Profile for Mr. M. S. Rimmer > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. S. Rimmer

Mr. M. S. Rimmer "msrimmer" (Nanjing, China)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crumpler Jackpack 4000 Bag for Camera - Black/Grey
Crumpler Jackpack 4000 Bag for Camera - Black/Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal day trip bag, 25 Dec. 2014
Ideal for my FujI X-E1 plus 3 lenses. One mounted to the camera and one in each compartment. I don't have a large zoom lens but my 135m manual fits without an issue. Only reason for not giving 5 star is lack of rain cover supplied with the bag.

TECEVO T4 NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker With NFC Pairing And Microphone - 6W RMS - Black
Offered by DigiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Speaker for the price, 18 Aug. 2014
I have used this with bluetooth and via the aux jack and for the price the sound and functionality is great. It's loud enough for background music outside in a small yard/garden or indoors in a small room. The battery life seems good.

Connection Kit 4 in 1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 1, Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1"
Offered by BIDUL & CO

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but..., 18 Aug. 2014
The product itself is fine and seems to be well made. The only issue I have is that once you remove the memory card then you have to reboot the tablet before it well recognise another card. Not sure if this is an Android issue, the device itself or my tablet...once I've figured this out I will update the review.

Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Offered by ARC UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 18 Aug. 2014
Update: after 2 months the player won't switch on unless plugged into the charger, once switched off it won't switch on again at all. I will be sending this back for a refund. Please don't buy - the quality is very poor. Unfortunately this was a gift for my son so now I've had to give him my iPod until we get him something new. All a total waste of time.

If I'd have seen this item in the flesh first then I wouldn't have bought it. The user interface is not great and the buttons on the front are somewhat loose and have a poor quality feel.

Genuine Leather Case for Kubik Evo MP3 & Video Player - Evo Black
Genuine Leather Case for Kubik Evo MP3 & Video Player - Evo Black
Offered by ARC UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 18 Aug. 2014
The case is OK, it fits the Kubik Evo well but you have to pull the strap across the front quite tightly for the magnet to 'grip'' and it's not very easy to operate the player when it's in the case.

K&F Concept Pentax PK lens to Fujifilm Fuji FX Mount Camera Adapter. fits X-Pro1 X-E1 X-M1
Offered by dcmall

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - avoid, 18 Aug. 2014
The adapter is a loose fit to the camera body and initially the lens would not fit either.

On closer inspection I could see that the locating ring was not evenly fitted so I removed the screws and found that one of the holes was out of alignment and this had produced some swarf when the screw was driven in. Once I cleaned this up and refitted I could get the lens to mount but its a very tight fit and longer term I'm worried about it damaging the mounting surfaces of the lens itself.

If I was back in the UK I would return this to Amazon but now overseas so for the price I have written this off as a bad choice - the product quality control is clearly not up to scratch.

Venom Twin Rechargeable Battery Packs - Black (Xbox 360)
Venom Twin Rechargeable Battery Packs - Black (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value - does the trick, 9 Mar. 2014
works well and does exactly what you'd expect it to do, cable is long enough to play & charge conveniently and batteries seem to last for several hours of play.

Ozbozz Nebulus TX Scooter
Ozbozz Nebulus TX Scooter
Offered by The Works

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & Cheerful!, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ozbozz Nebulus TX Scooter (Toy)
Both scooters have become rather worn out much quicker than we hoped but for the price probably to be expected.

Bop It!
Bop It!
Offered by Appods

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
Our 7 year old son loves playing this - only reason it's not 5 star is because it perhaps could do with a little more variety of activities/actions.

Oxford Bright Universal Waterproof Cover for Backpacks - Yellow
Oxford Bright Universal Waterproof Cover for Backpacks - Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, High Vis and Weatherproof, 9 Mar. 2014
Been using these covers now for a couple of years and onto my second one. Used through the winter and kept the rain out of my rucksack. I'm a cyclist but carry a laptop sized rucksack and this is the perfect size. The only reason I bought a second one is because the strap on the top portion has become detached. I don't see this as a failing of the cover, more my own fault by trying to stretch it over a rather full bag on a few occasions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3