Profile for kindle > Reviews

Content by kindle

kindle

A Famine of Horses: A Sir Robert Carey Mystery (Sir Robert Carey Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I'm in love!, 12 July 2014
I feel very lucky to have had this marvellous book suggested to me, it honestly is one of the best stories I have read in a long time. What has made it particularly interesting for me personally is that I live slap-bang in the middle of virtually all the locations mentioned in the book and it seems obvious to me that P.F.Chisholm has spent a huge amount of time carefully studying the area, its dialect and the rather unorthodox characters (extreme even for that period!)
This really is a fantastic read, and I am eagerly waiting for my children's bedtime so I can enjoy more exciting adventures with the dashing Sir Robert Carey!

The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, 22 Jun. 2014
Excellent! Very funny and highly entertaining, a real cat and mouse chase. I found it very hard to put this book down!

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 8 May 2014
Witty, sad, toe-curlingly brash at times. This is a fantastic story and one I will certainly be persuading my husband to read. The way Nathan Filer has described this illness in a context we can all relate to is amazing. The attention to detail and his conversational manner of writing makes it incredibly difficult not to want to put your arms around Matt and make everything better (maybe that's the mum in me speaking!)
An excellent read, I will be looking out for more titles immediately!

Some Kind of Fairy Tale
Some Kind of Fairy Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 April 2014
I picked this book as a change from my usual Historical Fiction, but quickly found it virtually impossible to put down and read a few pages at any opportunity! A real fairy tale with a fast-paced, engaging story, perfect for anyone with a good imagination and an interest in basic psychology. I will be looking for other titles from this author in the hope they can live up to this story!

The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)
The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairytale for adults!!, 19 Feb. 2014
This is a captivating read, which transports you to the magic of the circus. I found it very hard to put this book down!

The Queen's Knickers
The Queen's Knickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Absurdly Funny, 10 Aug. 2013
Don't know where the idea from this book could have come from but my daughter and I found it very amusing!