Profile for David W. Banes > Reviews

Content by David W. Banes

David W. Banes

The 100 Best Astrophotography Targets: A Monthly Guide for CCD Imaging with Amateur Telescopes (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Black and White Version of the Paperback only in Kindle, 27 Mar 2013
I thought it would be useful to have an electronic version of the paperback for when I went out with my telescope and camera and for that purpose it is fine. My only disappointment was that the photographs are in black and white. I suppose if you have the normal Kindle then that is OK but I view it on my Mac and iPad and much of the splendour and details of the objects are in their colour so it seems shortsighted that this has been rendered in B&W. This was further compounded by the fact that I recall no mention of this in the description - indeed the description is of the Book only - not of the Kindle version per se. Would I have bought it if I had known this? Probably not - as I have the paperback.