Profile for Marouf > Reviews

Content by Marouf

Marouf (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Luxebell® Apple Watch Strap, Stainless Steel Strap Wristwatch Band Wrist Band with Metal Clasp Watchband + Free Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch Black (42 MM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Steel Glory, 12 Feb. 2016
This strap is amazingly built! It arrived neatly packaged in a professional retail box with all the necessary tools. Removing the links was fairly straightforward - you simply place the strap into the adjustment unit and turn the handle to remove the pin. All the instructions are provided and it takes just a few minutes at most.

A glass screen protector was also provided with wipes to clean the watch face first too. Glass protectors are usually more expensive and better because they’re stronger and easier to apply without bubbles. I already had a protector on, so I didn’t use the one provided but it’ll come in handy as a spare. At a glance, it does seem to be a really nicely cut protector.

The watch is really comfortable - I forget it’s there! It feels strong and very premium - you can tell just by trying to bend the steel. It’s rigid and held very firmly together. The ends also clip into the Apple Watch securely as with official Apple straps. My favourite part about this strap is how great it looks. It’s really professional-looking, especially compared to the sports strap I used to use. It looks much more sophisticated and elegant - perfect for work!

This is comparable in quality to the Apple stainless steel band yet significantly cheaper. Why pay so much more for the name? I personally recommend not only buying this watch strap but also sending me the remaining £420 you’d be saving :). But seriously, I am really happy with this strap and would gladly recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Luxebell® Apple Watch Strap, 42mm Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap Band for Apple Watch All Models with Unique Magnet Lock(No Buckle Needed) (ML-Silver-42 MM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinatingly Fluid..., 12 Feb. 2016
Wow! I’ve never held a piece of metal in my hands that’s felt so light and fluid. It runs beautifully across my fingers like a river in my hands. It feels like something out of a Lord of the Rings movie! The material is very strong - yanking at the ends does nothing to it. The metal ends also feel very strong and rigid - it looks like a stainless, brushed steel to me.

The strap wraps around and clips into place using the magnetised end. It feels very securely held and doesn’t move around throughout the day - it stays put. The watch is held in place by the clips, not the magnet - so you don’t need to worry about the magnet falling off or the watch simply being yanked off your wrist. The magnet just adjusts the size.

I love this strap. It’s incredibly lightweight and super easy to adjust to the perfect fit. It feels and looks amazing. The gaps in the metallic weaves are invisible once worn. Oh, and did I mention it looks great? I know (think?) this design came from Apple first, but this isn’t a cheap imitation. Firstly, it’s of outstanding quality. Secondly, it says LUXEBELL right across the magnet clip - we’re not getting tricked! The name is faintly and elegantly imprinted and the magnet goes at the back, so it doesn’t scream out to lookers. Looks good anyway.

Apple charge a ridiculous £129 for their version. Why pay so much more for the name, which by the way, isn’t even written across the official loop? I am very pleased with this LUXEBELL strap and would highly recommend it to anyone. It’s the best watch strap I’ve ever owned!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Luxebell® Apple Watch Stand, 2 in 1 Bamboo Charging Stand Charger Dock Station Cradle Holder for Apple Watch and iPhone 6s Plus / 6s / 6 Plus / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 / 4s /4 and more smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Carved to Perfection, 12 Feb. 2016
A beautifully built stand. It has a very elegant wood-look with a nice, smooth finish. The edges are cut to perfection - they are smooth & well-polished and sized to fit the cables and watch perfectly.

The company name, ‘LUXEBELL’ is carved really nicely into the front. It isn’t just printed on with a cheap blank ink that fades over time - it’s actually engraved. And it looks amazing.

The phone slot is cut to house pretty much any phone with a width of less than around 7 cm including the case. My iPhone 6 fits inside really nicely and I’m confident it won’t fall out.

There are four foam feet fixed firmly to the base. It’s an interesting material - it’s soft and it grips really well. I was really surprised by how well it resisted slips. The soft material also guarantees no damage whatsoever to the surface below.

I am overall very satisfied with this stand and would highly recommend it without a shadow of a doubt.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Clearzine - The Top Rated Acne Treatment Pill. Eliminates Blotchiness, Redness, Blackheads and Zits
Offered by Best Health Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 12 Feb. 2016
I have been battling acne for years now and it's always been a struggle. I've tried dozens of products ranging from expensive face masks, creams, lotions, face washes, as well as prescription medications including antibiotics, duac, epiduo, benzoyl peroxide and others to name. It's all helped but never really enough.

With ClearZine, I couldn't be happier - I've finally found something that works! Improvements were largely noticeable within just a couple of weeks. These may seem quite expensive, but with 120 pills at around £20, it's only 17p each. You only need a few capsules a day depending on how bad the acne is. Totally worth it, in my opinion. I'll be buying more when I run out and would highly recommend them to others too.

Really hope they work for you as well as they worked for me! Good luck :)

Topjoy TH2 2 Inch Inch Lcd 170 Wide Degree Ultra-wide Angle Lens Action Camera DV 12MP HD DVR Camcorder Video with Waterproof House Support WIFI
Offered by Topjoy Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Feb. 2016
Overview:

I received this camera promptly and well-packaged in box filled with all sorts of accessories to help get the perfect mount. The camera is easy to use and functions even better than expected. The video quality is ace and it comes with an app with several nifty features (detailed further below). Overall, I am very pleased with this.

Setup:

Setting up the camera was really straightforward. All the necessary mounts and attachments are provided. Simply screw/stick everything into place (with the help of the very clearly written, coloured manual). I attached the camera on my helmet to intimidate drivers XD. I didn’t want to use the sticky pads, though, in case I change my mind, so I simply secured it into the gaps of my helmet using some of the mounts and cable ties provided. It looks great and fits perfectly into place without any wobbling. All the accessories are individually packaged, which helps to keep everything neatly separated for those using the manual.

The software is really straightforward to setup too. There is a settings menu, which can be navigated using the 3 buttons. The main settings that need to be setup are the date/time settings, loop settings and video quality (including frames per second). I’ll be using this for cycling, so I set it up to 60 fps 1080p, which definitely seems to be clear enough (more on video quality to follow). For anyone using it as I am on a precautionary basis, I highly recommend enabling looping video; if you run out of storage on your SD card, the recoding won’t just be stop - old recordings get overwritten. There are other settings such as power settings, screensaver, etc. but the defaults should be fine for most.

App and Ease of Use:

The camera is really easy to use. Simply insert an SD card, press and hold the power button at the front and then hit the record button on the top. Simple. To shuffle between video, camera, burst and time lapse, single-press the power button to cycle through. At the end of the cycle, you’ll enter the main menu where photos/videos can be viewed in the gallery and the settings menu can be entered. The shutter button takes a ‘select’ functionality and the Wi-Fi button takes a ‘back’ functionality while the power button shuffles through all the settings.

iOS and Android apps have been built for use with this camera. I used the iOS app and am very pleased with how well it works. I’m going to assume the Android app works just as well. The app allows for recordings and photos on the camera to be wirelessly viewed from your phone/tablet. It also allows for remote, live recording. It’s a really interesting feature - you simply place (or hide) the camera somewhere and using the app, start recording. Everything that the camera sees can be seen and recorded on your phone. The great thing is that the lights/screen on the camera don’t turn on, so you don’t even realise it’s recording. Great for catching people out haha.

To sync the camera with your device, push the Wi-Fi button so that the camera can host a secure, Wi-Fi network to which you connect from your device settings; the password is defaulted to 1234567890. The app should now run as expected. The Wi-Fi can be turned off by pressing the Wi-Fi button on the camera, after which your device should reconnect to its regular Wi-Fi network. The great thing about this, rather than the camera connecting directly to your own Wi-Fi, is that it can be done outside of your home and less power is used, since it doesn’t keep on looking for a Wi-Fi network to connect to. Very clever, I would say.

Build Quality:

The camera is very well-built. Without the case, it has a really nice, grippy material. It’s small and feels really strong. The buttons all have a pronounced click and are nice and easy to press. The screen is the perfect size to see it well enough without being too big. LED lights on the front of the camera indicate whether it’s on, off, recording, connected, etc.

The case it comes with is made of a very strong, clear plastic. The camera clips fits snuggly inside and the case snaps shut. The buttons are press-able from outside using the big silver buttons. Because it’s a clear case, it’s possible to add some personality to the camera by putting pictures / artwork / anything else into the case and securing it in place with some clear tape or a tiny bit of blu tac.

The accessories provided are all very strongly made. Pressing on them doesn’t cause any compression, so you know it’s not a cheap, flimsy plastic that’s used. They’re secured into place with huge, reassuring screws. The great thing about this camera is that you can even use accessories built for other cameras such as GoPros, since it uses a universal mounting system. I have some accessories from my old GoPro for mounting directly onto my chest or head, and I can confirm that it’s all compatible.

Performance:

As a 4K camera, the video quality is excellent, just as anticipated. It's great for action or sports shots. I was really pleased with the output on my 4K TV. Since I plan to use this camera for cycling only, in case of accidents, I set it to HD 1080p 60 fps, which is more than clear enough to see all the number plates of passing cars and everything else within a good distance. This saves precious SD storage space and possibly also reduced power consumption. I used the camera in the rain last night and had no issues. The video could still be seen clearly and rain drop simply trickled off the casing. Audio quality is also decent - everything could be heard clearly enough. I think the video is more important for a camera like this, though.

The battery is yet to be fully discharged on this camera. I had connected it at one point, though, so I've essentially not given it the chance to reach 0%. The longest I’ve used it so far is about 1 h without charge and the battery was a little more than half-charged as I recall, so expect it to last at least 2 hours. Looking around at other cameras, I'm actually quite impressed.

Conclusion:

Overall, I am very pleased with this camera. It works exactly as advertised and does even more than anticipated. It also looks & feels great and was very easy to set up. I definitely feel safer on the roads with this on and highly recommend it. With all the awful drivers on the roads these days, you can never be too careful.

This camera was sent to me for an honest review although no attempt was made to influence my views.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bike Computer by Geared2U - Wireless Multifunction Bicycle Computers - Cycle & Track Your Time, Distance, Speed, Calories - Fast & Easy To Set-Up & Use - No Risk - No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Geared2U Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device - An Essential..., 7 Feb. 2016
Service:
This bike computer arrived quickly in very neat packaging. I am, overall, very pleased with its quality as well the amazing service received from its seller. The seller sent a friendly email to thank me for ordering the computer and also provided a digital copy of the instructions. Not many sellers do this, but it’s really warming when they do. YouTube videos were also filmed by Geared2U to help set things up, with questions in the comments section being promptly responded to. The G2U branding is professionally displayed on the front of the computer and I’m actually quite proud to have it there. I'm sure this company will grow to be amongst the bigger ones some day.

Setup:
Setting this device up was a breeze. The instructions were in clear, concise English and a YouTube video was even provided. There are two parts to the setup (for which there are two separate videos): (1) attaching the device to your bike and (2) Setting up the software for your bike. Both parts were a breeze. You need no tools whatsoever - simply tie everything on using the supplied cable ties and then input time/date settings and your bike wheel size. This takes just a few minutes to do. It’s kind of annoying that to change a single setting, all other settings have to be reset. There isn’t much to set up, though, so this isn’t too much of a problem.

Design:
The computer is really thin (about a pinky’s width) and has a large enough display for numbers to be easily read off, even when just taking a quick glance. The plastic feels solid and seems fit to survive knocks; it doesn’t bend like other, cheap plastics. The LED backlight is a very nice, bright blue (not a sludgy old-fashioned green!). I went for a brief cycle last night with this and the light really helped - it takes just a single press to activate or can be set up to stay on until manually turned off (uses up more power). I really like that this computer can easily be twisted off the mount and taken away with me - it’s one less thing to worry about getting stolen :).

Features and Performance:
The measurements this displays include time cycled, distance travelled, speed and calories burnt. It also shows the date and time. I can’t really think of anything else that it could really be missing. It has all the same features as the much more expensive cycle computers out there. I cannot comment properly on the battery, as it is yet to run out. I trust that it will last a long time, though - they usually do on things like this. The power needed is minimal, especially in low power mode - it automatically enters this mode after being inactive for a certain amount of time. I think this is when connections to the wheel sensor are shut off. The camera is held in place by a mount, which is secured tightly onto the bike with cable ties. There seems to be no movement when cycling and everything sits perfectly in place. The computer is also waterproof to 30 m - definitely enough for even the stormiest of storms.

Conclusion: ​
In conclusion, I am very happy with this computer. It’s really easy to set up, especially with all the simple instructions provided. It’s also very well-designed and built. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do and rather accurately too. I would happily recommend this to a friend. It’s excellent value for money.

LE® 12W A60 E27 LED Bulbs, 75W Incandescent Bulbs Equivalent, 1010lm, Warm White, 2700K, Medium Screw, LED Light Bulbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 4 Feb. 2016
A very high quality light bulb. It’s really bright and perfect for my living room! It screws on just like any other light bulb and works really well; the light disperses evenly in all directions and there’s hardly any glare from this. There’s no warm-up time too - it turns on instantly. As an LED light, it will definitely save money in the long-run due to low energy consumption and long-life. I always get LED bulbs - it just doesn’t make sense to me to buy anything else, especially when these are so cheap and readily available!

The light is bright and has excellent range - it’s ideal for medium/large sized rooms. It’s a warm white, so ideal for lounges or resting places. It’s good to have some warmth because white light confuses our bodies and makes it harder to sleep at night. It feels more relaxing too, in my opinion. I know some people feel differently about it, but I guess it’s subjective. You’d probably get used to it, though.

The bulb is made of a high-quality plastic. You can really feel it’s strength and that it isn’t a cheap, flimsy bulb made in masses. It definitely seems built to last and I’m quite sure it will. I’m very pleased with it and wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to recommend it. Don’t let the low price put you off - it’s just of great value!

LE® 10W A60 E27 LED Bulbs, 60W Incandescent Bulbs Equivalent, 810lm, Warm White, 2700K, E27 Medium Screw, LED Light Bulbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 4 Feb. 2016
Excellent bulb. Screws on perfectly just as any bulb should and is certainly as bright as the advertised 60W. The plastic is strong and the light disperses well with little to no glare. Lights up instantly, as an LED light and should definitely save money in the long-run due to low energy consumption and long-life. I always get LED bulbs - it just doesn’t make sense to me to buy anything else, especially when these go for so cheap.

The light is very powerful and ideal for a medium-sized room. It’s a warm white, so ideal for lounges or resting places. It’s good to have some warmth because white light confuses our bodies and makes it harder to sleep at night. It feels more relaxing too, in my opinion.

The plastic is strong, you can really feel the quality of it pressing against it. With cheaper bulbs, the plastic compresses, but with this, it stays firm and in place. Not really sure if it benefits performance, but I was just impressed. It shows that the bulbs are well-made. I’m sure it’ll last a long time.

Overall, I am very pleased with this bulb and would be happy to recommend it.

LE® 24W Ø41cm LED Ceiling Lights, 180W Incandescent(50W Fluorescent) Bulbs Equivalent, 2000lm , Warm White, 3000K, Flush Mount Ceiling Lights, Flush Ceiling Lights for Living Room, Bedroom, Dining Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick!, 4 Feb. 2016
A nice, simple ceiling light with a strong and well-distributed light. The light is also, ahem, very light. It’s well-constructed and is as simple to fit as any other. Overall, I am very pleased with this item.

Having always had issues with glare in my bedroom, with intense light rays burning my eyeballs, I’m really pleased to find something that doesn’t cause the same issue. I had spotlights before this and a basic light with a lamp shade attached that was never really bright enough.

This LED ceiling light really does the trick. The frosted shade disperses the light perfectly. The light is a bright, warmish white. The unit feels solid to touch and looks great on the ceiling - nothing attention-grabbing or out of place - it’s exactly what I was looking for.

There are no light bulbs, so the entire unit needs to be replaced at the end of its life. I hear that LED lights last for really long, though, so it may even be less effort and less costly than changing lightbulbs every now and then.

I’m really pleased with this light and would gladly recommend it.

LE® Mini LED Keychain Flashlight, Battery Powered Flashlight, Key Chain Flashlights, Torch Light, Black, Pack of 5 Units

5.0 out of 5 stars Really small, really powerful..., 4 Feb. 2016
Very pleased with these torches. They may be small, but they’re certainly powerful too, much more so than anticipated. Nice and easy to carry around or even attach to a key set too. I couldn’t be happier!

The torches are very compact and light, weighing in at about 10 to 20 g. They’re made of a sturdy aluminium material and have a very premium feel. The simple push button on the back is made of a strong, rubbery material and is very satisfying to push.

The keyring is quite big but can be replaced with a standard ring. The advantage of the one supplied is its clip - it’s really easy to attach and remove the ring by simply pressing lightly against the clip, rather than plucking frantically at a standard ring with your nails!

The torches are surprisingly bright. They were specified by the manufacturer as 10 lumens, which definitely seems bright enough to find lost things in the car or even just about bright enough to illuminate a path in the corridor, etc.

I am very pleased with this torch and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. I was sent this item by the seller in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. No attempt was made to influence my decision.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7