Profile for Riggs > Reviews

Premium In Car Holder Windscreen Suction Mount for HTC Desire HD
Premium In Car Holder Windscreen Suction Mount for HTC Desire HD
Offered by e4deal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy holder, 6 Oct. 2013
Received this last week and first impressions are good. The holder sticks to the windscreen like glue, even once I released the clamp I really struggled to get it off the windscreen which was reassuring. The clamp appears easily adjustable to get the phone in a number of positions. Very happy so far.

10km Binatone Action 1000 Long Range Two Way Radio Twin Set + 2 x Comtech CM-20PT PTT Headsets
Offered by Comtechlogic®

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clear headphones, 6 Oct. 2013
Bought these for cycling with my daughter on the back. Have yet to use for this purpose as she's developed a phobia of putting things in her ear since she had to be knocked at in hospital to have a bead removed from her ear which she shoved in at nursery.

Anyway, took these abroad on holiday to avoid call charges on the mobiles. They worked excellent. We have 2 young children and are often separated if one needs to go to the toilet or wants to do something the other doesn't, etc. Test in Lyon, with had a number of high sided buildings. The reception remained clear when we tested over a couple of miles. Also tested numerous times over a shorter range indoors with good reception. We only took these on the off chance so didn't pack the chargers and happy to say the battery life was excellent, we used for an hour or so each day for 10 days and the battery only died at the airport. Will without doubt take them on holiday again.

In terms of negative points - there is a slight delay when you press the talk button before you can talk, a tad annoying. I haven't really used the earpiece much but the cable seems a bit ackward.

None of these are a big deal, would highly recommend and may buy another couple when the kids are older.

headphone large size cases 24cm x 20cm x 10cm for AKG K271 K271MK2 K272 K272HD 272 MKII K240 MKII K550 K240 K240S K242 AKG K240 MKIIs K242 K242HD K121S K141MK2 K142HD K141 K44 K55 K66 K77 K99 K540 K511 K512 K512MKII K514 K514MK2 Sennheiser HD650 HD600 HD515 HD518 HD555 HD558 HD580 HD595 HD598 hd418 HD428 HD438 HD448 HD439 HD449 HD215 HD485 HD465 HD435 HD425 HD430 HD250 HD540 HD560 HD380 PC350 HMEC250 Sony MDR-XB200 XB400 XB600 ZX700 mdr-7506 v6 v700 z700 v500 xd900 mdr xb500 xb700 MDR-7509HD MDR-V900HD V600 Audio Technica ATH-M30 M40 M50 TECHNICS RP-DH1200 beats by dr.dre studio Steelseries Siberia V1 V2 Gaming Headset and other large size headphones
Offered by Audio123 LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy case for headphones and others, 6 Oct. 2013
This is a good size case for my Sennheiser HD449 headphones. In the same box it also holds my Sennheiser PMX80 running headphones, my Sansa clip mp3 player, memory stick, various cables and even squeezed in 2x Binatone walkie talkies. It includes a small pouch to hold the smaller items which velcros to the inside. The zip opens around the middle (like in a suitcase).

I am perfectly happy with it and would recommend and am already considering a 2nd one for holding some other electrical items. My only small negative point (which is why it isn't 5 star) is that the case isn't a hard case which might have been better.

Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for tiles, 3 Sept. 2013
Bought this more for the bathroom than the windows. Was fed up with getting mould around the bath. I now use the vac after every shower on the tiles, shower screen and bathroom window. All are bone dry and squeaky clean after use, no mould so far. It takes very little time or effort to do each time (certainly less than re-applying the silicone every few months), probably under a minute. The amount of water collected is impressive.

The washer bottle is handy too - I've also used the washer and vac on both the windows and car windscreen (wouldn't touch the paintwork just in case). The results are impressive on the windows, on the car I find it dries in very quickly before I've had a chance to vac fully. The washer cloth is easy to clean in the washing machine.

One not so obvious but handy feature is cleaning up spills. We've 2 young children and it has come in handy drying up split juice. We also stay across the street from a park with a slide. When it rains, which is often, the park gets wet, putting the slide out of use for most of the day, even if it stops raining. That was until we could grab the Karcher and quickly dry it, much to the delight of the kids in the street.

It is growing on me. Would recommend.

Car + Home Stereo Aux Auxiliary AUX-IN 3.5mm Audio Input Cable / Lead, (1.2m) for iPod, iPhone 6,6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphone, phones, mp3 music players, tablets and computers
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable for listening to tablet in car, 3 Sept. 2013
Bought this cable so the kids can watch the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2) in the car (Honda CR-V) via the speakers. Had initially tried the bluetooth option but found the sound was out of sync with the video. This cable does the job perfectly, easy to plug in to tablet and car, sound is clear.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy bin liner, 3 Sept. 2013
Started buying these bin liners for our 30L Barbantia bin last year. I used to use the Barbantia liners which at first were excellent but I believe they changed the design a few years back and found that the liners often burst or the cord ripped when taking the liners out when the bin was full. These simplehuman liners do the job well, very sturdy and haven't yet split. I would recommend to anyone.

Craghoppers Mens Classic Kiwi Zip Off Convertible Walking Trousers -Elephant, Short-32 Inch (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and practical shorts and trousers, 3 Sept. 2013
I've been buying the Craghoppers Kiwi trousers for a numer of years now but only in the last year tried these zip of short trousers. I find the trousers and shorts very comfortable (I do a lot of cycling so have musular legs which often make trousers feel uncomfortable). They are very practical with a number of pockets, all of which are included in the shorts. It is very simple to convert to shorts, just a quick zip on each leg. It is just as easy to re-attach the leg. I will buy again and would recommend.

Philips HD9132/01 Jamie Oliver Steamer with Bain Marie and Flavour Booster, 900 Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent steamer, better than Tefal, 13 Aug. 2013
Bought this steamer as my 7 year Tefal had seen better days. I tried to do as much research but there isn't much information out there. I knew what I wanted as I use my steamer 3-4 times a week for mainly veg, salmon and rice (occasionally Haggis) so fairly heavy use. The Tefal worked well enough at first but most of the baskets and inserts broke or cracked over time. The unit itself also got really dirty over time even after descaling. Also the vitamin plus feature (button which heats the unit up quickly) sometimes stuck on overcooking the food and running the water dry. Anyway enough about the old steamer.

The Jamie Oliver steamer is excellent. The inserts for the basket are much sturdier so doubt they'll break, although the baskets themself seem pretty similar to the Tefal, hopefully they'll last longer. The part of the unit for trapping the drip is designed much better than the Tefal, much easier to lift out and clean (and fill up the water reservoir). Can't say I care either way about the herb infuser, it did seem to give the food a hint of flavour but can I be bothered filling up each time (it's not that much hassle and certainly not a bad feature). The best part of this steamer however is how it cooks the food and how it tastes. It is slower to get going than the Tefal, so takes around 5 mins longer to cook (doesn't matter how long you're cooking), but it seems to cook warmer without using as much water. I've never even managed to use half the water in the unit whereas the Tefal would frequently run out. The food therefore is much better tasting than the Tefal as it isn't soggy/saturated. With the Tefal we had to cut the potatoes as it wasn't warm enough to cook them through, the Jamie Oliver cooks them through and they taste perfect. The Marie Bain bowl is also excellent for cooking rice, it is much larger than the Tefal rice bowl, meaning we can use it for entertaining as it can hold more.

I think some reviews mentioned poor instructions, having used the Tefal for so long I didn't really need any, but I do seem to remember the instructions being poor. This shouldn't put off beginners, it's not really that difficult - fill up the unit, put items in the bowls and experiment to see how long they take to cook. Cooking rice, pasta, etc in the bowl with boiling water (in the bowl not the unit).

In summary, love this steamer and would highly recommend.

simplehuman Compact Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, 237 ml - Black
simplehuman Compact Sensor Pump with Soap Sample, 237 ml - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for kids and better than previous model, 12 Aug. 2013
I already own 2 of the previous model simplehuman soap dispensors which are excellent for children, especially when they're younger and haven't the strength to use the manual push soap. The kids love using it, you may go through a bit more soap to begin with (we use supermarket own brand soap refils which work fine) but it really encourages them to wash their hands. My youngest (14 months) already loves using it, my eldest (4 yrs) has been using it for years. I can honestly say she never forgets or complains about washing her hands.

The pump itself is a step up from the previous model (for a start I've had no issues with it yet - the previous models seemed a bit flakey). I like the fact you can see how much soap is left (as the only real downside is it only holds 250ml which isn't much but I'd rather that than a bigger size). The sensor reacts ridiculously quickly, it's effectively instantaneous (much quicker than the dettol one I tried before). It's a lot easier to change the batteries than the previous model (I think the battery compartment is what caused the issues with the previous models). Battery life is also decent (lasts easily 3-6 months if not more).

In summary highly recommend, especially if you've young children!

Official HTC Sensation Battery 1520mAh BA S560 [Wireless Phone Accessory]
Official HTC Sensation Battery 1520mAh BA S560 [Wireless Phone Accessory]
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery life back to new, 12 Aug. 2013
Bought this for my wifes HTC Sensation which was running out of battery in under a day (had been getting nearly 2 when new). This replacement battery looks genuine and certainly has boosted life back to what is was when new (after a days use there is still over 50% charge with moderate use). Very happy and would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11