Profile for Riggs > Reviews

Content by Riggs

Riggs

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Pampers Bed Mats Compact Bag, 21 Mats - (Pack of 3)
Pampers Bed Mats Compact Bag, 21 Mats - (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for toilet training at night, 22 Nov 2013
We bought these for toilet training our 3 year old at night so we didn't need to keep washing sheets every day (and also changing them every night). It says on the instructions to put under the sheet, which we'll probably do once our little one has gotten a bit better at getting up for the toilet (she's a really deep sleeper). For now we put them over the sheet, which works fine as the side they lie on (the absorbent side) is very soft. Because they are waterproof this allows us to quickly change them in the middle of the night without the sheet getting wet. They tuck in nicely to the bed under the mattress so they don't move when the kids roll about (this is a single bed not a smaller cot bed and don't have many issues with it staying in place, occasionally when they're particularly restless they don't stay tucked in). Been using them for nearly a year now, very happy with them, never had to change the sheet due to it being wet. They're very compact so easily thrown in a bag for travelling.

Also tried the Huggies version, nowhere near as good (from what I remember they weren't as big, seemed to make my little one warm and had to be stuck down which I wasn't keen on).

90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
Offered by Image Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of smoke, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: 90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
This arrived in a thin plastic bag and ended up bashed when it arrived. No big deal really as it just sits in the garden. No instructions provided. Had to attach legs, no big deal except couldn't get then on facing outwards (as shown in the picture, could facing inwards though which seem reasonably stable. Found some online guide on best way to use, and it burned through lots of file and some branches in a few hours. I left it to cool overnight and was out by morning. It's hard to describe it, but the bin looks discoloured from the bottom up to half way (on the outside). I'm not sure if this is cosmetic or if it is a sign of the bin degrading already. Time will tell if it lasts, but my suspicion is that it won't (I'll try to update in a few months).

Only one last thing to say - this gives off a ridiculous amount of smoke (alright you are burning things so is to be expected). Only a complete ignoramus would use this in their back garden as your neighbours will hate you. I used on bonfire night and would only ever use again on this exact date.

Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice protection for lens, 1 Nov 2013
Screwed into Canon 18-135 mm lens easily. No noticeable difference (negative impact) on picture quality. Peace of mind that I am protecting the lens from damage.

NEEWER Lens Cap Keeper Holder for Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Fuji and all other SLR DSLR Cameras and Video Cameras
Offered by Ultra Sales Global (7-23 Business Day Delivery Time)

5.0 out of 5 stars No more lost caps, 1 Nov 2013
Fits around 67mm Canon lens (and petal hood) well, seems to stick well so far. No idea why these don't come as standard with caps.

Canon EW-73B Lens Hood for EF-S17-85mm IS USM Lens
Canon EW-73B Lens Hood for EF-S17-85mm IS USM Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on and off, 1 Nov 2013
Very quick and easy to put on and off Canon lens. Line up the red dots and twist, simple (like fitting a light bayonet bulb).

SanDisk SDSDXPA-032G-FFP 32 GB Extreme Pro SDHC Memory Card 95 MB/s - Frustration-Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 1 Nov 2013
Bought this card for my new Canon 70D. I have had no issues taking pictures or videos so far, even at highest settings. The burst mode (7 fps) took 82 pictures before it started to slow down. Seems quick transferring to PC too.

10 x DOUBLE SIDED STICKY PADS FOR HOUSEHOLD CAR VAN TRUCK NUMBER PLATES
10 x DOUBLE SIDED STICKY PADS FOR HOUSEHOLD CAR VAN TRUCK NUMBER PLATES
Offered by Price Zone

1.0 out of 5 stars lasted 3 days, 27 Oct 2013
Made sure both number plate and car surfaces were clean and dry. Stuck to number plate first and left for a while, then stuck to the car. Rear plate fell off after 3 days. The sticky pads were still on the car rather than the number plate. Hopeless. Set I previously bought from Halfords lasted 8 years until I sold the car!

ghd V Gold Classic Styler
ghd V Gold Classic Styler
Offered by Energy Hair Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave hair smooth, shiny and straight, 22 Oct 2013
These straighteners leave hair smooth, shiny and straight. Guard is good to put over when hot so kids don't burn themselves. Heats up really quickly and has a handy beep to let you know when ready to use. Very pleased with this product.

Autoglym 150g High Definition Wax
Autoglym 150g High Definition Wax

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shiny car, 6 Oct 2013
Used this a couple of times already on my new (black) Honda CRV. Very easy to apply and remove with the sponges and cloth provided. Car looks great once finished and repels the water well when it rains. Seems to last 2-3 months (washing the car every other week), after that still repels water well, but doesn't bead quite as fine as when first applied. Happy to apply every 3-6 months to keep the car looking great. Costs a lot but even on a big car like mine I've hardly used any, doubt I've even used quarter of the tin of wax. I expect it will be a couple of years before I need to buy again.

Autoglym 1L Custom Wheel Cleaner Kit
Autoglym 1L Custom Wheel Cleaner Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans the wheels, 6 Oct 2013
Cleans the wheels on my Honda CRV back to new. I clean my car reasonably often so can't really say how well this works on caked on brake dusted, but works well for me. Haven't tried the brushes as I already own a wheel brush, but they do look good. Will definitely buy again when I run out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11