Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) Screen Protector Ultra slim 0.26 mm Tempered Glass Anti Glare Ultra HD Clear - Lifetime Warranty - Shatter Proof No Bubbles or Fingerprint Oleophobic 9H 2.5D Curved Matte Finish Front Kit - Protect your Apple phone screen
Offered by Tek Venture

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 Jun. 2015
I've used many glass screen protectors in the past and I must say that I am very impressed with this one. It doesn't seem to alter the touch screen sensitivity or the display colours in any way. Fingerprint resistance is superb and the cutouts are very precise. Due to the curved screen of the iPhone 6, a gap had to be left between the protector and the edges; without it, the protector would peel. This protector is perfectly compatible with my fairly bulky and tight Speck Candyshell hard shell case.

The cloth isn't individually packed within the package and it is prone to picking up dust, so keep it clean until used; don't take it out until you need it. After wetting the screen you have to dry it with the cloth - it helps to rub vigorously and in all directions to eliminate all the smudges and streaks. You may find that dust falls onto the screen quite quickly when exposed, so dust ends up falling onto one part of the screen when removing dust from another part; you should be really quick with the dust removal sticker (lift and apply several times fast) to remove all the dust from the entire screen and you should apply the protector before any further dust can be attracted. It may help to have someone else prepare the protector while you remove the dust. I suggest keeping the screen protector face down at all times upon removing the film and applying it as soon afterwards as possible. Ideally you want no dust at all under the protector. Dust can cause bubbles to form. Please note that these are not instructions but advice based on my own experience - I hope it helps.

The customer service is impeccable. I was emailed twice to be asked if I received the protector and if everything is alright with it. The CEO responded quickly and personally to a query I had. He was very nice and it was clear that he wanted nothing but full customer satisfaction. This is a small but growing business which I think has done an excellent job that some of the bigger companies have failed to do. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy from TekGuards again in future.

I highly recommend this item.

Ceclc® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Skin Cover for iPhone 6 4.7 inches with free black PU leather phone case

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 29 May 2015
Terrible protector. It doesn't stick to the screen properly. The edges peel off and it's not compatible with snap on cases (I'm using a Speck CandyShell case); fitting the case immediately forms bubbles, which didn't happen with my previous Anker glass protector. Also, it didn't come with dust removal stickers. This item isn't fit for purpose and shouldn't have been sold.

I didn't want to fit this until I decided it was time for my previous protector to retire, so it's been over a month since I purchased. I don't know if I'll be able to get a refund anymore, but I do know to avoid Ceclc products in future.

I think the positive reviews here are all internal (they were all written over less than a 2-week span and they all rate this awful protector at 5 stars); please ignore them and take my advice. DO NOT BUY.

Rolson 70528 Mini Glue Gun
Rolson 70528 Mini Glue Gun

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 15 April 2015
When I plugged it in, it sparked and smoked. I don't know if this was an incredibly rare one-off or if these can generally be quite unsafe. I wouldn't recommend this particular glue gun though.

EC Technology® Enhanced BASS+ Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker Bulit-in Mic Speaker System, 12 Hours Playtime Portable Wireless Rechargable Speaker - Black
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker is full of surprises..., 29 Mar. 2015
Packaging: 5/5
- This speaker arrived promptly and well packaged. It came with an audio cable, a USB charging cable and a well-written user manual.

Ease of use: 5/5
- Setup is quick and effortless. The speaker simply needs to be turned on and then selected from the list of Bluetooth devices from an audio source’s Bluetooth settings. The audio cable can also be used to connect the speaker to a non-Bluetooth device or to connect without the need for any Bluetooth configuration.
- Controls on the base of the speaker allow for pausing, playing, skipping back and forth, and volume control (when holding the skip buttons). It may have been nice to have access to these controls without having to lift the speaker, but this isn’t a very big issue.
- To answer a phone call, the button on the front of the speaker simply needs to be pressed. The speaker has a built-in mic, so your phone does not need to be held to your ear.
- To charge, the speaker simply needs to be connected to either a computer or a USB power adapter using the supplied USB cable. To my surprise, the battery level gets displayed in the status bar of my iOS device (possibly also other devices). The speaker came fully charged and I am yet to run low on battery, but I suspect that the LED indicator on the speaker will alert me when I am.

Performance: 4/5
- The Bluetooth 4.0 technology allows for a consistent and reliable connection. There does not seem to be any sort of noticeable lag and I have not experienced any dropping connections so far.
- The speaker can play audio very loudly. I was quite surprised by this, considering its size. I think that, on top of personal and individual usage, it would be great for things like picnics and small get-togethers.
- I think the sound is balanced pretty well. For the typical user, the sound is pretty clear and the base is adequate. For more extensive use though, I recommend a larger and more expensive speaker or set of speakers. This speaker is ideally a portable one for leaving home with or for using around the house, so for what it is, I think that the sound quality is brilliant.
- I have not heard what sound picked up on by the mic sounds like, but when talking on the phone I received no complaints.
- The battery so far seems to be doing pretty well. I have been using it for a few hours now and it still has over half its battery life left. EC Technology says it can last between 8 and 12 hours on a full battery, which does seem to be the case.

Build quality: 5/5
- The speaker feels and looks like one of the more expensive speakers that you can get. I think the body is made of aluminium, which I am very pleased about as the picture made it seem like plastic to me. The design is slick and attractive.
- It is very compact, so you can carry it around easily; it could even fit in a pocket. The aluminium makes it quite dense though, so it is heavier than it looks. It weighs in at 249g, which is okay, I guess; it is still very portable. I would rather have a heavy aluminium speaker than a light plastic one.
- A rubbery base was implemented to, I presume, help it stay still on a table and to help reduce vibrations of the table. I think it does this well.
- I can see this speaker lasting very long. It is a really solid construction.

Conclusion: 5/5
The is very well built. It looks great and performs much better than I had anticipated. Using it could not possibly be any simpler. For those who need a small speaker that needs to be carried around a lot, I highly recommend this one.

Vena® Apple iPhone 6 LEGACY Case [Dual Layer Protection][Shock Absorption] Heavy Duty Hybrid Case with Kickstand + 1 PREMIUM (HD CLEAR) Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") (Champagne Gold/Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 25 Mar. 2015
It seems good at first, but within just a few weeks you get a lot of unsightly scratches and discolouring on the back from normal use. Moreover, the black inner part collects dust and lint very easily. This case hasn't been built to last. With time it ends up a mess. It's so bad I can't bare to even look at it anymore. I've had to put on a different case and so this case was a waste of my money. I don't recommend it to anyone. The only good thing about it was the kickstand.

Unity Siddal 30 cm 12-inch Silent Sweep Baton Modern Wall Clock, Multi-Colour
Unity Siddal 30 cm 12-inch Silent Sweep Baton Modern Wall Clock, Multi-Colour

1.0 out of 5 stars Developed a fault, 27 Feb. 2015
It was great at first - I couldn't hear a peep from it.

However, it's merely been six weeks now and it's already developed a fault. It's been making a horribly annoying sound like a helicopter flying around my house. I've tried changing the battery, but to no avail.

I will be returning this item. It's a shame though as I really liked the design - it looks stunning. This may have just been a one-off, but I don't want to take any chances. I'll be buying a different one this time round.

Smash Terminator® Premium Quality Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) with 9H Hardness and 96% Transparency (0.25mm) Ultra Thin Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth, Dust Remover. UK Designed Product by AllThingsAccessory® (iPhone 6)
Offered by All Things Accessory Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector + service, 2 Feb. 2015
Although the instructions were very clear and everything was provided to get that perfect installation, I messed up. I hadn't seen a piece of dust that was left on the screen, which was very visible after applying the screen protector and turning on the screen. It's vital that you clean the screen properly with these glass protectors; to help, turn on the screen and try to get a white display (Safari works well for this) and then use the provided stickers to remove any visible dust. I wish I'd though of this when installing my protector, but hopefully I can get it done right the next time! The suppliers were very helpful, even though it was me who messed up. The protector itself is good. I wish it were a tad wider, but the actual display is fully covered, so this doesn't bother me too much. I will definitely be ordering another.

Phone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector, - Protect Your Screen from Scratches - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy
Offered by Tech Armor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector, 2 Feb. 2015
This screen protector came with everything that's needed to apply it - a cloth, a dust remover, a wipe etc. The instructions were very clear and well written. It was really nice and easy to apply this too, as I was able to move it a little before it could stick fully to the protector to make sure that it's perfectly aligned. Applying took about two or three minutes in total.

The edges of the phone aren't entirely covered due to the iPhone 6's curvature, but it's not actually an issue because the display is fully covered. The glass feels really nice and smooth, just like the actual screen. The protector doesn't seem to impact at all on how well touch is registered. This protector doesn't show finger prints nearly as easily as others I have tried. Having this protector on really makes me feel that my iPhone is safer and better protected. Glass protectors are supposedly much stronger than plastic ones; since iPhones are so expensive, I really recommend a good quality protector like this rather than the cheaper alternatives out there, especially the cheap plastic ones.

All in all, I am very impressed with this screen protector.

6 Pairs Mens Gentle Grip HoneyCombe Top Non Elastic Socks by Drew Brady / 26 Colour Designs to Choose From / UK Sizes 6-11 and 12-14 (UK 6-11 Eur 39-45, Black)
Offered by stansbargains

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Grip Socks, 25 Jan. 2015
These socks are great. They fit comfortably and they don't slip down while walking. Unfortunately though, some of the socks have a lot of excess thread from the text at the bottom; this needed to be cut off, after which the socks were fine. These are good for the summer, as they are not too thick. My feet don't get cold easily though so I've been wearing these in the winter without a problem. The material is nice and soft, just like the more expensive socks that you can buy. I recommend these socks; they're fantastic.

EC Technology® Foldable Wireless Keyboard Ultra-Slim Full-size Portable Bluetooth Keyboard with Aluminium Alloy Body for iOS (iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well designed keyboard, 28 Dec. 2014
Pros:
Very light and compact (specifications in description)
Folds effortlessly - held open and shut by magnets
Seems fairly durable
Keys require very light taps
The sleek aluminium design looks great, especially compared to other foldable keyboards (other than the magnets that become visible once opened)
Compatible with a wide range of devices (including Macs, even though this was not advertised in the description*)
Charges via USB - no batteries to worry about and usable while charging
The top two rows of a typical keyboard have been merged to make the keyboard even more compact (the fn key needs to be pressed in order to use the less frequently needed set of keys)
Bluetooth connectivity so far seems to be very reliable and fast; I have experienced no sudden connection losses and reconnections as with other keyboards

Cons:
Wobbles slightly to either side when used due to underside not being completely flat (although only forceful pushes cause it to wobble enough to make this an issue)
No caps lock indicator
The magnets ruin the otherwise great looking design; I would like to see these being hidden, if possible, in any future revisions
Only one colour option at present; silver or white editions would be fantastic

It’s important to note that the image of this keyboard next to an iPhone, presumably for size comparison, is of an iPhone 6 Plus. The keyboard may otherwise be larger than anticipated. If you own an iPhone 6 (like me), do not be misled - use a ruler to check the dimensions. Regardless, it is still very small.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this keyboard. It works just as I hoped it would, if not better. I recommend this keyboard to anyone who needs to carry one around.

NOTE TO MAC USERS:

*I was pleasantly surprised to find that this keyboard works with Macs! I have summarised the compatibility of this keyboard with my MacBook Air running OS X Yosemite (this list may or may not be valid with other OS X systems, but I think it should be. During setup, when asked to hit the key directly to the left of the shift key, the ? / key should be pressed rather than the up key.

Substituted keys (Key => Mac input)
Win => cmd
# => £ (alt + 3 is required whether using a Mac or an EC Technology keyboard)

Missing keys (compared to the Mac keyboard):