Profile for runjnee > Reviews

runjnee (London, UK)

Indra Medium Stitched and Embossed Leather Journal with clasp 110 x 160 mm
Indra Medium Stitched and Embossed Leather Journal with clasp 110 x 160 mm
Offered by Paper High

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, here's some info for prospective buyers, 12 Dec 2013
I love this journal. I bought one for myself and one as a gift (sorry, I couldn't resist!) It is a beautiful product of the highest quality. I have been writing in it for awhile now and really enjoy the experience. People do need to be aware of a few things when looking to buy it, though:
1. It really is 11 cm x 16 cm. That means it is about a cm taller and an inch wider than my galaxy note phone. What I'm trying to say is that this is not a big desk journal, or even an average A5 book. It is more pocket size (except for the fact that it is over an inch thick).
2. This is handmade paper - expect scratchiness and stains. That's what adds to the character. Also be very careful in your choice of pens. A normal ballpoint or gel should be fine.
3. The cover is real leather. So when you open the book for the first time, wipe down the insides of the front and back cover so you don't stain your hands.
4. This has bunches of paper stitched to the spine so you cannot lay it flat.

Know what you're getting going in. If you do buy it after that, you will not be disappointed. And you'll have done a good deed for a tiny cottage industry.

VividShield New Nexus 7 2 (2013) Invisible Clear Screen Protector - 3 Pack Screen Guard / Shield (Displayschutzfolie, Protecteurs D'écran, Pellicola Protettiva)
Offered by inno-in

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not as per the listing image, 20 Nov 2013
I purchased this screen protector for my new tablet specifically because the image in the listing has a circular cut-out purely for the camera. A lot of other screen guards have a long cylindrical cut-out for the camera and the sensor, and I preferred this design so I ordered it. The one that arrived, however, had the cylindrical cut-out instead of what was advertised, so I have returned it. I have not used it so I cannot speak to the quality of the item.

SUNNY SAVERS SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000 GT-N7000 BLACK 'S' WAVE GEL / SILICONE / HYBRID CASE COVER SKIN WITH FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 3 Sep 2012
The case is pretty good, considering the price point. It's sturdy and easy to put on, and gives me a good grip on my phone, especially with the coarse surface on the sides.

Negatives - unable to connect my charger when the case is on; the back looks a little cheap with a dull matte finish combined with a plasticky 'S'. Mine also arrived with a couple of scratches.

The screen protector is totally useless - it's not cut to the right size at all and I didn't have the heart to ruin this beautiful phone with it. But obviously you are paying for the case here anyway.

Why 4 stars even then? This is a good product for the price. If you're looking for a case because you've bought your phone and want to use it immediately, this is a good choice. You might want to splurge a bit later on and get another one, though.

Shotgun Gravy (Atlanta Burns Book 1)
Shotgun Gravy (Atlanta Burns Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Blown Away, 22 Mar 2012
I got this book when it was going for free because, while I'm a fan of Chuck's other work, I was a bit unsure about this new territory he was venturing into.

Turns out, Chuck is the master of his domain. And anything else he decides to try. The novella just blew me away. Atlanta Burns is a gritty teenager who has had some bad experiences, but unlike most of us she stood up to her bully and took care of things. She's now helping some other poor kids deal with their bullies, and getting into a whole load of trouble with just her trusty squirrel gun for support.

I loved the tone of the writing, I loved the sense of atmosphere and, most of all, I loved the colourful characters that just leapt off the page and squirmed into my brain, creating vivid images to go with everything that was happening.

If I have any complaints, it would be these two. First: like most books out there, this has a few typing errors that just burned themselves into my eyeballs. Every time it would make me cringe and think how I'd've offered free editing services just to make sure this book had come out perfect. I found only a handful of these (symbol instead of cymbal, your instead of you're, etc) so that's infinitely better than most books out there (in whatever published form), but I felt I had to point this out. Lesson for next time: if you think you've proofread enough, do it one more time.

Second: I felt like my heart was throbbing at a particular scene, just pumping in anticipation of what was surely going to be one more action-packed scene after this and BAM! Chuck pulled the rug out from under me and ended the story there. What?! This story was meant to be a novel, but sadly wasn't. Thankfully though, Kickstarter has managed to fund 2 full-length novel sequels to this gem, so I'm willing to forgive this.

Five stars fully awarded with no regrets and eagerly looking forward to the next time I will get to meet Atlanta.

Brabantia Bin Liner C, 10-12 Litre - 40 Bags
Brabantia Bin Liner C, 10-12 Litre - 40 Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you'd expect, 18 Mar 2012
These bags are brilliant. My building's garbage chute requires small to medium sized bags, and these are perfect for the job. They don't generally leak even if I accidentally dump in something with liquid in it, and they tie up quite neatly. All in all, a great little deal for the price.