Profile for Phil Boggild > Reviews

Content by Phil Boggild

Phil Boggild

Teeth Grinding Mouth Guard - Stop Snoring Night Guard with this Snore Mouthpiece - Also Helps with Sleep Apnea - Better than Doctor's NightGuard- Ez Sleep Aid - Custom Mold Sleep Solution Mouthpiece - Helps Cure Bruxism TMJ Symptoms - Stop Clenching, Grinding, Pain, and Chattering in Sleep with Best Bite Dental Occlusal Guard Nightguard Mouthguard - Best Sellers on Amazon - Money Back Guaranteed!
Offered by Universal Direct LLC

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed But Usable With Suction, 28 Jan. 2015
Bought for predictable reasons - to spare my long-suffering girlfriend further nights of misery having to listen to me sounding "Like a pig in labour".

The act of moulding the mouth guard is fairly straightforward, and it fits quite nicely. The problem with it is that it doesn't quite do what it's meant to do. The idea is that mouth guards like these are meant to stop your lower jaw from falling back and collapsing the top of your throat, therefore preventing the kinds of noises that have ruined my girlfriend's life.

If I lie on my back, my mouth will just open as normal and I'll snore, with or without the mouth guard. The fix I've found is to suck on the mouth guard so that my mouth is sealed shut. My jaw can't slip back, and I just breathe through my nose. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work like that though. It works for me, but I would not recommend it to others.

Mighty Bright Blue Xtraflex LED Book Light[Light ]
Mighty Bright Blue Xtraflex LED Book Light[Light ]

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small For Faces, 28 Jan. 2015
I bought this to replace a broken light that we were using with a mirror for make-up and general preening. "Mighty Bright" is probably a bit of a stretch, as the single LED doesn't give off nearly enough light for our purposes. As a reading light I'm sure it would be perfectly fine, but it was too small for faces.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 4:55 PM GMT

Jam: The Complete Series [DVD] [2000]
Jam: The Complete Series [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Christopher Morris
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jan. 2015
Incredibly funny pich-black comedy that still makes me laugh and cringe 15 years after I first saw it.

Fun For Feet Knitted Animal Booties - Dog Size:7 UK
Fun For Feet Knitted Animal Booties - Dog Size:7 UK
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Big-Footed Girlfriend Is a Fan, 28 Jan. 2015
Bought for my girlfriend as it amuses me to dress her up as different animals. She's a big fan of these, and they keep her feet warm. She has large feet for a girl - big clomping hooves - and these booties somehow keep them contained very comfortably. When you take into account that they're cute and hilarious, they're a solid purchase.

Alteya Organic Bulgarian Rose Water 500 ml - USDA Certified Organic
Alteya Organic Bulgarian Rose Water 500 ml - USDA Certified Organic

5.0 out of 5 stars Girlfriend Loves It., 28 Jan. 2015
I bought this after my girlfriend expressed the desire to start using rose water as a toner. We'd hunted around a few pharmacies and she was left empty-handed time and again, so when I sneakily bought this big beautiful bottle as one of her Christmas presents I thought it was a master stroke.

Naturally, she bought herself some in the interim - a sad looking little bottle of generic rose water with a label that looked like in was home made. Even though she initially decided that she'd use the small bottle up before using the Alteya rose water, she has ended up switching over early due to how much she prefers this one. It has a very light and natural floral smell, and she seems thoroughly happy with it as a toner.

Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette 50ml
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette 50ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, But Not My Taste, 28 Jan. 2015
I bought this fragrance without actually testing it first as I needed something new in a hurry, so I chose Terre D'Hermes based on the positive reviews it has.

I find it to be very strong, and rarely use more than a single squirt as it can be quite overpowering. It's a deep and woody smell that's a far cry from most citrus-based scents that seem to be popular at the moment. I've had some compliments, and it's definitely a very masculine and spicy fragrance, but I probably won't buy it again after it runs out.

iPhone 6S Case, TeckNet Slim Soft Gel TUP Textured Grip Case Cover 4.7" for Apple iPhone 6S 4.7 Inch Release on 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but the fit..., 11 May 2013
Ordered this for my new HTC One, so as to maintain the slim rectangular profile of the phone, and to allow me to still see the aluminium finish. It's certainly low-profile, and is a soft and flexible case that would probably absorb a small amount of shock, though primarily I want to protect my phone from scratches. It's translucent enough that you can clearly see the HTC logo through the back surface, and can even clearly read the smaller Beats Audio logo underneath. All of the cut-outs line up perfectly, and the volume and power buttons are unimpeded.

My problem with it is that though the sides of the case are very snug and remain flush against the phone, the same cannot be said for the top and bottom of the case. Here, despite the case fitting very tightly, the case bows slightly outwards. This breaks up the straight lines of the phone, and looks a little bit ugly. Critically though, it allows small pieces of detritus to enter the case, where they will sit between the case and your phone. I've just found a small amount of what looked like sugar sitting in there. Last week I actually found two small pieces of chocolate.

Presumably you could take this phone to the beach and end up getting sand inside your case, where it could conceivably rub between the case and phone and cause scratches. If you're investing in such a nice device as the HTC One, chances are you want your case to fit well and to provide protection, and unfortunately this case does neither. Handsome, cheap, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 4:20 PM BST

HTC One M7 (2013) Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector, amazing customer service., 3 May 2013
I decided to give this protector a shot after reading the other reviews. I've found that it's a truly crystal clear protector that in no way impedes touch screen functionality, and is invisible when using the phone. Media Devil have a number of tutorials and how-to videos on their site that walk you through the best way to apply the protector and tell you everything you need to know beforehand, which can be really helpful if this is the first time you're applying a screen protector yourself.

What really blew me away about this product and this company is that following some initial trouble with my application due to a bit of carelessness on my part, I emailed Media Devil for help and received an incredibly polite and helpful response from them in just 15 minutes. It's also worth mentioning that they put a couple of sweets in the envelope with my order, and a letter thanking me for choosing Media Devil - just a couple of really nice touches.

I'll definitely be using these protectors for any future devices.

The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1)
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1)
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Stephen King has ever written, 19 Jun. 2002
Foolishly, many believe that this, the first in The Dark Tower series was a departure from horror in a somewhat experimental move for King. This is nonsense, as The Gunslinger was started by Stephen King before he wrote any of his more popular books such as Carrie or IT, and is a work that took over a decade to complete. It is more than foolish however, to say that it is even possible to be a Stephen King fan and not like this book, for it represents King writing in an imaginative and astonishingly individual style that has never been exhibited in any of his other work. This and only this represents Stephen King at a time when the money and the success were nowhere on his list of priorities, and is the only book I have read by him where I have re-read a line just to try to appreciate the intelligence and enormous creative ability that has been poured into it. The story, baffling in both its' nature and potential is so much more subtle and gentle than others King has written that it makes one wonder however Stephen King could possibly have ended up writing in the way that he does today.
We meet in this, the first installment of the Dark Tower series, Roland of Gilead, the Last Gunslinger. He is a peace keeper whose world has begun to deteriorate and decay in many ways. Time has become affected, and changes day by day, and distances between locations grow steadily. The Last Gunslinger seeks the mysterious Man in Black, who he believe will give him necessary information to reach The Dark Tower, the centre of all things in the universe. It is Roland's belief that if he can reach The Dark Tower then he may be able to fix whatever has gone wrong there, and restore order to his world. What he will do when he gets there we don't know, we don't even know what the Dark Tower is precisely, but we do know that it is The Last Gunslinger's destiny to go there, for nothing else exists in his saddening and solemn existence but his urge to travel to the endless field of crimson roses, enter the Tower, and behold what lies within.
It's the fact that everything about this story is so much less blunt and harsh than its' successors and just about all of Kings other popular novels that make it one of the finest and most underrated literary works of the 20th century. The sequels that have been written so far (The Drawing of The Three, The Waste Lands and Wizard and Glass) are all less enjoyable than The Gunslinger, partly due to their additional supporting characters to The Gunslinger, and especially due to the frequent unnecessary references to King's other stories, they are written in a similar fashion to his other more popular books, and so those who do not like The Gunslinger will surely enjoy them. Only Wizard and Glass comes close to recreating the sense of awe experienced when reading The Gunslinger.
The bottom line is that this book shows King writing in ways that he has never written since, and shows his potential versatility as an author. I only hope that the further sequels (The Wolves of Calla, Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower) live up to the standrads set by this, the finest book that Stephen King has ever written, and the finest Stephen King book I have ever read.