Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
EC Technology® Bluetooth 4.1 Earphones Lightweight with Mic Hands-free Calling Apt-X Stereo sweat-proof Sports/Running Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Headsets Earbuds for Smartphones- Green
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headset with a few niggles, 2 Sept. 2015
Who doesn’t love a good old pros & cons list? Here we go…

Pros:
- Amazing sound quality with a nice, deep bass and excellent clarity
- Very immersive and isolating, although this may depend on the fit of the earbud tip in use
- Blazing fast Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- No audio lag when watching videos (tested with 1080p YouTube videos without any issues)
- Bright sporty colour and slick casing (♪ black and yellow, black and yellow ♫ XD)
- Strong tangle-free cable
- Cable isn't too long or too short; I doubt there's a head that's too big or too small for these :)
- Flashing light indicator for checking battery life (also displayed on iPhone status bar)
- Cross platform compatibility
- Volume of headset changes rather than phone volume, giving finer control over volume and improving compatibility across devices; some people may find this annoying though
- Tracks can be skipped back and forth
- Features a mic for phone calls and voice assistance (e.g. Siri); calls can be answered/rejected/redialed and voice assistance activated directly from headset itself
- Very impressive battery life - has lasted at least five hours of constant use so far and still going
- USB port covered and mic placed on underside, so probably okay for use in rain
- Earbud flaps keep earbuds in ears more securely (removable and interchangeable)
- Easy to set up and use; hold multi-function button to turn on, enable Bluetooth on device and connect to 'H-07'. Connects automatically the next time
- Tidy packaging and prompt delivery
- Clear, straightforward multi-language manual

Cons:
- Confusing buttons: Next track set to '-' and previous track to '+' for some reason; presses = skip track, hold = volume - I think it should be the other way round; for the record, double-pressing volume down triggers voice assistance, double-pressing the multi-functional button triggers redial and holding down the multifunctional button powers the headset on and off
- Range of earbud tips are very limited - 4 sets are provided (as well as 2 flappy thingy mabobs), but they are all quite similar to each other - I couldn't get the perfect fit, so I had to resort to tips I got with a different pair of headphones; I recommend looking into memory tips - they give the perfect fit but don't last as long
- No voice notifications - it would've been nice to have someone say 'power on' or 'connected' etc. rather than just hearing beeps
- No colour options - the yellow is nice; it's a really cheerful and uplifting look, but I imagine a lot of people would want something more subtle
- Cable is quite stiff, so it takes an odd-looking shape; it's because it's tangle free - it bounces about less too as a result. Personally, I don't mind the bouncing and with such a short cable, I don't think tangles pose much of an issue. I think I would have preferred a regular cable. Pro or con, you decide ;)
- USB cap may be a little hard to open for some; it can be cut off if required, but I'd avoid that if possible as the cap improves water-resistance and keeps the port free from dust
- No carry case provided; I'd recommend buying a small mesh pouch separately - they're really cheap

Well, there you have it. It is a good headset, especially considering the price. Most of the niggles I uncovered don't really affect performance, just usability; they're things that you'd probably get used to, eventually. They might not even bother most people to begin with. To me, the sound quality of any headset / headphones is what matters most, which is why this set has won me over (compared to my Axgio / Mpow Bluetooth headsets). Unfortunately, my headset has a connectivity issue, which causes the connection to drop randomly at times and the sound to sometimes jitter, which is really annoying. I contacted the folks at EC and it turns out that this is just a one-off faulty set, so I've tried not to hold my review against it. Anyway, if anything new about this headset crops up, I'll be sure to update this review. At the moment, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

I hope this review helps! :D

Disclosure: This headset was kindly provided to me by EC Technology in return for an unbiased review.

Monstraw's Water Bottle Kids with Straw | Leak Proof | 350ml Flip Top | BPA Free
Offered by Refill Life

2.0 out of 5 stars FINGER CRUSHER, 17 Aug. 2015
I was a bit sceptical about having to pay £8 for a water bottle, but all the cheaper bottles seemed to have low ratings. Having received this now though, I can see why it costs £8. It's a really solid construction with a very premium feel and look; it probably costs quite a bit to build compared to other bottles on the market.

The straw is soft and flexible, which makes drinking from the bottle a little easier (I'm guessing). The cap is really easy to open and shut. At first, I thought it was a little too easy, but it really does shut well; nothing leaks once shut and it doesn't open up on it's own when tilted / shaken / whatever.

Unfortunately, the strap isn't adjustable. I think it is well-sized for the target audience though (1 to ~6 year olds). I bought this bottle for my 91 year old grandma and the strap doesn't fit her, but it can be removed with a bit of pulling and stretching.

The bottle has capacity markings on the side, which can be really useful for keeping track of how much your kids have been drinking (definitely helps with my grandma, who doesn't seem to drink enough water). The pictures look really fun - I'm sure kids would love them. You can download a free bedtime story too from the website. I haven't downloaded it, but it could be fun.

This last point is quite important, so I'm going to put in in capitals for everyone to see; it's the main reason I dropped stars:

THE CAP CAN CRUSH FINGERS!!!

One hand has to be used to hold the bottle while the other opens up the cap. If the bottle is being held from the top part of the bottle, just below the cap, fingers can get caught under the cap, as it snaps open quite fast. My grandma hurt her fingers on the cap yesterday and they've been hurting since. My stronger adult fingers don't hurt so much when I try this - it's just a pinch for me. For kids (and elderly) though, I can see it being a problem. They have small fingers and weak skin, so they could hurt themselves quite a bit. You have to make sure that they're holding the bottle properly. They may forget though as all they usually want is a really quick drink, or you might not even be able to warn them as they might still be learning to speak! If this bottle were for adults, then fine, it's a great bottle. For what it is though, this can be quite a dealbreaker. I gave two stars as other than this, it would have been a good bottle.

I hope this helps.

Air Zuker® 15000mAh Protable External Battery Charger Dual USB (2.1A / 1A Output) Power Bank with LED Flashlight for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus, HTC One, Most other Phones and Tablets
Offered by Air Zuker. UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent power bank, 30 July 2015
In short, this power bank works exactly as described and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Design: 4.5 / 5.0
- Designed for use with more power-demanding devices such as iPads thanks to its 2.1A output (as well as less power-demanding items since it also features a 1A output). Two devices can be charged at a time and it is safe to connect less power-demanding items such as iPhones to the 2.1A output. Essentially, you get to choose which device needs to be given more power between the two devices you want to charge.
- Tells you how charged the power bank is using 4 blue LED lights (1 light = 0-25%; 2 lights = 25-50%; 3 lights = 50-75%; 4 lights = 75-100%). A specific number may be more useful, but I personally think this is good enough since it isn't good to let the power bank drain fully anyway; I always charge the bank as soon as it gets to 1 light and I recommend everyone else does this too (expands lifespan of battery).
- Features a torch. I haven't had to use it yet, but it is a pretty decent torch and it definitely can come in handy.
- The curved design and subtle edges make it easy to hold.
- Small enough to fit into a typical pocket.
- The included USB cable is quite short - this can be a good thing for when the cable is being used to charge a micro USB connected device, but the same cable needs to be used to charge the power bank too. The power bank may need to be laid onto the floor next to outlet because it's so short. It doesn't need to be charged often enough for this to be a problem for me, but for anyone else, I would recommend either charging from your computer (you need a USB outlet / adapter anyway) or using a different micro USB cable that you probably already have; these cables are pretty standard - you may have gotten one with your phone / camera / Kindle / mouse etc. Equivalent third party cables are 100% compatible with this power bank. I'm actually quite glad this came with a short cable as I only have long ones.

Build quality: 5.0 / 5.0
- Initially, I thought it was quite heavy for its size. I pulled up the first three 15000mAh power banks that I could find on Amazon though and they were all heavier. This one weighs 299g, compared to the 331g, 358g and 304g banks I found. I guess power banks are just heavier than they look. It isn't heavy in that you'd struggle to carry it around though, so I wouldn't worry so much about its weight. In fact, if weight is the only thing stopping you from going for a larger size power bank, I'd say that you should just go for it. Larger power banks may last much longer before needing a full charge but would only need to be a little heavier. I have a 22400 mAh power bank too and the weight difference is almost negligible. It's too big to fit into my pocket though, so unless you'll only ever be storing it in your backback or something, I'd be cautious about the dimensions.
- The bank is made of a very strong plastic. It feels very dense and durable, and I think it would survive a fair drop (although I'm not willing to try - sorry!).
- The plastic has a matte, non-slippery and slightly grippy feel to it, except for the edges, which have a smooth plastic. I think the contrasting materials adds a really slick, premium look and feel to the power bank.

Performance: 5.0 / 5.0
- So far, I've only been using this power bank to charge my iPhone. I've been using the 2A output and it's been working very fast. I never charge my phone fully, so I wouldn't know how many times the power bank would be able to charge it, but the manufacturer claims a 750% charge (7.5 full charges), which seems about right.
- The torch is very bright and I don't think it uses up much battery life, but I'm assuming here.
- I don't know exactly how long it takes to charge the power bank, but I put it on charge before I went to bed when it was between 0-25% and it was fully charged about 7 hours later when I woke up. I'm pretty sure it would charge fully from flat overnight too.

N.B. I've only been using this power bank for about a week now and my performance rating is based on that. I'll keep this review updated if I have to though. Please do note that the performance of all power banks degrade with use and that they are never designed to last forever. They only last a certain number of charges before needing to be replaced. I think this is usually around 200 charges. I therefore recommend only using power banks to charge devices as much as they need to and no more, e.g. charging your phone to just 20% to get you home.

iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) Screen Protector Ultra slim 0.26 mm Tempered Glass Anti Glare Ultra HD Clear - Lifetime Warranty - Shatter Proof No Bubbles or Fingerprint Oleophobic 9H 2.5D Curved Matte Finish Front Kit - Protect your Apple phone screen
Offered by Tek Venture

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 Jun. 2015
I've used many glass screen protectors in the past and I must say that I am very impressed with this one. It doesn't seem to alter the touch screen sensitivity or the display colours in any way. Fingerprint resistance is superb and the cutouts are very precise. Due to the curved screen of the iPhone 6, a gap had to be left between the protector and the edges; without it, the protector would peel. This protector is perfectly compatible with my fairly bulky and tight Speck Candyshell hard shell case.

The cloth isn't individually packed within the package and it is prone to picking up dust, so keep it clean until used; don't take it out until you need it. After wetting the screen you have to dry it with the cloth - it helps to rub vigorously and in all directions to eliminate all the smudges and streaks. You may find that dust falls onto the screen quite quickly when exposed, so dust ends up falling onto one part of the screen when removing dust from another part; you should be really quick with the dust removal sticker (lift and apply several times fast) to remove all the dust from the entire screen and you should apply the protector before any further dust can be attracted. It may help to have someone else prepare the protector while you remove the dust. I suggest keeping the screen protector face down at all times upon removing the film and applying it as soon afterwards as possible. Ideally you want no dust at all under the protector. Dust can cause bubbles to form. Please note that these are not instructions but advice based on my own experience - I hope it helps.

The customer service is impeccable. I was emailed twice to be asked if I received the protector and if everything is alright with it. The CEO responded quickly and personally to a query I had. He was very nice and it was clear that he wanted nothing but full customer satisfaction. This is a small but growing business which I think has done an excellent job that some of the bigger companies have failed to do. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy from TekGuards again in future.

I highly recommend this item.

Ceclc® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Skin Cover for iPhone 6 4.7 inches with free black PU leather phone case

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 29 May 2015
Terrible protector. It doesn't stick to the screen properly. The edges peel off and it's not compatible with snap on cases (I'm using a Speck CandyShell case); fitting the case immediately forms bubbles, which didn't happen with my previous Anker glass protector. Also, it didn't come with dust removal stickers. This item isn't fit for purpose and shouldn't have been sold.

I didn't want to fit this until I decided it was time for my previous protector to retire, so it's been over a month since I purchased. I don't know if I'll be able to get a refund anymore, but I do know to avoid Ceclc products in future.

I think the positive reviews here are all internal (they were all written over less than a 2-week span and they all rate this awful protector at 5 stars); please ignore them and take my advice. DO NOT BUY.

EC Technology® Enhanced BASS+ Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker Bulit-in Mic Speaker System, 12 Hours Playtime Portable Wireless Rechargable Speaker - Black
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker is full of surprises..., 29 Mar. 2015
Packaging: 5/5
- This speaker arrived promptly and well packaged. It came with an audio cable, a USB charging cable and a well-written user manual.

Ease of use: 5/5
- Setup is quick and effortless. The speaker simply needs to be turned on and then selected from the list of Bluetooth devices from an audio source’s Bluetooth settings. The audio cable can also be used to connect the speaker to a non-Bluetooth device or to connect without the need for any Bluetooth configuration.
- Controls on the base of the speaker allow for pausing, playing, skipping back and forth, and volume control (when holding the skip buttons). It may have been nice to have access to these controls without having to lift the speaker, but this isn’t a very big issue.
- To answer a phone call, the button on the front of the speaker simply needs to be pressed. The speaker has a built-in mic, so your phone does not need to be held to your ear.
- To charge, the speaker simply needs to be connected to either a computer or a USB power adapter using the supplied USB cable. To my surprise, the battery level gets displayed in the status bar of my iOS device (possibly also other devices). The speaker came fully charged and I am yet to run low on battery, but I suspect that the LED indicator on the speaker will alert me when I am.

Performance: 4/5
- The Bluetooth 4.0 technology allows for a consistent and reliable connection. There does not seem to be any sort of noticeable lag and I have not experienced any dropping connections so far.
- The speaker can play audio very loudly. I was quite surprised by this, considering its size. I think that, on top of personal and individual usage, it would be great for things like picnics and small get-togethers.
- I think the sound is balanced pretty well. For the typical user, the sound is pretty clear and the base is adequate. For more extensive use though, I recommend a larger and more expensive speaker or set of speakers. This speaker is ideally a portable one for leaving home with or for using around the house, so for what it is, I think that the sound quality is brilliant.
- I have not heard what sound picked up on by the mic sounds like, but when talking on the phone I received no complaints.
- The battery so far seems to be doing pretty well. I have been using it for a few hours now and it still has over half its battery life left. EC Technology says it can last between 8 and 12 hours on a full battery, which does seem to be the case.

Build quality: 5/5
- The speaker feels and looks like one of the more expensive speakers that you can get. I think the body is made of aluminium, which I am very pleased about as the picture made it seem like plastic to me. The design is slick and attractive.
- It is very compact, so you can carry it around easily; it could even fit in a pocket. The aluminium makes it quite dense though, so it is heavier than it looks. It weighs in at 249g, which is okay, I guess; it is still very portable. I would rather have a heavy aluminium speaker than a light plastic one.
- A rubbery base was implemented to, I presume, help it stay still on a table and to help reduce vibrations of the table. I think it does this well.
- I can see this speaker lasting very long. It is a really solid construction.

Conclusion: 5/5
The is very well built. It looks great and performs much better than I had anticipated. Using it could not possibly be any simpler. For those who need a small speaker that needs to be carried around a lot, I highly recommend this one.

Vena® Apple iPhone 6 LEGACY Case [Dual Layer Protection][Shock Absorption] Heavy Duty Hybrid Case with Kickstand + 1 PREMIUM (HD CLEAR) Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") (Champagne Gold/Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long, 25 Mar. 2015
It seems good at first, but within just a few weeks you get a lot of unsightly scratches and discolouring on the back from normal use. Moreover, the black inner part collects dust and lint very easily. This case hasn't been built to last. With time it ends up a mess. It's so bad I can't bare to even look at it anymore. I've had to put on a different case and so this case was a waste of my money. I don't recommend it to anyone. The only good thing about it was the kickstand.

Unity Siddal 30 cm 12-inch Silent Sweep Baton Modern Wall Clock, Multi-Colour
Unity Siddal 30 cm 12-inch Silent Sweep Baton Modern Wall Clock, Multi-Colour

2.0 out of 5 stars Developed a fault, 27 Feb. 2015
It was great at first - I couldn't hear a peep from it.

However, it's merely been six weeks now and it's already developed a fault. It's been making a horribly annoying sound like a helicopter flying around my house. I've tried changing the battery, but to no avail.

I will be returning this item. It's a shame though as I really liked the design - it looks stunning. This may have just been a one-off, but I don't want to take any chances. I'll be buying a different one this time round.

Smash Terminator® Premium Quality Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) with 9H Hardness and 96% Transparency (0.25mm) Ultra Thin Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth, Dust Remover. UK Designed Product by AllThingsAccessory® (iPhone 6)
Offered by All Things Accessory Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector + service, 2 Feb. 2015
Although the instructions were very clear and everything was provided to get that perfect installation, I messed up. I hadn't seen a piece of dust that was left on the screen, which was very visible after applying the screen protector and turning on the screen. It's vital that you clean the screen properly with these glass protectors; to help, turn on the screen and try to get a white display (Safari works well for this) and then use the provided stickers to remove any visible dust. I wish I'd though of this when installing my protector, but hopefully I can get it done right the next time! The suppliers were very helpful, even though it was me who messed up. The protector itself is good. I wish it were a tad wider, but the actual display is fully covered, so this doesn't bother me too much. I will definitely be ordering another.

iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - Protect Your Screen from Scratches - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy
Offered by Tech Armor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector, 2 Feb. 2015
This screen protector came with everything that's needed to apply it - a cloth, a dust remover, a wipe etc. The instructions were very clear and well written. It was really nice and easy to apply this too, as I was able to move it a little before it could stick fully to the protector to make sure that it's perfectly aligned. Applying took about two or three minutes in total.

The edges of the phone aren't entirely covered due to the iPhone 6's curvature, but it's not actually an issue because the display is fully covered. The glass feels really nice and smooth, just like the actual screen. The protector doesn't seem to impact at all on how well touch is registered. This protector doesn't show finger prints nearly as easily as others I have tried. Having this protector on really makes me feel that my iPhone is safer and better protected. Glass protectors are supposedly much stronger than plastic ones; since iPhones are so expensive, I really recommend a good quality protector like this rather than the cheaper alternatives out there, especially the cheap plastic ones.

All in all, I am very impressed with this screen protector.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3