Profile for AB  I Love Book Love Blog > Reviews

Content by AB  I Love Bo...

AB  I Love Book Love Blog (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Broken Prince: A Novel (Royals)
Broken Prince: A Novel (Royals)
by Erin Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars 75 was because I didn't love it as much as Paper Princess, 25 July 2016
Let me preface by saying how much of a fusspot I am, I rarely read trilogies because I always find that the middle books are fillers, and don't really add much to the story in terms of plot and excitement etc. This was not entirely the case here, however, and there was a lot of unravelling of secrets going on that really do make you question everyone's actions and motives, it was entertaining and clever, and the only reason I rated it a 3.75 was because I didn't love it as much as Paper Princess, but only because of my fastidious ways. I truly adore this series, it's fresh and intriguing, and whilst it's nothing new in the young adult genre, it's somehow unique and fun.

Broken Prince starts off exactly where we left Paper Princess and the ginormous cliffhanger that had Ella reeling from Reed's betrayal. This book focuses on what continues to be Reed's redemption, and many, many secrets are revealed with regards to the two witches, Brooke and Dinah, and their plans to bring down the Royals.

My favourite thing about this series, is that it is so character driven, I love all of them, good and bad. Elle our heroine is super sassy and strong, and I love that about her, plus we have all of the Royal brothers, their dad Callum, and friends Val and Wade to add to the mix. I can't wait to read more, I am majorly excited to unravel all of the plot twists and hopefully have the bad guys get their comeuppance.

The Dirty Angels Trilogy: The Complete Box Set
The Dirty Angels Trilogy: The Complete Box Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Must!, 18 July 2016
My favourite Romantic Suspense is in a box set! I absolutely love this dark tale, Javier and Luisa have to be my top gritty couple of all time, and their love story is completely captivating and so beautifully written. Highly recommended <3

Blood to Dust
Blood to Dust

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars, 17 July 2016
This review is from: Blood to Dust (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely love this author and her ability to write such a intricate and we'll written story. If you love a dark romance, where the captor and the captive find love in the most unexpected places, then please pick up this book - you won't regret it.

Cream of the Crop (The Hudson Valley Series)
Cream of the Crop (The Hudson Valley Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars, 12 July 2016
This was my first Alice Clayton since I read Wallbanger way back when, and I have to say I really enjoyed the humour and the slow burn romance that produced some super steamy scenes between the adorable cheese farmer Oscar, and city girl Natalie.

Natalie Grayson is a super confident woman which is poles apart from her childhood self. Bullied for being a large kid with braces, she has grown to be a smart and sassy siren, but there is one man who renders her completely speechless and she has no clue what to do about it.

Oscar is a dairy farmer who sells his wares once a week at a farmers market in NYC, he is a tattooed and gruff hottie who makes a mean Brie, and gives absolutely nothing away as to what he thinks of his regular customer who comes to see him come rain or shine on a Saturday morning.

When Natalie is given the account to help market a small town upstate, she jumps at the chance when she discovers that, not only is it the home of her best friend Roxie (from book 1), but a sexy dairy farmer with a field full of cows.

A lighthearted, fun and sexy read, with plenty of feels and fabulous characters.

Definitely looking forward to reading more from this series.

Cream of the Crop is a stand-alone contemporary romance, told from the heroine's POV.

Steadfast (True North Book 2)
Steadfast (True North Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars, 12 July 2016
I absolutely loved this one, with a broken hero and a determined and caring heroine, it had all the elements of an emotional and gripping second chance romance.

Jude is not long out of prison for manslaughter and is back in his hometown, working at his dad's auto shop. All he wants to do is save enough money to get the heck out of there and start his life over, but he struggles on a daily basis to fight his drug addiction, and of course his other addiction to his first love Sophie, who he is surprised to see hasn't town left to pursue her dream of singing on Broadway.

Sophie always wanted to stand by Jude's side when he was convicted of killing her brother in a car accident, but Jude refused her letters and visits. Three years later, she is still as much in love with the boy she knew in high school, but now he has returned as this gorgeous and brooding man, the chemistry and sexual tension is more explosive than ever.

This is one of those books that you don't want to put down, the love between the two main characters felt very real to me, and I was rooting for them all the way. Also, I felt the issues of drug addiction, and family woes were dealt with so realistically, it was a pleasure to read.

Fans of second chance romances with an angsty touch will love this story.

Steadfast is a standalone romance told in dual POV. Also part of a series, this is book 2 in the True North set.

Moonshot
Moonshot

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED!, 4 July 2016
This review is from: Moonshot (Kindle Edition)
Intense, angsty, suspenseful, and passionate, Moonshot was just the book I needed after a whole month of feeling uninspired by the books that I have been reading. It pulled me right into the story, and I felt completely engrossed by the beautifully written words on every page. There was a suspenseful element to this story, but it wasn't the main focus. For me, it was just a great, second chance romance.

Tyler Rollins has been a part of the New York Yankees family since she was 7 years old. Daughter of the team's much-loved manager, she eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball. When her childhood hero, Chase Stern is drafted to the club when she is 17, both of their lives are set on a path that is tumultuous, rocky, and extremely intense.

They embark on a forbidden affair, which is both sweet, and passionate, but the road to their happy ever after is severely tested when miscommunication tears them apart.

This book captivated me, and I thoroughly connected to their love early on. Ty and Chase were both young and naive - as young adults are, but

The journey they went on was heartbreakingly beautiful, and although I was extremely frustrated at times with the direction the story took, it was a highly memorable and incredibly developed story. I'm never too hard on the characters I read, and all human beings make mistakes and I totally sympathised with the hardships the characters went through.

This is not your typical new adult sports romance, but an emotional and intense read that will keep you glued to the pages. Alessandra Torre is a master at storytelling and I loved that she was able to pull me out of my funk with a raw and gritty romance.

Moonshot is a standalone sports romance, told in dual POV's.

Mr. Romantic: A Mister Standalone (The Mister Series Book 2)
Mr. Romantic: A Mister Standalone (The Mister Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Naughty Stars, 23 Jun. 2016
Holy mother of all things, this book was on fire! I gotta warn you, it contains sexual scenes that some might find disturbing, and it really won't appeal to the delicate flowers of this world, but my goodness, I found it to be a really well written erotic romance that shows both the dominant an vulnerable side of the man they call Mr. Romantic.

Ivy Rockwell is a recent graduate, who is searching for a job that she can get stuck into and enjoy, so when she is invited to take a private jet and be interviewed for a marketing role at an elite hotel resort in the middle of the desert, she throws caution to the wind and agrees to meet the infamous Nolan Delaney.

Nolan has a shady past that he cannot escape, and a reputation that precedes him. Nobody knows exactly why he is dubbed Mr. Romantic, but he definitely does love the ladies, and as soon as he sets his eyes on Ivy, he knows he wants her in his bed.

I loved the relationship between Nolan and Ivy, Nolan is very experienced and Ivy is the complete opposite, but her lack of sexual experience endeared me to her, she was sweet and innocent, but not naive or entirely green. She was a very strong and capable heroine.

Nolan's vulnerable side was equally as sexy as his kinky fantasies, and I adored the way he trusted his inner instincts when it came to Ivy, he always knew she was a special kind of someone, and he fought for what he wanted.

If you fancy something a bit naughty, then this is the book for you.

Mr. Romantic is a standalone erotic romance, told in dual POV. Part of an overall series with an ongoing story arc.

Ramsay
Ramsay

3.0 out of 5 stars Ramsay, 20 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Ramsay (Kindle Edition)
Mia Sheridan is without a doubt a fantastic story-teller and a master at her craft. Unfortunately, her books are hit and miss with me and whilst I have loved the majority of them, Ramsay completely fell short.

Lydia De Havilland and Brogan Ramsey are childhood friends, who fall in love despite their differences in wealth and social standings. Lydia who is a tender age of sixteen makes a terrible misjudgement that leads to a terrible rift that lasts seven years.

What had the potential to become an angst-filled, Love/hate revenge romance, quickly turned into a drama ridden, frustrating, and unemotional read.

The main thing that was missing for me was the lack of emotional connection between the two main characters, and unfortunately, Ramsay was not ticking any boxes for me.

I would, however, recommend you give this a whirl if you like the synopsis and it's calling to you, I really do think this will be a book that you either love or not love.

2.5 Stars

Last Kiss (First and Last Novel)
Last Kiss (First and Last Novel)
by Laurelin Paige

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars, 16 Jun. 2016
Without a doubt, Laurelin Paige has delivered an absolutely first class suspenseful story which hooks you in from the very first page and makes you want to keep reading until the very last.

Carrying on from the moment First Touch ended, Emily Wayborn is left feeling confused as to where she fits into Reeve's life now that Amber is back.

With the three of them living in the same house, and the two women in danger from Reeve's connections to the Greek Mafia, she is learning a lot about herself and her relationships with both Reeve and Amber.

I loved the growth between Emily and Reeve in this book, and especially Reeve. I warmed to him immensely and although I would have loved him to be more insistent with Emily, I loved the way he allowed her to find her way by herself, and that proved to me how much he loved her.

"I hated him. Hated every terrible wonderful emotion he inspired within me. Hated how completely and perfectly he mastered me."

We also discover more about the relationship and dynamics of her friendship with Amber, and about the type of person she has become because of this.

For those who are worried if this becomes a love triangle, I can safely say that although Emily appears to think that it has, it most definitely isn't, and this book is more about the growth of Emily, and how she feels in her own skin, and as part of a couple.

As with the first installment, certain parts did drag slightly, but the story hooks you in enough to keep reading.

Overall, I thought is was an excellent suspenseful and sexy read that fans of romantic suspense would devour with gusto.

Last Kiss is a romantic suspense, and the second part of the First & Last duet. Told in the heroine's POV.

Grin and Beard It: Volume 2 (The Winston Brothers)
Grin and Beard It: Volume 2 (The Winston Brothers)
by Penny Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, 16 Jun. 2016
Penny Reid once again transports us to the mountains of Tennessee and reunites us with our favourite Winston Brothers. I absolutely love this series, and with a combination of swoony bearded heroes and strong intelligent heroines, it's definitely a sure winner in my book.

Jethro Winston is the eldest of the brood, and has a shady past that he is desperately trying to redeem himself from. He is a changed man and no longer has connections to the local biker club, but the shame that lives inside him motivates him to do everything in his power to be the best man he can be.

Sienna Diaz is a Hollywood star and comedy scriptwriter who has been flung into stardom literally overnight. When she gets lost in the mountains on her way to her upcoming film set, she is rescued by an attractive park ranger who she forms an instant connection with.

Grin and Beard It is a slow burn romance, but definitely not lacking in the swoony department, my butterflies were on high alert pretty much throughout the book. I adored the friendship between Sienna and Jet, especially knowing how strongly attracted to each other they were.

"She may have been named Sienna instead of Sarah, and was apparently a celebrity of huge proportions, but she was still dimples and eyelashes to me."

Jet is looking for a serious relationship, but that's not going to be easy when the woman you have set your sights on is extremely famous and career focused.

This was a really sweet story and I loved the determination of the characters to get their happy ending, it was a pleasure to read.

This series offers a unique mix of characters that you can't help but love, and I have a soft spot for Penny's way of writing, which is so different to anything else out there. Younger brother Cletus got a fairly big role in this book, and the anticipation to read his book is extremely high, I just cannot wait for his crazy antics.

Overall, this is turning out to be a top fave series and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves quirky and cute.

Grin and Beard It is part of a series of standalone contemporary romance novels, told from dual POV's

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20