Profile for C @ Devizes > Reviews

Content by C @ Devizes

C @ Devizes "inDevizes" (Wilts, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars great little watch, 1 Jan. 2014
Great item for our youngest.

if your kid is young and you cannot trust him/her a more sophisticated watch, this is the perfect solution. He loves it.

Blingstring Outdoor Solar Fairy Lights with 120 LED Bulbs
Blingstring Outdoor Solar Fairy Lights with 120 LED Bulbs

1.0 out of 5 stars No lights during winter, 1 Jan. 2014
What a let down....

I bought this specially for the Christmas season where we all know that there will be less light and certainly not much sun.

These lights only lit up the whole night on their 1st night out of the box. No other day gave it enough charge to be ON for longer than a couple of minutes.

Maybe this item is supposed to be used in countries of the southern hemisphere where it is summer for Christmas?

Samsung BD-F6500 Smart 3D Blu-ray/DVD Player
Samsung BD-F6500 Smart 3D Blu-ray/DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looks and works fine, 1 Jan. 2014
I had a Samsung 2010 model that I used to watch Lovefilm movies on, but when Lovefilm decided to unsupport the 2010 range I called them to cancel my subscription.

What a nice gesture from them giving me this brand new player free of charge.

I cannot fault it.

So much quicker than the 2010 model.
Also loads more applications are now available with this 2013 version. All the catch up facilities from most original terrestrial (FTA) channels.
If you have a mobile phone (specially Samsung ones) you can connect them to each other and watch recorded stuff from your phone on the big screen....OK this was also possible with the 2010 model, but not as easy as with this model.
You can also mirror your phone screen on the TV through this 2013 model.

Logitech UE Air Speaker (discontinued by manufacturer)
Logitech UE Air Speaker (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, 1 Jan. 2014
This unit has the looks.
The sound is also great, but not as much bass as I'd like it to have.

You can drive the sound up to its max without having distortion, at least I haven't had any problems with that.
I would have given it a higher ranking if it came with a remote control.

when it goes into standby mode, none of my iGadgets will wake it up. I have to press a button on the unit to make it come alive again.
Maybe I have a faulty unit?
My PC using airfoil will wake it up from standby so there must be a limitation to when I use an iPhone or iPad? Perhaps a firmware will cure this?

Unit comes well packed

It's easy to get to work as:

- plug its power supply unit on the back (yes you cannot plug the power cord straight into the unit)
- download its dedicated App onto one of you iGadgets so you can configure it with your WIFI network
- that's it. once that is done the unit is good to receive airplay requests.

Pure 80s Pop
Pure 80s Pop

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's sound at almost no cost, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pure 80s Pop (MP3 Download)
What a great bargain. Not sure this worked out for Amazon but I only paid 99 pence for the whole mp3 format album.
This album brings a nice line up of songs that I like to listen to.

My 5 stars are purely due to the value for money, otherwise I would have given it a 3 star as there are 100s of 80's albums already out there.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I expected, 12 Dec. 2013
For the colour I would have given it a 5 star review, but for the light output.... well only one, sorry.

After fitting these and turning the headlights ON inside against a wall I was surprised that the colour was actually what I had been looking for. the white wall in front of the car was actually bight white.

But oh man what a disappointment when I first drove it in the night. First I thought something had gone wrong as I couldn't see the light in front of the car on the ground. Yes, I was within illuminated area in town, but I would notice the lights when using the bulbs that came with the vehicle. These ones wouldn't give me any visible light. It was only once I left town that I could see that these were actually working with the colour I'd expected.

The other BIG problem was now the oncoming vehicles. Because these bulbs are much weaker, my eyes got used to the lower beam and as soon as cars came towards me all seem to blind me. This is a natural effect of our eyes.
My vehicle has cornering lights that I barely noticed when using the default bulbs, but now these would shine bright. This just shows how low power these Ultra Power labelled are.

Electric BBQ Grill - Electric BBQ Grill with Stand
Electric BBQ Grill - Electric BBQ Grill with Stand

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the UK market?, 28 May 2013
Bought this e-grill to make grilling easier than having to get all dirty and smelly with the more conventional charcoal fueled grills, but am surprised that this grill comes with a EU plug. No adapter supplied.
Have to get one now before can use it.

I don't understand how Amazon can sell something like this. Only two stars because of this.
Will come back here to add more info after having used it.

WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green
WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green
Offered by ADELAIDE-CROWSS

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star due to very bad packing!!!!, 12 Mar. 2013
Not happy with Amazon this time.

How can they ship a HDD without any padding? Simply shipped it like they would ship a book. It was inside a carton box just bigger than the HDD and this one wrapped in the usual Amazon easy opening carton.

Does Amazon know how fragile a HDD is? I called their helpline asking about this strange way of packing a HDD and the lady on the other side put me on hold.
After a few minutes she tells me that this is shipped inside the same box as it come from the manufacturer.
Well yes it does, but Amazon certainly doesn't get them shipped to their warehouse in a one by one basis?! They certainly receive them in huge quantities, properly packed. Certainly the box with many HDDs is so heavy that it won't be tossed around like a single HDD that a white van driver throws around.

As said not happy and won't buy any HDDs from Amazon again unless I know that they pack them properly.

Needless to say that mine didn't even come out of the box. Went straight back to Amazon.

Full refund received and as usual a pleasure to deal with.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 10:31 PM BST

Ring Automotive RW1277 H7 Px26d Xenon Ultima with 120 Percent Halogen Headlamp, 12 V, 55 W

1.0 out of 5 stars Bright but not brighter than standard, 2 Feb. 2013
Bought these in the hope that my new(ish) i40 would benefit from more light and show me the way at night with more confidence, but unfortunately this didn't happen.
Fitted these new RING bulbs after (obviously) removing the standard ones and had them aligned at a friendly garage.
Initially, and because I wanted it so much I believed that these RING manufactured were really brighter.

But when driving in the night with the family in the car no one shared the same view as me. They couldn't tell the difference and to be fair so couldn't I.

Next morning I replaced one (only) of these RING with the old one and in the dark placed the car in front of different material surfaces to see if I could notice a brighter area of light, but no, no noticeable differences.

Really disappointing to say the least.

This is to say that the Standard dipped beam bulbs on the i40s are as good (or as bad) as the Ring Xenon Gas Ultima.

Not sure about the other buyers on here who left very positive feedback. You guys must have had very bad lights before fitting these?!

Or could it be that I bought fake ones? These were fulfilled by Amazon.

Needless to say that mine are on the way back to Amazon. I have bought in the meantime OSRAM NBP, but haven't fitted them yet.

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Price: £10.22 - £67.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 1 Dec. 2012
Bought it based on the good feedback these have had from most buyers.

I can confirm that these are the best swim goggles I have every bought.

extremely water tight and best these hardly steam. All others wouldn't last 5 minutes without having to remove and wash the steam off.

Also very comfortable. Even when the strap is not tight the goggles are very water good in sealing.

Very good product