Profile for Audiofile86 > Reviews

Audiofile86

This Town Needs Guns
This Town Needs Guns

5.0 out of 5 stars This Town Needs Puns, 4 Jan. 2013
Where do I start? It's awesome. Really hard to pigeon-hole which is no bad thing, has been described by some (in my opinion incorrectly) as Math-rock but this is mainly down to the extremely fast pickings of the guitarists, who layer on complex and delicately placed riffs (delicious) with a humbleness not usually associated with the technically-able. Well worth a listen, couldn't stop personally, and a trip to see live as they're a real delicacy. Perhaps file with Karate, The Get up Kids, Biffy Clyro (at least to me and my uneducated ears) but don't expect them to sound like any of these bands in particular.

Look out for there new Album '13.0.0.0.0', it's a peach!

Leisure Seizure
Leisure Seizure
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars No A.P.O.L.O.G.I.E.S necessary, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Leisure Seizure (Audio CD)
It's been six long years since Tom Vek's unforgettable debut album, and fans from all over the world have expressed their appreciation by proclaiming with addict's dismay, "where am I gonna get my next fix?!". Well it's finally here, and it was worth the wait!

Some critics have dismissed 'Leisure Seizure' as being too similar to the first album. As well as being untrue, this is by no means a reason to cast it aside. 'We Have Sound' was a sublime record and my only hope for Vek's current release was that it would be even half as good! Fortunately for me, it has exceeded all expectation; It's not easy for me to admit, but I believe this new album is on a par with the first, an achievement in itself!

Not only has Tom Vek reached the same giddy heights of musical perfection as before, he's done it with a new direction and significant intrigue. The album still has the same hooks from Vek's idiosyncratic vocal style and intricate melange of instruments and synthetic sounds, but it's bolder, more contemplated in places, and leaves a new and not unpleasant taste in the mouth. There appears to be more experimentation with the electronic samples, and if you'd told me that prior to my first listen I may have been disappointed, but it works, it really works! The way the sounds, instruments, and vocal parts all interweave; from one moment to the next, complimenting, clashing and building up layers, tells of an extremely thoughtful approach...

Where has Tom Vek been for the past 6 years? Well he's clearly been in the studio!!!

Sennheiser 69427 Replacement Cable for HD222 / HD224 / HD230 / HD250 / HD250-II / HD400 / HD410 / HD410SL / HD412 / HD414 / HD414SL HD420 / HD420SL / HD424 / HD430 / HD440-II / HD450-I I / HD480 / HD480-II / HD480-Classic HD480-Classic-II / HD490-Old / HD520-II / HD530 / HD530-II / HD540 / HD540-II / HD560 / HD560-II / HD25SP Headphones
Offered by Annova (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars HD sound restored!, 6 Aug. 2011
As a sucker for sound quality I own a (now quite old) pair of Sennheiser HD540 references, but was quite upset when the cables eventually went from erratic to unusable (after centuries of use to be fair!). This replacement cable was completely compatible, as advertised, and has made my day by arriving within 48hrs... WE HAVE SOUND! Product is original Sennheiser and sleeker looking than my old wires! I believe this is referred to as 'customer satisfaction', not just a myth folks!