Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
LianSan Myopia Swimming Goggles Prescription Men Women Swimming Glasses Uv Protection Performance Swim Goggle Anti Fog Af1100
Offered by LianSan Glasses Store

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with these, 14 Dec 2014
These goggles being of a brand I'd never heard of and having no previous comments made me hesitant. I took the plunge though and bought them - I'm really glad I did. These goggles fit very well; they're much more comfortable than the non-prescription Speedo goggles I'd been using. They have a fantastic seal when worn properly - I didn't have to take them off at any point to get water out (which I did every now and then when using my Speedos). I wasn't sure about the dark tint because they looked too dark to me, but I can see surprisingly well through them regardless; I quite like the tint now. The goggles also came with ear plugs, which weren't advertised in the description; I don't need ear plugs, but it's a nice addition. They also came with a second nose bridge to help get the perfect fit (although I kept the default bridge - it fits fine on me). I don't like the case that the goggles came in so much - it can see it being a bit tough to open for some, although this isn't so much of an issue since any case (or even none) could be used. The price is very reasonable. The price for prescription goggles seems to start at about £10, but these goggles were fulfilled by Amazon which is why I chose them. I wouldn't expect anything more at this price, or even at much higher prices actually. Overall I am very satisfied with these goggles; they are much better than I thought they'd be.

EC Technology® Ultra-mini Collapsible Bluetooth Speaker Enhanced BASS+ Aluminum Alloy Wireless Speaker with Cavity Resonance Design
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little speaker, 13 Dec 2014
This speaker arrived promptly and powered up, ready for use right out of the box. It came with a clear set of instructions, which will probably not be needed anyway since the device is really easy to use. It also came with an audio cable to allow for non-Bluetooth usage and a usb cable to charge the speaker with. Setting up is very straightforward (even my mum was able to do it!). You turn on the speaker, enable Bluetooth from your device settings then you select EC-BTPC3.0 from the list. A chime confirms that you have successfully connected to the speaker. You can skip these steps by connecting your device directly to the speaker using the audio cable.

Pictures do this speaker no justice. Although it looks from the pictures that the speaker is made of a cheap plastic, it is actually made of aluminium and feels very solid and well made. In person it also looks like a quality device that's worth much more than the RRP. The speaker is very small and light. It has a collapsible design to, I presume, reduce the size of the speaker. I've never seen a collapsible speaker like this before - it's pretty cool. The speaker doesn't need to be opened up for use, but I found that it sounds better opened than closed. It has rubber feet that stop it from moving about on the table. I'd say that the overall design is very well thought out.

The speaker performs really well for moderate use. It's much louder than my iPad Air, although at the highest volume, sound (particularly heavy bass) can become a little distorted and unclear. With the sound turned down a bit, music sounds great. Sound quality seems to be the same whether using the audio cable or Bluetooth. Bluetooth may be more convenient, but I prefer to use the cable since it helps to preserve the battery life of my device with Bluetooth being turned off (and maybe even the speaker, I can't say for sure at the moment). The battery life of the speaker seems to be pretty good; I've been using it for a few hours now using the audio cable and it's still running without any issues.

Although the speaker features an LED indicator that turns green when the speaker is switched on and red when it charges, there is no battery level indicator. It is difficult to judge how much longer the speaker will last or when it may need to be charged. A volume control on the speaker itself may also have been a nice addition, so your device need not be used to control the volume. It is suggested by EC Technology to not use the speaker while it charges; this can be really inconvenient (the speaker works fine though whether it's charging or not so I'll be using it while it charges regardless - I think this suggestion is to merely preserve the speaker's life). For moderate use the sound range of this speaker is good (as described above), but, in future generations (if any), it could definitely be something to work on.

Overall I am very impressed with this speaker. It is easy to set up. I experienced no interruption in Bluetooth connectivity. The sound quality is great for moderate users. The design is very slick and it feels like a quality product in my hand. There is room for improvement (thus the 4 stars), but these improvements may actually just be added costs - a more sophisticated speaker than this may cost much more. The speaker is of great value - at this price you can't really expect too much more. I would definitely recommend this item to the average user without any hesitation.

TeckNet® Twin Mains Plug-in Wireless Cordless Doorbell Door Chime
TeckNet® Twin Mains Plug-in Wireless Cordless Doorbell Door Chime
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great either, 6 Dec 2014
Pushing the doorbell lightly on the edges lights up the doorbell, but no sound is made; this can be misleading. The sound volume can be adjusted over four levels, but the loudest setting isn't as loud as I'd hoped it would be. Thankfully I bought the two pack so I can use a receiver upstairs too (I have two floors, but my previous single receiver doorbell was loud enough for the whole house). The sound can be quite canny at the loudest setting which is quite disappointing. The door bell is a bit wider than the typical doorbell - a smaller design would look a lot better.

On the plus side, the lighting looks really nice. The price is decent. Delivery was prompt. There are loads of chimes to choose from (although I use the simple default setting). Setting up is easy; the doorbell can be applied using the supplied adhesive or screws, and the bells came paired already.

Overall this product is okay for the price. If the design issues don't bother you so much then I do recommend it.

Brabantia Fall Front Bread Bin - Matt Steel Fingerprint Proof
Brabantia Fall Front Bread Bin - Matt Steel Fingerprint Proof
Offered by U Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid bread bin, 14 Oct 2014
This really is fingerprint proof. It's of a very good build quality too. I bought it to replace my previous stainless steel one (which wasn't fingerprint proof). My previous one lasted 2 years and it was still actually working fine. I only wanted to replace it with a brushed design to match my new kitchen. Anyway, it lasted long and so I'm sure this will too. It's nice and big - you can fit up to three loaves of Kingsmill bread (it's a bit of a squeeze, but it all fits), and if you don't eat so much bread I'm sure you can put other things (such as muffins!) inside to keep them fresh. Hopefully you don't have as sugary a diet as I do :) but I don't need to hope that you'd be pleased with the quality of this because it really is a solid piece of kit. You can even keep things on top - I keep my matching Brabantia canister set on top.

Manicare Toe Nail Clippers with Nail File
Manicare Toe Nail Clippers with Nail File

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 14 Oct 2014
A fantastic pair of clippers at a very reasonable price.

I purchased some clippers from Wilkinson and they were terrible - they left my nails very sharp afterwards. These however don't. You end up with nicely rounded nails. Moreover, with these clippers, the clippings don't jump so much.

Don't go to Wilkinson - buy these; delivery is prompt.

LAMY Ink Eraser and Blue Overwriter Pen (Fine)
LAMY Ink Eraser and Blue Overwriter Pen (Fine)
Offered by Morgan's Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't really go wrong with a Lamy, 14 Oct 2014
This is a great eraser, but it only works well with good quality cartridges such as Parker or Lamy ones. Generic ink only fades partially.

I recommend the medium tip eraser as it acts like a highlighter whereas this has a pointed tip like a pen, so the medium tip is a bit easier to erase writing with.

Delivery is fairly prompt - much faster than estimated.

Lamy Ink Eraser and Overwriter - Medium Tip
Lamy Ink Eraser and Overwriter - Medium Tip
Offered by Morgan's Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great eraser, 14 Oct 2014
This works really well with Lamy and Parker ink cartridges. However, I also tried it with some cheap generic cartridges that I had and it doesn't work so well with those. You have to scribble over your writing a bit more and even then, the ink only fades partially.

The eraser is good, but you should also buy some good cartridges to complement it.

I recommend the medium tip eraser - it works a bit like a highlighter whereas the fine tip eraser has a pointed tip like a pen.

LCD Bike Bicycle Cycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
LCD Bike Bicycle Cycle Computer Odometer Speedometer
Offered by LTZmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speedometer, 27 Sep 2014
Easy to fit, works perfectly well and is super cheap. It's just as good as the more expensive speedometers out there.
The instructions are very clear too - I'm not sure what everyone has been complaining about.
I highly recommended this

Lux Optical - Safety Glasses -POKELUX
Lux Optical - Safety Glasses -POKELUX
Offered by QUALITY SAFETY PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Lux Optical - Safety Glasses, 19 July 2014
These look very stylish and provide very good eye coverage. They're lightweight and comfortable, and don't steam up. I use them in the lab and actually forget I'm wearing them at times!

They can't be worn over glasses, so be wary of that.

I recommend these.

Fairy Tattoos - 24 Supplied - Great Party Bags Fillers
Fairy Tattoos - 24 Supplied - Great Party Bags Fillers
Offered by Express Goods UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tattoos + amazing service, 19 July 2014
These tattoos last very long. They're really easy to apply and can be removed just as easily with bath oil.

The sellers respond quickly to messages. I was sent two fairy tattoo packs when I ordered one smiley face and one fairy tattoo pack. The sellers responded quickly to the message I sent them and dispatched the smiley face tattoo pack straight away + an extra to say sorry!

Most importantly though, kids love these!

I can't recommend this service and product enough.

Page: 1 | 2