Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rolson 70528 Mini Glue Gun
Rolson 70528 Mini Glue Gun

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 15 April 2015
When I plugged it in, it sparked and smoked. I don't know if this was an incredibly rare one-off or if these can generally be quite unsafe. I wouldn't recommend this particular glue gun though.

EC Technology® Enhanced BASS+ Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker Bulit-in Mic Speaker System, 12 Hours Playtime Portable Wireless Rechargable Speaker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker is full of surprises..., 29 Mar. 2015
Packaging: 5/5
- This speaker arrived promptly and well packaged. It came with an audio cable, a USB charging cable and a well-written user manual.

Ease of use: 5/5
- Setup is quick and effortless. The speaker simply needs to be turned on and then selected from the list of Bluetooth devices from an audio source’s Bluetooth settings. The audio cable can also be used to connect the speaker to a non-Bluetooth device or to connect without the need for any Bluetooth configuration.
- Controls on the base of the speaker allow for pausing, playing, skipping back and forth, and volume control (when holding the skip buttons). It may have been nice to have access to these controls without having to lift the speaker, but this isn’t a very big issue.
- To answer a phone call, the button on the front of the speaker simply needs to be pressed. The speaker has a built-in mic, so your phone does not need to be held to your ear.
- To charge, the speaker simply needs to be connected to either a computer or a USB power adapter using the supplied USB cable. To my surprise, the battery level gets displayed in the status bar of my iOS device (possibly also other devices). The speaker came fully charged and I am yet to run low on battery, but I suspect that the LED indicator on the speaker will alert me when I am.

Performance: 4/5
- The Bluetooth 4.0 technology allows for a consistent and reliable connection. There does not seem to be any sort of noticeable lag and I have not experienced any dropping connections so far.
- The speaker can play audio very loudly. I was quite surprised by this, considering its size. I think that, on top of personal and individual usage, it would be great for things like picnics and small get-togethers.
- I think the sound is balanced pretty well. For the typical user, the sound is pretty clear and the base is adequate. For more extensive use though, I recommend a larger and more expensive speaker or set of speakers. This speaker is ideally a portable one for leaving home with or for using around the house, so for what it is, I think that the sound quality is brilliant.
- I have not heard what sound picked up on by the mic sounds like, but when talking on the phone I received no complaints.
- The battery so far seems to be doing pretty well. I have been using it for a few hours now and it still has over half its battery life left. EC Technology says it can last between 8 and 12 hours on a full battery, which does seem to be the case.

Build quality: 5/5
- The speaker feels and looks like one of the more expensive speakers that you can get. I think the body is made of aluminium, which I am very pleased about as the picture made it seem like plastic to me. The design is slick and attractive.
- It is very compact, so you can carry it around easily; it could even fit in a pocket. The aluminium makes it quite dense though, so it is heavier than it looks. It weighs in at 249g, which is okay, I guess; it is still very portable. I would rather have a heavy aluminium speaker than a light plastic one.
- A rubbery base was implemented to, I presume, help it stay still on a table and to help reduce vibrations of the table. I think it does this well.
- I can see this speaker lasting very long. It is a really solid construction.

Conclusion: 5/5
The is very well built. It looks great and performs much better than I had anticipated. Using it could not possibly be any simpler. For those who need a small speaker that needs to be carried around a lot, I highly recommend this one.

Vena® Apple iPhone 6 LEGACY Case [Dual Layer Protection][Shock Absorption] Heavy Duty Hybrid Case with Kickstand + 1 PREMIUM (HD CLEAR) Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") (Champagne Gold/Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 25 Mar. 2015
It seems good at first, but within just a few weeks you get a lot of unsightly scratches and discolouring on the back from normal use. Moreover, the black inner part collects dust and lint very easily. This case hasn't been built to last. With time it ends up a mess. It's so bad I can't bare to even look at it anymore. I've had to put on a different case and so this case was a waste of my money. I don't recommend it to anyone. The only good thing about it was the kickstand.

Unity Siddal 30 cm 12-inch Silent Sweep Baton Modern Wall Clock, Multi-Colour
Unity Siddal 30 cm 12-inch Silent Sweep Baton Modern Wall Clock, Multi-Colour

1.0 out of 5 stars Developed a fault, 27 Feb. 2015
It was great at first - I couldn't hear a peep from it.

However, it's merely been six weeks now and it's already developed a fault. It's been making a horribly annoying sound like a helicopter flying around my house. I've tried changing the battery, but to no avail.

I will be returning this item. It's a shame though as I really liked the design - it looks stunning. This may have just been a one-off, but I don't want to take any chances. I'll be buying a different one this time round.

Smash Terminator® Premium Quality Tempered Glass Screen Protector for New Smart Phones Android (0.25mm) Ultra Thin Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth, Dust Remover. UK Designed Product by AllThingsAccessory® (iPhone 6)
Offered by All Things Accessory Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector + service, 2 Feb. 2015
Although the instructions were very clear and everything was provided to get that perfect installation, I messed up. I hadn't seen a piece of dust that was left on the screen, which was very visible after applying the screen protector and turning on the screen. It's vital that you clean the screen properly with these glass protectors; to help, turn on the screen and try to get a white display (Safari works well for this) and then use the provided stickers to remove any visible dust. I wish I'd though of this when installing my protector, but hopefully I can get it done right the next time! The suppliers were very helpful, even though it was me who messed up. The protector itself is good. I wish it were a tad wider, but the actual display is fully covered, so this doesn't bother me too much. I will definitely be ordering another.

iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector, Tech Armor Apple iPhone 6 Premium HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - Protect Your Screen from Scratches and Drops - Maximize Your Resale Value - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy
Offered by onlineshop24-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector, 2 Feb. 2015
This screen protector came with everything that's needed to apply it - a cloth, a dust remover, a wipe etc. The instructions were very clear and well written. It was really nice and easy to apply this too, as I was able to move it a little before it could stick fully to the protector to make sure that it's perfectly aligned. Applying took about two or three minutes in total.

The edges of the phone aren't entirely covered due to the iPhone 6's curvature, but it's not actually an issue because the display is fully covered. The glass feels really nice and smooth, just like the actual screen. The protector doesn't seem to impact at all on how well touch is registered. This protector doesn't show finger prints nearly as easily as others I have tried. Having this protector on really makes me feel that my iPhone is safer and better protected. Glass protectors are supposedly much stronger than plastic ones; since iPhones are so expensive, I really recommend a good quality protector like this rather than the cheaper alternatives out there, especially the cheap plastic ones.

All in all, I am very impressed with this screen protector.

6 Pairs Mens Gentle Grip HoneyCombe Top Non Elastic Socks by Drew Brady / 26 Colour Designs to Choose From / UK Sizes 6-11 and 12-14 (UK 6-11 Eur 39-45, Black)
Offered by onpointlook

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Grip Socks, 25 Jan. 2015
These socks are great. They fit comfortably and they don't slip down while walking. Unfortunately though, some of the socks have a lot of excess thread from the text at the bottom; this needed to be cut off, after which the socks were fine. These are good for the summer, as they are not too thick. My feet don't get cold easily though so I've been wearing these in the winter without a problem. The material is nice and soft, just like the more expensive socks that you can buy. I recommend these socks; they're fantastic.

EC Technology® Foldable Wireless Keyboard Ultra-Slim Full-size Portable Bluetooth Keyboard with Aluminium Alloy Body for iOS (iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well designed keyboard, 28 Dec. 2014
Pros:
Very light and compact (specifications in description)
Folds effortlessly - held open and shut by magnets
Seems fairly durable
Keys require very light taps
The sleek aluminium design looks great, especially compared to other foldable keyboards (other than the magnets that become visible once opened)
Compatible with a wide range of devices (including Macs, even though this was not advertised in the description*)
Charges via USB - no batteries to worry about and usable while charging
The top two rows of a typical keyboard have been merged to make the keyboard even more compact (the fn key needs to be pressed in order to use the less frequently needed set of keys)
Bluetooth connectivity so far seems to be very reliable and fast; I have experienced no sudden connection losses and reconnections as with other keyboards

Cons:
Wobbles slightly to either side when used due to underside not being completely flat (although only forceful pushes cause it to wobble enough to make this an issue)
No caps lock indicator
The magnets ruin the otherwise great looking design; I would like to see these being hidden, if possible, in any future revisions
Only one colour option at present; silver or white editions would be fantastic

It’s important to note that the image of this keyboard next to an iPhone, presumably for size comparison, is of an iPhone 6 Plus. The keyboard may otherwise be larger than anticipated. If you own an iPhone 6 (like me), do not be misled - use a ruler to check the dimensions. Regardless, it is still very small.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this keyboard. It works just as I hoped it would, if not better. I recommend this keyboard to anyone who needs to carry one around.

NOTE TO MAC USERS:

*I was pleasantly surprised to find that this keyboard works with Macs! I have summarised the compatibility of this keyboard with my MacBook Air running OS X Yosemite (this list may or may not be valid with other OS X systems, but I think it should be. During setup, when asked to hit the key directly to the left of the shift key, the ? / key should be pressed rather than the up key.

Substituted keys (Key => Mac input)
Win => cmd
# => £ (alt + 3 is required whether using a Mac or an EC Technology keyboard)

Missing keys (compared to the Mac keyboard):
Launchpad
Mute

Dormant keys:
None

LianSan Myopia Swimming Goggles Prescription Men Women Swimming Glasses Uv Protection Performance Swim Goggle Anti Fog Af1100
Offered by LianSan Glasses Store

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with these, 14 Dec. 2014
These goggles being of a brand I'd never heard of and having no previous comments made me hesitant. I took the plunge though and bought them - I'm really glad I did. These goggles fit very well; they're much more comfortable than the non-prescription Speedo goggles I'd been using. They have a fantastic seal when worn properly - I didn't have to take them off at any point to get water out (which I did every now and then when using my Speedos). I wasn't sure about the dark tint because they looked too dark to me, but I can see surprisingly well through them regardless; I quite like the tint now. The goggles also came with ear plugs, which weren't advertised in the description; I don't need ear plugs, but it's a nice addition. They also came with a second nose bridge to help get the perfect fit (although I kept the default bridge - it fits fine on me). I don't like the case that the goggles came in so much - it can see it being a bit tough to open for some, although this isn't so much of an issue since any case (or even none) could be used. The price is very reasonable. The price for prescription goggles seems to start at about £10, but these goggles were fulfilled by Amazon which is why I chose them. I wouldn't expect anything more at this price, or even at much higher prices actually. Overall I am very satisfied with these goggles; they are much better than I thought they'd be.

EC Technology® Ultra-mini Collapsible Bluetooth Speaker Enhanced BASS+ Aluminum Alloy Wireless Speaker with Cavity Resonance Design

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little speaker, 13 Dec. 2014
This speaker arrived promptly and powered up, ready for use right out of the box. It came with a clear set of instructions, which will probably not be needed anyway since the device is really easy to use. It also came with an audio cable to allow for non-Bluetooth usage and a usb cable to charge the speaker with. Setting up is very straightforward (even my mum was able to do it!). You turn on the speaker, enable Bluetooth from your device settings then you select EC-BTPC3.0 from the list. A chime confirms that you have successfully connected to the speaker. You can skip these steps by connecting your device directly to the speaker using the audio cable.

Pictures do this speaker no justice. Although it looks from the pictures that the speaker is made of a cheap plastic, it is actually made of aluminium and feels very solid and well made. In person it also looks like a quality device that's worth much more than the RRP. The speaker is very small and light. It has a collapsible design to, I presume, reduce the size of the speaker. I've never seen a collapsible speaker like this before - it's pretty cool. The speaker doesn't need to be opened up for use, but I found that it sounds better opened than closed. It has rubber feet that stop it from moving about on the table. I'd say that the overall design is very well thought out.

The speaker performs really well for moderate use. It's much louder than my iPad Air, although at the highest volume, sound (particularly heavy bass) can become a little distorted and unclear. With the sound turned down a bit, music sounds great. Sound quality seems to be the same whether using the audio cable or Bluetooth. Bluetooth may be more convenient, but I prefer to use the cable since it helps to preserve the battery life of my device with Bluetooth being turned off (and maybe even the speaker, I can't say for sure at the moment). The battery life of the speaker seems to be pretty good; I've been using it for a few hours now using the audio cable and it's still running without any issues.

Although the speaker features an LED indicator that turns green when the speaker is switched on and red when it charges, there is no battery level indicator. It is difficult to judge how much longer the speaker will last or when it may need to be charged. A volume control on the speaker itself may also have been a nice addition, so your device need not be used to control the volume. It is suggested by EC Technology to not use the speaker while it charges; this can be really inconvenient (the speaker works fine though whether it's charging or not so I'll be using it while it charges regardless - I think this suggestion is to merely preserve the speaker's life). For moderate use the sound range of this speaker is good (as described above), but, in future generations (if any), it could definitely be something to work on.

Overall I am very impressed with this speaker. It is easy to set up. I experienced no interruption in Bluetooth connectivity. The sound quality is great for moderate users. The design is very slick and it feels like a quality product in my hand. There is room for improvement (thus the 4 stars), but these improvements may actually just be added costs - a more sophisticated speaker than this may cost much more. The speaker is of great value - at this price you can't really expect too much more. I would definitely recommend this item to the average user without any hesitation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3