Profile for C. Evans > Reviews

Content by C. Evans

C. Evans "Base Camp" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Blindsided (A Thriller)
Blindsided (A Thriller)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it possible to take on the Mafia and beat them?, 24 Jun 2014
Matt Seattle, having experienced the nightmare of his family being killed in a traffic accident, is trying to piece his life back together. Little does he know that the unfolding events in his workplace will eventually help him to rediscover life, living and love.
Matt concocts the ultimate 'sting' as he discovers one of his clients had died in suspicious circumstances and he gets embroiled with the Mafia. A great balance of suspension, romance, and justice over-coming evil.

MATTHEW HENRY - THE BESTSELLING UNABRIDGED 6 VOLUME COMPLETE COMMENTARY ON THE WHOLE BIBLE (Special Complete Edition): All 6 Volumes of the Bestselling ... Exposition for Kindle MATTHEW HENRY Book 1)
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive bible commentary, 24 Jun 2014
One of the best, clearest commentaries I have read. This is my second port-of-call for clarity and understanding of the scriptures. The Holy Spirit is my first.

No Greatness Without Goodness
No Greatness Without Goodness
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A different mindset, 24 Jun 2014
I heard Randy Lewis being interviewed on Radio 2' Good Morning Sunday' and was instantly struck by Randy's modesty, passion, compassion and drive. Having "met" the person I wanted to read this inspirational book. Although I have not finished it I am enjoying it's easy reading style. Randy describes how the birth of his son Austin redefines his life and he comes to realise that Austin has autism.
This book is full of gems as he shares his journey to provide work for people with disability in the USA's largest distribution network. "Our mission clarified what and how. Mission gets us to the top of the maountain. But it doesn't tell us why we do it. Meaning is why we climb"; "but each time I failed, I've found that failure is a teacher. It's a fitness centre for the soul".
Randy's drive is to make sure that his son can be as independent as possible, so that when he's not around later in life to look after him, a network of security has been put into place to help him continue with a quality of life, meaning and purpose.
This is not a sob story, it is an inspiration.

The Getaway (Sam Archer  Book 2)
The Getaway (Sam Archer Book 2)
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars London meets New York, 6 May 2014
A crime thriller which keeps you reading until it's finished. Enjoyed the plot very much. One unfinished thread left me wondering... If you like a bit of rough stuff, this will do it for you

kwmobile Practical and chic FLIP COVER case for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 in Black
Offered by KW-Commerce
Price: 4.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Protective cover, 6 May 2014
Just what I needed to keep my screen from being scratched in my pocket from keys, nails, screws etc. does the job well. Good value for money. Sturdy and practical. It adds very little to the overall thickness of the phone and case combined. I'm pleased with it.

As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A murder mystery for the casual climber, 6 May 2014
I was looking for a murder mystery which didn't contain graphic descriptions of the murder; sometimes there is too much detail! I found this a refreshing approach. Set on the Somerset Levels made it an interesting read because of the recent winter flooding. I felt I knew some of the places. I am interested in climbing and outdoor activities so a novel which included both these elements ticked the boxes. I was also a member of the RSPB at one time, which helped the development of the plot.
A straightforward murder mystery based on the methods of police detective work which I also have an interest in. So, all the ingredients for a great novel. One or two twists and a twist on the tail made the book interesting. I felt the plot revealed itself a little too quickly. It's not a deep novel, just a quick read and the story is done. However, I have bought another investigative book by the same author. I did enjoy reading 'As The Crow Flies'

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hospice love it, 30 Oct 2013
My wife is a palliative care nurse at our local hospice. She thought these candles would be great for the patients, and the nurses and volunteers who work there. They all love the candles. The patients, particularly, find them very soothing and love simply watching them. Very realistic and no hazard issues about leaving them on in the rooms. Brilliant.

The Net [DVD] [1995]
The Net [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer thriller, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Net [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Although this film was made in 1995, it has an uncanny foreboding of what has become so true with our modern hacking and press intrusion. This a a great film. I saw it many years ago on TV but have wanted to see it again after such a long time lapse. Sandra Bullock plays a somewhat lonesome character in need of a little love, if only she would break away from her computer screen. Most of her flirting is done on the Internet through her work. She stumbles across information which causes a chain reaction of events, not least a complete make-over of her personal details, bank accounts, driving license and she is even given a forged criminal record. All done through the web by people who are out to silence her. Bullock begins to think straight amid the chaos and begins to hit back at those trying to kill her. A nail-biting thriller right to the very end.

101 Uses for Stinging Nettles
101 Uses for Stinging Nettles
Price: 3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A veritable mine of information, 23 Jun 2013
So you thought nettles were an unwelcome growth in your garden...think again. This is a fascinating book and I have loved reading it. The recipes are great and who would have known you can make string and garden bindings from the flattened stalks? I particularly liked the medicinal applications. No more expensive exfoliating ointments needed either. Nettles have it all!
I no longer look at nettles with disdain, they are our friends and like so much in nature, they have so many properties which are beneficial to our health.
I recommend this book.

SAD LIGHT THERAPY DAYLIGHT SUNLIGHT BOX LAMP 10,000 LUX
SAD LIGHT THERAPY DAYLIGHT SUNLIGHT BOX LAMP 10,000 LUX
Offered by EnergyMonitorWorld
Price: 61.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't realise I was so sad!, 29 April 2013
I had read about light boxes and their purposes. I didn't realise I was affected by the condition. So I did some research and chose this because other Reviews were very complimentary. It doesn't uses a lot of electricity (72watts) so no worries about using the box for long periods of exposure. I couldn't say if it made a big difference to my condition but others have made substantial claims. My condition certainly did not get any worse though. My test period was towards the latter part of the winter so I will have to wait for a full winter season before seeing how it will alleviate things. One good thing is that my son uses the light box for his photography and it enhances his pictures very well indeed. See my review next year!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4