ARRAY(0xabcc26f0)

Profile for Nadia > Reviews

Content by Nadia

Nadia

The Optimum Nutrition Bible: The Book You Have To Read If Your Care About Your Health: The Book You Have to Read If You Care About Your Health
by Patrick Holford BSc DipION FBANT NTCRP
Price: 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Review based on only having read a little bit so far- Excellent, High Value!, 30 Mar 2012
I haven't yet read more than a fraction of this book but I am very much looking forward to doing so! Before I finish, though, I want to share my first impressions with anyone that is considering getting a copy. Simply fantastic reading! So far, I've learnt about Vitamin C and how our bodies stopped producing it because we ate so much fruit. That must've been like thousands of years ago. Also we used to be a lot healthier until the industrial revolution when we moved from the countryside to the towns and that's when we turned more and more unhealthy (though that's probably nothing new to most of us!). Anyway, yep, fun and informative! Well worth a read for anyone that cares about their health :)

It's Just a Thought-- But It Could Change Your Life: Life's Little Lessons on Leadership
by John C. Maxwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Words of wisdom, good ones, as well..., 8 Jan 2012
Was in fact half expecting more of a story than just quotes, for some reason. However, there are some very good quotes in there, perfect for Status Updates on Facebook for instance!

How To Be Smart With Your Money
How To Be Smart With Your Money
by Duncan Bannatyne
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Informal yet clear style of writing with practical advice :), 2 Jan 2012
I read this on the bus to and from work, as well as in my breaks at work. Good advice and food for thought! I had also thought about why salaries are said in years in Britain and in months in Finland, given that most expenses in both countries are stated in how much they come to per month. And not just a matter of just dividing by 12 either, considering stuff like tax and NIC. A mathemathetical explanation follows to demonstrate, but generally speaking, well written and using an informal yet clear style.

Your Money or Your Life: A Practical Guide to Solving Your Financial Problems and Affording a Life You'll Love
by Alvin Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic! :), 11 Dec 2011
Simply fantastic reading! I do have life insurance and critical illness and whatever else to cover the loan that I took out, but though the bank went through this with me, and I'm sure they did so properly. I never fully understood it. Now it makes sense and I will look at reviewing the policy! I am one of those people that needs to read something or, better yet, write it down myself, not just hear it, to learn it properly. Also very interesting psychology in there, about dealing with urges to spend money on things just after payday, about teaching kids about budgeting, about setting a good example yourself, about dealing with kids and events like Christmas..(kids don't NEED loads of presents!)...all kinds of stuff like that! Simply awesome :)