Profile for J. A. Smith > Reviews

Fen
Fen
by Freya North

5.0 out of 5 stars Fen - tastic!!!, 27 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Fen (Paperback)
After reading Fen a few years ago and now reading the comments of other people I just had to write a review and say I can't believe the reviewers below didn't like it!! This was the first Freya North book I had read and I loved it!! I have now got the whole collection of her boks and cannot wait for her new book to come out April 2006 which is a catch up on all the sisters - Pip, Fen and Cat!! I would say to anyone who likes their chicklit with a bit of a difference then Freya's books are the ones for you!

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
by Olivia Goldsmith

5.0 out of 5 stars Goldsmith is a star!, 19 July 2004
This review is from: Wish Upon a Star (Paperback)
I have just finished reading Olivia Goldsmith's last ever book and I am deeply sad. Olivia died shortly after completing Wish Upon A Star. The book was a modern day fairy tale based in New York and London and about a woman called Claire who tries to build a new life for herself in a different city.
The book sometimes made me laugh out loud, other times it made me cry. The meaning of the book is espically sad when you realise it is the last book ever to be written by such a tallented writter. I shall miss her books very much.

Fast Friends
Fast Friends
by Jill Mansell

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have read!!!, 5 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Fast Friends (Paperback)
I am a huge lover of Jill Mansell Books but this has to be her best to date. I couldn't put it down and I enjoyed savouring every moment of it.
All the characters are very loverable (bar one who sets out to ruin Camilla's life - Roz) and very funny.
I also found this book very inspiring because when I read it I was going through a bad patch in my life but now I realise my lifes plain sailing compaired with Camilla's!
This book will make you laugh and cry but most of all it will make you want to read ALL of Jill Mansell's books!!