Sepulchre here and despite this I went ahead and bought it. And I'm so glad I did. It is more gripping in my opinion than Labyrinth and I would thoroughly recommend this book. It is written in a similar format to Labyrinth and once you get used to the chopping and changing of the time periods, this book is a well written, entertaining read. I find I like Kate Mosse's style of writing and her 'skimming' of the history of the piece, informative without being too long and drawn out. It is categorically a thumbs up from me.

Transformers Universe Legends Beechcomber
Transformers Universe Legends Beechcomber
Offered by Smaller World Future

4.0 out of 5 stars Beachcomber transformer is worth every penny, 10 Feb. 2010
My son lost his original Beachcomber transformer which we purchased abroad. Finding this on Amazon was great and it really made his Christmas to have a replacement. It is very durable and he has alot of playtime with it.

An Island in Greece: On the Shores of Skopelos
An Island in Greece: On the Shores of Skopelos
by Michael Carroll

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I thought it would be, 10 Feb. 2010
I really wish I had not bothered with this book, because although there are some mildly amusing little tales, on the whole I found it not at all interesting. I won't be buying more books from this author in future. I would probably recommend this kind of book to sailing enthusiasts only.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2010 10:36 AM BST