Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Content by Lisa

Lisa (Lower Kingswood, Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
First Man: The Life of Neil Armstrong
First Man: The Life of Neil Armstrong
by James Hansen

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 9 April 2014
This book was a gift to my husband who loves all things space and particularly the moon landings and Astronomy Now. When he heard about this book which has apparently been written with the full co-operation and help of Neil Armstrong he was really delighted and is already enjoying it.

Medipaq® PORTABLE BIDET - Hygienic Personal Care - For Home or Holidays
Medipaq® PORTABLE BIDET - Hygienic Personal Care - For Home or Holidays
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 30 Mar 2014
Very pleased with this product and have also bought one for a friend.

As well as being excellent for a quick swish can be worn as a hat (10 year old thinks so as he marched round with it on his head for 10 minutes humming Happy from Despicable Me and asking for tortillas). My friends cat immediately sat in hers and I had to point out that it doesn't actually come with a brush!

Anyway very handy and will be taking away on weekend mini break!

Homefront Slim Pro-XV1000 Advanced Unisex Abdominal Abs Toning Belt (NO REPLACEMENT PADS OR GEL REQUIRED EVER)
Offered by Direct Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Fingers Crossed, 30 Mar 2014
Bought this abdominal abs toning belt on recommendation of Doctor and it seems to be working! Easy to put on but you must make sure your tummy is wet before starting and can be used while standing or sitting down eating chocolate (only joking).

Really pleased as it is nice and compact and counts off the number of sessions at one level before you increase the intensity.

Finding Nemo Adventure
Finding Nemo Adventure

1.0 out of 5 stars I Love it WHEN YOU CAN CONNECT!, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Finding Nemo Adventure (App)
I don't actually hate this game I love it, but I do hate the struggle I have to connect to the server - NIGHTMARE.

Having bought golden coins, pearls, etc., and planted loads of plants to attract fish and visitors I am faced with total and utter frustration because I just want to play it but cannot connect to the server. When you do actually manage to connect you then get an update and are then informed that you are no longer connected to the server. Very, very frustrating.

When it works its lovely, colourful, relaxing and a 5* but unfortunately they really need to sort out the connection and update problems.

Of Mice And Men
Of Mice And Men
by John Steinbeck
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Of Mice And Men (Audio CD)
This is the first time I have ever had an audio book and it is really lovely. The voice of the actor who tells the story is rich and wonderful and you can get totally involved in the story as he does different voices for the different characters.

Of Mice and Men is a true classic, and also on the GCSE reading list, but listening to this story is actually very different to reading it but has been a lovely experience.

If you are struggling with your eyesight or want to try a different way of revising without actually reading the book again buy an audio copy and then sit back and relax.

Electronic Products: GCSE Design and Technology (Lonsdale Revision Guides)
Electronic Products: GCSE Design and Technology (Lonsdale Revision Guides)
by David McHugh

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Revision Guide, 27 Feb 2014
Very pleased with this excellent revision guide. Clear and easy to follow and will be a big help for all my son's revision in this very difficult subject.

Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by TA Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 8 Feb 2014
Every Christmas and Easter, when we have a few days off, my husband and I sit down and watch a TV series and Breaking Bad has been one of the best series we have ever watched and has stimulated lots of thoughts as to how you would launder millions of pounds. As our gas and food bills are so high we concluded we would not actually have a problem spending the money, but it would be a nice problem to have!

Bryan Cranston, who we fell in love with as the dad in Malcolm in the Middle, is a remarkable actor. We have been really gripped with the story from beginning to end and have really enjoyed every moment of Breaking Bad. I recommend buying the complete box set so that you can watch the whole story from the beginning.

Nemo's Reef
Nemo's Reef

1.0 out of 5 stars Love this game BUT......, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nemo's Reef (App)
I love this game which leaves you feeling really chilled - you grow plants and coral, attract fish and feel all relaxed until you get to the higher levels (20+). I have become totally engrossed in the game, spent money on pearls (yes I am that sad) and then IT happens - "CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER - WAIT OR QUIT?" So you wait and wait and then have to quit because it then says "NEMO'S REEF IS NOT WORKING". I have even googled it to find a solution and sent messages but there does not seem to be a solution.

My fish need feeding and I really miss this little game so please fix it so I can change my rating to 5*.

Genuine RC1205 Remote Control
Genuine RC1205 Remote Control
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 8 Feb 2014
I bought 2 replacement remotes for my TV. I'm not greedy but I have 3 boys who fight for control of the TV and I want ultimate power! These were really good. Came quickly were well packaged and worked straight away.

The only tiny thing is they don't have the RC1205 lettering printed on the bottom of them so I will have to hang on to an old one for the future.

Hotel Dash Deluxe (Kindle Fire Edition)
Hotel Dash Deluxe (Kindle Fire Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but cant progress and complete game, 27 Nov 2013
Although I love this game, I just cant seem to complete all the levels which is a bit irritating particularly as I managed to complete the supermarket version.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4