Profile for Marko > Reviews

Content by Marko

Marko "Marko" (Sunny Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Go Set a Watchman
Go Set a Watchman
by Harper Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars poor effort!, 16 April 2016
This review is from: Go Set a Watchman (Hardcover)
Agree with some of the other 1 star reviews - it is really boring. Couldn't follow the storyline and no idea why this book was written. It adds nothing to To Kill a Mockingbird.

One Kick
One Kick
by Chelsea Cain

1.0 out of 5 stars forget it, it's rubbish, 11 Mar. 2016
This review is from: One Kick (Paperback)
Absolute rubbish from start to finish. Terrible book, far fetched characters and plot which lacks credibility or substance. The author can clearly churn these books out ten a penny - but really run of the mill stuff and barely worthy of one star in my humble opinion. Sort of book you keep asking yourself, "who writes this stuff?"

Leaving Berlin
Leaving Berlin
by Joseph Kanon

4.0 out of 5 stars I quite liked this novel and the style in which I was ..., 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Leaving Berlin (Paperback)
I quite liked this novel and the style in which I was written. I did think it was a bit unlikely in parts for the main character to act in the way he did - for instance, he's hardly in Berlin and he's gun in hand and finishing someone off with a close range shot. The plot is a little complex and hard to follow in parts but if you stay with it I thought it was pretty well played out. I've also read "The Good German" which I did not rate as highly and there are some similarities - main character returns to Germany and catches up with the woman he left behind - that's ok, but I have to laugh sometimes at the descriptions of the sex scenes and how the "action" is always so fantasic and perfect for both participants. Just like in real life ! But worth a read if you like espionage thrillers.

Capital
Capital
by John Lanchester

3.0 out of 5 stars I found the rest of the separate stories pretty boringand irrelevant, 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Capital (Paperback)
Thought it was well written but not sure I actually knew what the point of it all was so by the end, I was just skimming through the pages to get to the end. To say it is "Outrageously Funny" is, I think, a massive over exaggeration. The only interesting character for me was Roger, the banker. I found the rest of the separate stories pretty boringand irrelevant, particularly the one about the young footballer from Sudan. I thought the whole premise of the book was a bit limp - on the whole, an ok read but not that good that I would recommend it to anyone.

Book Stand Reading Rest, iPad, Tablet Holder and Recipe Cookbook Accessories  Blue Book Chair for Home, Office or Reading in Bed Great Birthday Gift
Book Stand Reading Rest, iPad, Tablet Holder and Recipe Cookbook Accessories Blue Book Chair for Home, Office or Reading in Bed Great Birthday Gift
Offered by Gifts for Book Lovers

4.0 out of 5 stars ingenious product, 17 Jan. 2016
Arrived on time and as advertised. Xmas present and was very well received. Nice product - unusual and looks pretty cool.

Stay Alive: (Scope 2)
Stay Alive: (Scope 2)
by Simon Kernick

1.0 out of 5 stars exceeding poor effort, 5 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Stay Alive: (Scope 2) (Paperback)
I thought this was absolute tosh. There were parts of the book which made me laugh out loud - absolutely ridiculous plot and for me some pretty amateurish writing - call this a "best seller" - the author must be laughing all the way to the bank. In my humble opinion it doesn't even merit one star it's so bad.

Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars really good stuff - great guitar work from PF, 6 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Thank You Mr Churchill (Audio CD)
really good stuff - great guitar work from PF. He is underrated as a guitarist. Saw him in Glasgow when this came out - very good gig.

Strikes
Strikes

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 6 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Strikes (Audio CD)
few listens - not growing on me yet and not as rockin' as I thought it would be.

Scotchgard Multi-Purpose Protector 400 ml (Pack of 2)
Scotchgard Multi-Purpose Protector 400 ml (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 18 Oct. 2015
Arrived quickly. Applied it to the seats in the car and so far so good - plenty left for a top up at some future point. Very good value for money.

Boy Cried Wolf
Boy Cried Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Boy Cried Wolf (Audio CD)
Return to form. Saw them in concert in Edinburgh earlier this year and they perfoed a number of the tracks from this album which encouraged me to buy it. Full of catchy tunes with some great lyrics and hooks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3